ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Music

View Poll Results: Do you think Big Christian artist's have made gospel music into a Money Ministry?
Yes 2 28.57%
No 2 28.57%
May be 3 42.86%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-02, 10:03 PM

Thumbs up Independent artist are more down to earth

http://Daphneysimsjackson.org Daphney Jackson is a new artist on the scene. I heard her song "Rescue Me" it convicted me to reconvert my life back to God!

You can hear the song by going to www.gospelindex.com and enter there site select female artist and find her click on one of the songs and hear....How God used her annointed words to bring me back to Him. She sent me a free CD and autographed it...I must say, some artist no days act untoucable but not her...she is truely doing this for Christ!
Old 12-14-02, 01:17 PM

They create their own art instead of what the industry thinks will sell. They are real and not sell outs.
Old 12-14-02, 05:26 PM

Default What are you saying?

Are you saying that Independent artist like the one I talked about is not real
Old 12-14-02, 06:35 PM

I'm saying that independant artists are real and popular bands are not. I only (maybe a few exceptions) listen to independant music. Daniel Amos is a good example. Nobody knows about them but they are very genuine and real. www.danielamos.com
Old 12-15-02, 01:36 AM

Default I agree with you! they are good!

Did you get a chance to hear Daphney sims Jackson? I just can't believe how nice she was to me. She just sent me the cd for free and emailed me back...and encouraged me to stay with God. I feel this way because I had emailed an artist when my mother was dying and she passed in 3 months the artist or know one ever got back with me. They probably don't even read there mail? and a publisist or somethng does...This makes people like me think......They don't care. I won't mention the artist name I emailed 8 times about just even calling my mom because she was a big fan of his, or even sending an encouraging email, I don't like to put bad word out on people...but check Daphney out on http://daphneysimsjackson.org She might send you a free CD! I can't promise.....but she seems sp nice you never know

Roa
Old 12-15-02, 10:51 AM

That is cool, I'll have to check that out. There was one popular guy in contemporary Christian Music that was real. When I was a kid I wrote Rich Mullins and he wrote me this long letter back. It was so cool and when he died a couple years later I just couldn't believe it. Back then I wrote several other artists and not one of them responded. I know they must get a lot of letters but come on, what is ministry all about?
Old 12-15-02, 02:49 PM

Default I totally agree

Now one person who is down to earth is Yolanda adams. I went to her concert and I got a chance to shake her hand...She does not act snooty! Did you email Daphney?
Old 12-17-02, 04:23 PM
Don't call me Shirley!

Exclamation

While it sure does seem that way, there is a a reason behind it, most of the time.

When you're independent, you have a little thing called TIME. Once you become a signed artist and popular, that time magically disappears. Thus, doing things like talking to fans after shows, become a rare occurrence. It's not that they suddenly become bad people; they just don't have the time.
Old 12-17-02, 04:44 PM

I agree and that's why I like the independant bands. They have time for me!
Old 12-17-02, 04:55 PM
colliding with grace anew

My dad listens to Daniel Amos
and to enlarge upon feelings which would be passed by unnoticed in conversation. CSLewis
Old 12-17-02, 05:45 PM

That is cool. Does he ever post at the Daniel Amos message board? That's where I usually am. Do you like any of their stuff? I'm 25 and a huge fan but strangly enough, my parants bought DA's second album about the time I was born. I've been a fan ever since.
Old 12-17-02, 07:06 PM
colliding with grace anew

No. I dont' think he even relizes there is a board. He just plays it sometimes. I should pay more attention. I'll have to play it now.
and to enlarge upon feelings which would be passed by unnoticed in conversation. CSLewis
Old 12-18-02, 09:54 AM

Daniel Amos puts out at least one CD every year. The lead singer Terry Taylor also has solo projects. He is also the singer for the Swirling Eddies and The Lost Dogs. What CD does your dad have?
Old 12-26-02, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Nobody knows about them but they are very genuine and real.
Nobody knows about Daniel Amos?? DA has been a popular band in the Christian music circles for a long time. They (and Terry) are like Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill, or Keith Green... I wouldn't say that nobody knows about them

I've seen a small correlation between bands signed to popular labels being less personal than independant bands. But I don't think it is a direct cause-effect. Don't jump to conclusions. I think Subtotal makes a good point about also. So when Subtotal is a huge major band, don't be offended when they don't always have time to chat with you
Old 12-26-02, 06:46 PM
Don't call me Shirley!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris B
I think Subtotal makes a good point about also. So when Subtotal is a huge major band, don't be offended when they don't always have time to chat with you
Haha...Seriously, that's exactly right. We REALLY like talking to everyone after shows, but as more people start showing up, it becomes hard. We even make the extra effort by giving out our personal e-mail address and screen names to fans. That does help, but it's still impossible to talk and get to know everyone, which would be ideal.