ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Ministry > Sharing in Ministry

Old 05-27-10, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Question Taking it to the streets

Have you done street ministry? What did you do and what reactions did you get? It's been a long while but I am thinking of seeing if some folks from church will join me in something on the square and see what we can get going. Please pray for direction/confirmation (or for us to hear clearly if the Lord is saying no not now).
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 06-05-10, 12:03 PM
Administrator

I manned a table (along with fellow church members) at the local monthly flea market for several years. We gave out cookies, and an invitation to church in addition to having a board with challenging thoughts or questions on it. Reactions were multitudinous. A lot of believers stopped by to encourage us, some walked by on the other side of the parking lot with eyes averted, some were interested, and some actually ended up in church. We also had some little things to give out to kids, and ( you'll scarcely believe this) treats for the bow-wows that had their people in tow. We had a CD player with praise music some of the time as well.
Old 06-05-10, 02:04 PM
Administrator

That still intrigues me. I would like to see Whole Word do something like that - or Caring Hands for that matter. Once a month seems even possible but Charles w/o AC I dunno - or maybe I do know.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 06-06-10, 04:51 PM
Administrator

We always took off June - August. It was just too too hot in the FL sun during those months.
Old 06-24-10, 10:56 PM

I went door to door with Woody at Church. One lady was older and she was afraid of me so she shut the door.

Another lady told us she was too busy raising her family to become a Christian.

I had a Jehovah's Witness come to my door. I just shook my head "no" and I wasn't going to open the door and he looked at me with anger. It isn't like I haven't talked to them before but now that I'm older, I have some different approaches to look at.

I talked to an angry man at work yesterday. I didn't see him today. He doesn't want to be a Christian or so he says because of how other people treat him.

I have a confused leader to deal with. She has five pages of proof texts for me to deal. She had several semesters to debate these verses and I have a few days to go through the. Sounds fair but I'm on it as I've written a lot of stuff on these sort of issues before. I told the pastor to see what he wants to do and he will look into it. Meanwhile, I'm still working on a response and trying to figure out what needs to be done and how to best approach the person and I'm a little person with very little power. I keep notes with me and I look to God's word to speak to me.
Old 06-24-10, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I talked to an angry man at work yesterday. I didn't see him today. He doesn't want to be a Christian or so he says because of how other people treat him.
Ghandi had a similar problem Jesus he respected but those who claimed to be Jesus followers made a very different impression on him. Sad isn't it. As you said in another post it takes the Holy Spirit and being willing to yield to His conviction.

Old 06-25-10, 01:30 AM

I can not count how many people talked to me or how many I rejected and ignored yet each played a part in bringing me to Christ. You may be doing that even for people who are reacting negatively.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com