ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 10-04-14, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Default Are you in danger from Ebola?

Now there are known Ebola cases not just in some far off place but in the US and the re is a possibility that other international travelers may bring the virus with them. Some people are panicking. Some are saying that it is somehow a government conspiracy. Some are saying it proves the end of time is near. Others are very casual and complacent. Let's look at the facts.

Natural facts first. Ebola is spread only through contact with blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person or animal who is sick with Ebola or an object contaminated with their blood or body fluids. Some researchers believe that bats specifically fruit bats are the original host. It is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food other than contaminated animals. Good sanitary precautions - much the same as would be used around AIDS or HIV offer protection against Ebola. These sanitary precautions are a good idea anywhere any time. They basically are the same precautions that we should all use to prevent colds, flu, or STDs. Taking these precautions is very possible in the US, EU, and other countries with similar resources if we make it a priority. Use soap and water and wash long enough to sing happy birthday through twice, use hand sanitizer regularly, keep hands out of mouth, nose and eyes, don't touch open wounds, blood, vomit, body secretions, urine or feces or things that have been contaminated with these things without fluid proof gloves, if any reason for extra concern use two pair of gloves.

Spiritual facts: God is our protector. Some see Ebola as a plague in the Biblical sense. That may be so we need to know what the Bible says about plagues. We also need to walk daily closer and closer to God and be hid in Him. He is our hiding place, our safety, our protector. That means not letting desire for a thrill, a "good feeling", anger, bitterness m decide our actions. Just as hand sanitizer cleans our bodies and protects from germs God's word is our spiritual germ protector and obedience to His word protects our spirit, soul, and body, Very specifically Psalm 91 is a very strong promise o0f protection "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. " It gets even more specific in verse 10 "There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." Read the whole psalm, Write it down writing helps us remember more than printing things out, and read it every time you are concerned. For me one of the most comforting verses is in Exodus when the plagues and pestilences came on Egypt because they were enslaving God's people and would not let them go. God took light away from Egypt and chapter 10 verse 23 says "They [the Egyptians] saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. " The Israelites were right there in the midst of it all and yet God gave them light, The punishment of Egypt did not touch them in fact in the end it gave them blessings.

We know that Jesus healed all disease and Matthew 5 specifically describes one ailment that He healed as a plague. We also know that Isaiah 53:5 and 1 Peter 2:24 say that we here and now are healed by the beating and affliction Jesus took for us. He bore our sicknesses as well as our sin and because of Him we can be free from both sin and sickness. We also know that Jesus sent his disciples out to heal diseases. Luke 9 about this and that they were very much able to do it. John 14:12 brings it right to us if we believe on Jesus we can do that too. "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. about this and that they were very much able to do it. " Jesus said that and Jesus never lied. There is a lot about healing and getting our bodies to line up with God's word that many of us do not know yet but we do know His word is true and real. Throughout the history of Christianity and even back through the history of Israel we see over and over that when things were hard and frightening God's people turned to Him with renewed purpose, miracles happened and God's people grew strong. Let's not wait for things to get any worse. Lets turn to Him today with our whole hearts and give Him freedom to demonstrate His love and power in us and through us.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 10-30-14, 07:55 PM
The Great Redneck Hope

Ebola is considered a Class IV biohazard by the CDC. This is all you really need to know about how serious Ebola is compared to how seriously our government is taking it:

Quote:
Biosafety level 4

This level is required for work with dangerous and exotic agents that pose a high individual risk of aerosol-transmitted laboratory infections, agents which cause severe to fatal disease in humans for which vaccines or other treatments are not available, such as Bolivian and Argentine hemorrhagic fevers, Marburg virus, Ebola virus, Lassa virus, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, and various other hemorrhagic diseases. This level is also used for work with agents such as smallpox that are considered dangerous enough to require the additional safety measures, regardless of vaccination availability. When dealing with biological hazards at this level the use of a positive pressure personnel suit, with a segregated air supply is mandatory. The entrance and exit of a level four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard. Multiple airlocks are employed and are electronically secured to prevent both doors from opening at the same time. All air and water service going to and coming from a biosafety level 4 (or P4) lab will undergo similar decontamination procedures to eliminate the possibility of an accidental release.

Agents with a close or identical antigenic relationship to biosafety level 4 agents are handled at this level until sufficient data are obtained either to confirm continued work at this level, or to work with them at a lower level.

Members of the laboratory staff have specific and thorough training in handling extremely hazardous infectious agents and they understand the primary and secondary containment functions of the standard and special practices, the containment equipment, and the laboratory design characteristics. They are supervised by qualified scientists who are trained and experienced in working with these agents. Access to the laboratory is strictly controlled by the laboratory director.

The facility is either in a separate building or in a controlled area within a building, which is completely isolated from all other areas of the building. A specific facility operations manual is prepared or adopted. Building protocols for preventing contamination often use negatively pressurized facilities, which, even if compromised, would severely inhibit an outbreak of aerosol pathogens.

Within work areas of the facility, all activities are confined to Class III biological safety cabinets, or Class II biological safety cabinets used with one-piece positive pressure personnel suits ventilated by a life support system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level

These requirements were written before the current political shenanigans began.
Old 10-30-14, 07:57 PM
The Great Redneck Hope

The plague is only a biohazard level 3. Just for reference.

And West Nile and SARS that this country went totally nuts over are both only level 3 biohazards...
Old 10-31-14, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Natural precautions are very important spiritual precautions are even more important. Unless we know we are going to be in the presence of an Ebola contamination few of us are going to wear pressure suits constantly. But we can and should constantly positively pressurized our minds, spirits, and bodies too with God's word. Positive pressure in simplest definition is that there is stronger flow (pressure) within than outside so what is outside cannot get in.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com

Last edited by Ann; 10-31-14 at 04:43 AM.

Tags
bible, ebola, god, healing, jesus, obedience, plague, protection