ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Old 08-15-14, 11:06 PM
Old Greybeard

Default Could Christ Have Sinned?

Hebrews 4:
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

1 John 3:
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 Peter 2:
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

Create in me a clean heart,
O God; and renew a right
spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet - No man is more deaf than he who will not hear
Old 08-16-14, 05:47 PM

Christ never ever sinned. He was born perfect but remember, became also human so that He can fill our hurts. And take the form of the Servant of God. Not be served BUT TO SERVE!

We were sinners and could not save ourselves. Christ had to do that. By God's orders and His Word. So that we can be saved through Christ and have salvation.

John 3:16-17!
Old 08-16-14, 10:50 PM
Old Greybeard

Amen!!!!

He was fully man with our weaknesses and frailties AND also God Who cannot sin, thus the "mystery of godliness, God manifest in the flesh".

1 Timothy 3:
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Create in me a clean heart,
O God; and renew a right
spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet - No man is more deaf than he who will not hear
Old 08-16-14, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Yes Jesus Christ could have sinned but He chose not to sin.

The Bible says several times that Jesus was tempted. Temptation is not real unless there is a possibility of yielding to or doing that which one is tempted to do. Hebrews 4:15 makes this clear saying Jesus was tempted in all points as we are. If it were a fake temptation (just play acting) that would not be true.
"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was \in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. " Hebrews 2:18 shows this also For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted. Succour here means help or provide aid to. We know that God created Humans with free will. Jesus while fully God was also fully human and therefore had the ability to sin.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-17-14, 02:56 PM
ILJ Addict

Christ never sinned, still doesn't, never will.
Old 08-17-14, 07:44 PM

He never did but if he had chosen to he could. Thank God He didn't

He was human so he had free will He chose to obey the Father day by day. Sin was not really in his nature as Rob showed in an answer to an earlier question. If He had sinned He could not have made atonement for our sin. His blood would not have been pure and an acceptable sacrifice for us to be forgiven.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-26-14, 12:36 AM
Cat with a sparkly crown!

Quote:
Could Christ Have Sinned?
Yes, He could have but chose perfect obedience. Thank you Jesus!

Isaiah 53:5