ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Old 08-26-14, 01:07 AM
Cat with a sparkly crown!

Default What does it mean to be "Rapture Ready"?

I see "signs of the times" everywhere.

The wickedness of our generation has surely exceeded that of Noah's. The Gospel is available 24/7 world wide.

I have to guard my heart so as to not become complacent and I want my heart to be joyfully expectant. But my heart feels like a stone within me. I am so drained all the time. I feel like one in Joshua's army the sixth time around Jericho on the seventh day... I know I have to keep going and be obedient to the Holy Spirit's direction. Yet I am so tired.

Come Quickly Lord Jesus!

Isaiah 53:5
Old 08-26-14, 01:21 AM

When Jesus comes back we need to have all our sins under His blood and us washed clean of the,. We do that by bringing them to Him the moment we know we have done wrong. We do not know when He is coming but we know He IS coming.

This is very close to what I preached Sunday,...not the rapture part but the being willing to deal with our sin on a day by day moment by moment basis recognizing it nit going o it's not so bad but agreeing with Jesus and asking His forgiveness and getting free.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-28-14, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Living for Jesus each moment of each day

Keeping our focus on Him not on trials not on thoughts of rapture or thoughts of trials but on Jesus so that whether He comes in the next moment or whether we individually or the church as a whole go through purifying fires (not hell's fire but life experiences) we will be stand strong in Christ and know that God is faithful and His timing is perfect
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 09-01-14, 12:09 AM
Cat with a sparkly crown!

Thank you Ann and Charles for your responses.

Isaiah 53:5
Old 09-01-14, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Thank you Strypes for a very good question.

From what I see in the Bible, in history, and in life now I believe there will be a time of refinement, or what some may call tribulation not necessary the "great tribulation" but hard times individually and corporately. I see Christians persecuted for being Christians at many times in history, in the middle east and parts of Africa today, and to a much lesser extent right here in GA. I believe that happens not because those suffering are missing God or failing to walk in faith but because of choices made personally, locally, nationally and internationally and because God uses these things as a refiner's fire. We hear a lot that God's people should expect not to go through any hard times just blessings, prosperity, and health. But are we US Christians any more favored of the Lord eternally or any more perfected than those in the middle ages who endured the inquisition or those little girls in Nigeria or the believers in Iraq? Therefore I believe we absolutely must know Him deeply and personally way beyond just seeing we need a Savior and walking to the front of a church group to say so and must know His word so well that when something happens our hearts and minds respond with the word and the assurance of the word. That doesn't mean becoming Bible scholars tho that is certainly not a bad thing but knowing the Author and having Him engrave His word in us. Writing and even tattoos can be removed but engraving lasts. God gave me the term "Bible Survival" to describe what we need to teach and do and be knowing He provides, knowing the pain in my hip does not mean He is not healer nor does it give me the right to be bitter about it or unforgiving towards the person who failed to make a safe place to walk through in a commercial location, learning to respond with forgiving love when Charles round over my foot with the power chair again but also learning to see the probability coming and get the foot to a safer place. More of us are crippled by bitterness and not forgiving than by physical injuries it seems. I believe God shows us how to prepare naturally and spiritually in His word and in speaking specifically to our hearts and minds and making us aware of the "signs of the times and seasons" Like preparing things ahead for a hard winter coming up.

There is a song based on 2Timothy 1:12 [URL="http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_xLYDbEgi4"] one of the stanzas says "I know not when my Lord may come at night or noonday fair or if we walk this vale with him or meet him in the air but I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him until that day." At a time when I was very troubled about these things God led someone to come sit down next to me and sing that and it has been an anchor for me ever since to focus on Jesus not what happens but on HIM.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com

Last edited by Ann; 09-01-14 at 12:56 PM.