PDA

View Full Version : Creed and P.O.D...these are two of my favourite bands... are they christian?

TheManOfTheKeys
09-16-02, 08:07 AM
Hey Everyone,

Just a question. Creed and P.O.D are two of my favourite bands. It has faced much contraversy over wether these bands are christian or not. I believe they are because i have heard they are and there songs are "Godly" and have a great christian moral if you get what i mean. Anyway, I'm just after some feedback.

Thanks...God Bless.

Orpheus42
09-16-02, 09:40 PM
Creed is definitely not Christian, as far as I know. The band members have repeatedly denied being a Christian band.

POD, as far as I know, is.

TheManOfTheKeys
09-17-02, 03:48 AM
Thanks for that. It is interesting to know. I never knew creed have denied being christian. Thanks.

Orpheus42
09-17-02, 03:13 PM
You're just going to accept what I tell you without questioning?

SoccerAaron
09-18-02, 06:49 PM
I've debated this so many times at another forum it's not even funny. (if you want the links to the threads PM)
Scott Stapp was a cristian but is not anymore. And they have denied being christian. But P.O.D is defintly christian!

CalledByGrace
09-18-02, 08:35 PM
About Creed. I started searching for info about them after you posted, and found this.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/teenguys/breakmag/features/a0020922.html

"[Itís] a question weíre asked a lot because of some of the references made in the lyrics," lead singer Scott Stapp explains on the groupís official Web site. "No, we are not a Christian band. A Christian band has an agenda to lead others to believe in their specific religious beliefs. We have no agenda!"

At age 9, Stapp thought about being a minister. But organized religion turned him off, so he tried to figure things out on his own. His search for truth led him into dangerous territory. Stapp left home at 17 and sold out to a life of rock music, marijuana and strip clubs, which he admits was "very self-destructive." He has since given up much of that rock star lifestyle. In fact, now the whole band says theyíre drug-free.

But heís still searching.

"I havenít come to any resolutions. Someone asked me if I was a Christian. I donít know. I still have a lot of questions that I wish I had answers for. Thatís why I donít tell anybody that Iím a Christian. . . . I canít sit here and tell you by the letter of the law whether I am a Christian or not." Thatís too bad. Especially since John 3:1-21 holds the key to his confusion.

:wah: That pretty much says it all. It's really sad that those guys have a lot of talent, that could be used for God.

I don't know a whole lot about P.O.D., but they are on WOW 2001. And their name stands for payable on death.

Bob121378
09-19-02, 02:48 PM
Creed is not a Christian band, check out their website at www.creed.com and go the the FAQ section and they address it there. POD however, is indeed a Christian band. Payab;e on Death stands for how you have lived your life and that you will reap what you sow and that is even in effect in the end of your life.

mellzers
09-25-02, 05:48 PM
I don't think either of the bands are Christian.

The lead singer from Creed has officially admitted that they aren't a Christian. He doesn't really know ~what~ he believes. There was an interview with them on VH1, which my sister taped and watched. I ended up watching part of it. He holds some views similar to Biblical guidelines, but some of his important views are WAY WAY WAY WAY off from the Bible.

As for POD, I don't think they are a Christian band either, although many claim they are. Some quotes from band members:

"Just because POD is a spiritual band doesn't mean we adhere to any one religion." Rolling Stone, December 14-21 2001, p 102.

When asked if they were a Christian band, one band member said, "We're not, but we do believe in Jesus." MovieLine interview, 1999. (See James 2:19).

POD plays at the OzFest, but they aren't being booed off the stage. Why? Because they DO NOT PROCLAIM JESUS. Think about what an opportunity they have, to be in front of thousands of unsaved teenagers at a Satanic-laced concert, and they don't witness. Shame, shame, shame.

They believe Rastafarians are Christians (though they are NOT) - Guitar World, November 2001, p. 57. They even had a Rastafarian Jesus as a backdrop for several of their concerts.

Sonny from POD claimed that Jesus was the "first rebel," (interview with ShoutWeb) although the Bible clearly states that rebellion is a sin (1 Samuel 15:23) and that Jesus Christ was obedient (Philippians 2:8).

Sonny, in an interview with Rolling Stone (March 30, 2000, p. 31) stated that he didn't want to criticize or say anything about Marilyn Manson. Marilyn Manson is the "head" of the Church of Satan! And yet Sonny felt that he should say nothing about that? Huh, that's odd.

Traa thinks it would be cool to go on the Howard Stern Show (if you don't know what that is, it is a filthy, sleazy show). Interview with ShoutWeb.

Traa, in an MTV interview, admits that the band doesn't go to church, and only picks up the Bible when they have the "time" to do it.

Marcos even went so far as to say that he "doesn't even like the term Christian" (Guitar Legends, no 37, p 28).

Sonny from POD said that he "doesn't even like saying that [he] is a Christian because it leaves such a bad taste in people's mouths" (Spin Mag, October 2001, p 88). Jesus said that the world would hate us, but apparantly the band member is more concerned about being politically correct than what JESUS wants.

POD has put songs on albums with obvious non-Christians, such as Marilyn Manson (Blair Witch 2). They were opening acts for Kid Rock (who mocks Christ in several of his songs and has a FILTHY mouth). POD even thanked Kid Rock.

In Circus Magazine (July 2002, p 22) Traa says "Of course we drink beer and we party. You donít believe how often we get that question. People seem to have the misconception that we spend all our time on our knees praying, but I can assure you, we donít. If thereís a party, we party!" Doesn't sound like such a great testimony!

Sonny admits in Revolver Magazine (March/April 2002, p 62) that he smoked a lot of weed in his teenage years. He doesn't regret it, though, because HE HAD FUN, and those were the best of times for him.

Let me tell you, I regret my sins, because it was for those sins that Jesus died!

Traa and Wuv are fond of cursing in interviews (Guitar World, Nov 2001, p54; Circus, July 2002, p22; Drum!, Sept-Oct. 2001, p 86; Drum!, Sept-Oct 2001, p87; Revolver, Nov/Dec 2001, p63; AP, Nov 2001, p59; Circus, July 2002, p22).

Wuv, in an MTV interview, said that it was cool if sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll inspired you to sing.

POD does not mention the name of Christ in their albums...

POD promotes and praises Satanic bands like Nine Inch Nails (look at their album art - they have crucified a monkey to mock Jesus), Santana (talks to the dead), and Incubus (mocks God) (MTV, 1999).

And yet, through all of this, people think they are a "Christian" band? Give me a break. Jesus said you shall know them by their fruit, and I think their fruit is pretty obvious. POD is NOT a Christian band.

For more info on POD, check out this link: http://av1611.org/crock/pod.html Be forewarned, there is some objectionable content on this site, but it just shows how far into the depths POD has gone.

Orpheus42
09-28-02, 07:13 PM
"Just because POD is a spiritual band doesn't mean we adhere to any one religion." Rolling Stone, December 14-21 2001, p 102.
I tend to say the same thing, because following Jesus Christ is not a religion. Taking a quote like this out of context can make the speaker look bad, but if it's out of context you have no grounds to know what they're really saying. Jesus didn't come to "start a new religion", he came to show us (and give us) the way to God by his life and ultimately through the cross and resurrection.

When asked if they were a Christian band, one band member said, "We're not, but we do believe in Jesus." MovieLine interview, 1999. (See James 2:19).
What is the problem with this? I consider U2 to be one of the most "Christian" bands ever, and one of the band members isn't even a Christian. Why do you have to be a self-proclaimed "Christian" musician in order to be a Christian who is a musician? Is it wrong for a musician to write about things other than just Jesus? It seems to me that if a songwriter only writes about Jesus, then he has a very simplistic picture of life. Myself, I write songs about how I see the world because of my regenerated mind and spirit because I rely on Christ as my savior. Songs like Alive and Youth of the Nation to me are excellent examples of this. And what in the world does James 2:19 have to do with this? Do you have to call yourself a Christian band in order to be doing the right works? If I get a job as a mailman do I have to go around promoting myself as a Christian mailman? If I was a teacher, should I only teach in Christian schools? If not, then why do we hold artists to that standard? It makes no sense to me.

POD plays at the OzFest, but they aren't being booed off the stage. Why? Because they DO NOT PROCLAIM JESUS. Think about what an opportunity they have, to be in front of thousands of unsaved teenagers at a Satanic-laced concert, and they don't witness. Shame, shame, shame.
I don't understand what the problem is with this. Let me elaborate: Bob Dylan converted to faith in Christ around 1980 (I'm not sure on the date). He then went and wrote an album of "Jesus rock". At his debut concert he urged concertgoers to "wake up" and "serve the Lord". This is not in itself a bad thing, but it was not received at all. The problem was not with Dylan, it was with the listeners- they didn't want to hear it. What kind of opportunity do you think they would have at a Satanic-laced concert to have any real impact if everything they said was "Jesus this" and "Jesus that"? But if you hear a song like "Youth of the Nation" it raises questions such as "why are the children this way?" If you hear "Alive" you might ask "what is it that makes you feel this way?" It opens up opportunities to truly witness for Christ in interpersonal relationships (which is really the only way to witness- very few people will come to Christ because they see someone on a stage shouting to them about Jesus when compared to those who come to Christ because they see Christians living a life of love and compassion directed towards other people). Not all of the Bible is specifically about salvation and Jesus. There is an awful lot about love and compassion and treating people as you would want to be treated. There's an old song that says "they'll know we are Christians by our love". Not "they'll know we are Christians because we shout Jesus at them and they laugh at us". When Jesus sent out his disciples in Matt. 10:16 he urged them to be "shrewd as snakes". Some (probably most) people will be more affected by Jesus in small doses, which can build a foundation for faith, than by someone screaming about Jesus in their face.

Shame, shame, shame on the street preacher who screams at drug dealers and prostitutes and tells them they're going to hell, hardening their hearts further, when he could be feeding the hungry and building relationships in which he could talk to them about Jesus.

They believe Rastafarians are Christians (though they are NOT) - Guitar World, November 2001, p. 57. They even had a Rastafarian Jesus as a backdrop for several of their concerts.
Discussing this fully would take much more time than I am willing to spend on the subject. The number of out-of-context quotes on the website to which you link makes it very disturbing to me that you are willing to accept what they say without checking into the issue further.

I can personally show that many tenets of what I consider to be wrong religions are indeed in coherence with scripture. I can see how the song "Get Up, Stand Up" could be associated with Jesus Christ in a very orthodox manner. And the quote from Sonny saying Rastafarians "believe in Jesus Christ just like we do" was out of context so I can't comment on it any further- but I can speculate as to how that comment could be meant in ways compatible with Christian beliefs. In a forum such as Guitar World Magazine, do you really expect band members to have much of an opportunity to preach?

Just one example from the "POD and Rastafarianism" section the website to which you link at the bottom of your post:

Itís not youíre going to burn in hell. Itís love and respect."
Marcos, P.O.D.
(Guitar Legends, No. 37, p.28)

"Weíre not passing out pamphlets that say Ďget your life straight or youíre gonna burn in hell.í The Bible says itís God love and kindness that leads people to repentance."
Sonny, P.O.D.
(Guitar World, Oct 2000, p. 78)
How is this anti-Biblical? I don't know anyone who is told "you're going to hell" who then puts on sackcloth and ashes and repents. The most common response is something along the lines of "I don't believe in hell, so why should I be afraid of you telling me that?" It does no good to preach to people about hell when they don't believe in it. But God's love and kindness DO lead people to repentance. To make the leap of saying this means the members of POD don't believe in hell is utterly ridiculous. To then use this comment to link them with Rastafari is a stretch bigger than what it would take for me (a short person) to slam dunk a basketball on a standard goal with my feet planted firmly on the ground.

Later, the web site calls Jah "the Rastafari name for God". It is also a transliteration of one of the Old Testament names for God. When you see "the LORD" in your English-translation Bible, that is translating the Hebrew YHWH, which literally transliterates into English as "Yahweh", which was latinized into "Jahveh" or "Jehovah". It was used by the Christians a LONG TIME before Rastafari even existed. To put it bluntly, the website you link is fallacy-filled at best.

Sonny from POD claimed that Jesus was the "first rebel," (interview with ShoutWeb) although the Bible clearly states that rebellion is a sin (1 Samuel 15:23) and that Jesus Christ was obedient (Philippians 2:8).
Yes, saying that the Pharisees were snakes and that he was the Messiah who was to SUFFER AND DIE (DEFINITELY not compatible with the Jewish messianic expectations of the 1st century) was definitely strictly in line with the religious establishment of the day. Jesus wouldn't have been viewed as being rebellious at all. That's why the Pharisees never tried to stone him, and didn't really have him executed for blasphemy (their charge) and political insurrection (the Roman charge). And I have a large chicken attached directly to my nose.

I really don't have any more time to spend on responding to you. Hopefully it will be evident that you have to look beyond what a website tells you to find truth.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

duckl11
09-29-02, 05:00 PM
<< When asked if they were a Christian band, one band member said, "We're not, but we do believe in Jesus." MovieLine interview, 1999. (See James 2:19). >>

This is my biggest peeve with people who pick on Christians in the secular music world. There is a difference between being a "Christian band" and a band of people who happen to follow Jesus. (Isn't this what the quote above says?!?) It is great for some bands to minister to the church, but not everyone has to. Christian contractors do not build houses only for Christians, nor do they carve crosses into all the walls! They just conduct business ethically and show that they love and respect people and have higher beliefs. There is nothing wrong with people just wanting to do their best musically and being an overall honest and ethical person.
I won't even get into everything else -- why spend so much time picking apart what they say only to interpert it in the way you want and not necessarily in the context it was meant.

Orpheus42
09-30-02, 10:29 PM
Duck-

You haven't perhaps read the book imagine by Steve Turner, published by InterVarsity Press, have you? It's one of my favorite books. The bit you posted about Christian contractors is almost a direct quote from that book.

Jason

duckl11
10-01-02, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus42
Duck-

You haven't perhaps read the book imagine by Steve Turner, published by InterVarsity Press, have you? It's one of my favorite books. The bit you posted about Christian contractors is almost a direct quote from that book.

Jason

It could be from that -- I got it from a friend who read it somewhere -- so it very well could be! How 'bout Roaring Lambs ... Highly recomend this book to anyone debating christians in the secular world!

SoccerAaron
10-01-02, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by mellzers

what?????????????
not from what I've heard.

Sonny says, "we were militant about our faith, really in people's faces. We used to say, 'I don't care if they kick us off the stage, I'm gonna tell them about Jesus!' But what good did that do? They never invited us back to the club. "Then God started to tell us, 'You don't have to fight for me. I fight for you. You just go out there and love them. Love them to me.'"...." Campus Life Interview
-------------
OK let's have a look at some of POD's lyrics;

"This I pledge and I'll take it my death, I'll lay my life down for you and die over again, I'm not ashamed of the Most High even if I die tonight"

or how about this;

"Christ, light within
Christ, beginning and the end
Christ, Witness
Christ, Living One
Christ, First and the Last"
My life, a sacrfice is made new through these confessions. Manifested, this joy is my desire. Light this fire to flames; praise the name, Jehovah Jirah: Is my provider, the truth that lives inside of this fighter
My thing is to lead you to the cross- because that is where the answers are. Whether you believe this or whether you believe that. Whether you think doing this is not about tattoosÖ you know? Whatever! I'm not here to fight no fights. I'm here to lead you to the cross. Because once you get to the cross and once you sit with the Son of God, once you sit with Christ Jesus then that's when you do the chat. That's when you do the work and that's when God explains things. You know, we never want to change you before we introduce you to Jesus. You know what I mean?
It's like dude, let's get to the cross and let's find out together. You know what I'm saying?

Let it be know that you heard it from here
When I'm on this microphone you know I make myself clear
With the power, with the love with the boldness
Look in my eyes and remember wo told you this
Payable on Death gonna hit ya hit-man
Talk all you want, I don't fear any man
Cuz ya frontin' ain't nothin but words to me
You never had the stuff and your butt ain't crazy enough
To handle, we come step to me
My King is He in the power of Three
So what you want you ain't down with us
You get so scared, so mad when I say the word Jesus
I ain't down, you preach too much
But if you ask me boy, I don't think I preach enough
I tell you God is real, so don't miss the boat
But since we come off hard, you say we shove it down your throats
You wanna talk that talk, walk that walk
I'm the only person you see, but it ain't me that you mock
Man is nothing, but you think that you're bad
Fool if it wasn't for my God, I would have already had you
Deny His name are you willing to admit it
And if so, are you willing to die for it
Cuz I am, He is my life and I don't fear death
Cuz he already paid the Price
All your talk and are your threats ain't jack blaspheme my God
Yo punk I'm not having that, turn away it's your own loss
Cuz all I can do is just take them to the cross
-----------------------
" Portrait"

You're not who they say you are
They made you the enemy
(CHRIST-Jah flesh; CHRIST-Light within; CHRIST- Beginning and the end)
Taken something so beautiful
Painted a new picture that makes me sick
(CHRIST-Witness; CHRIST-Living one; CHRIST-First and the last)
Feed our minds confusion
Sweeten the taste of pollution.
(CHRIST-Word life; CHRIST-Resurrect; CHRIST-Everlasting Jah)

chorus:
Some people call you father
Maybe you could set me free
These people hate each other
But you've always been there for me

I refuse to be like you
Without life, caving in
(CHRIST-Jah flesh; CHRIST-Light within; CHRIST- Beginning and the end)
I surrender, giving up all that is me
Yielding to you
(CHRIST-Witness; CHRIST-Living one; CHRIST-First and the last)
Shape me in my brokeness
Empower me forever
(CHRIST-Word life; CHRIST-Resurrect; CHRIST-Everlasting Jah)

chorus

I know you will complete this work started in me
I need you more than ever now that I know who you are
I know you will complete this work started in me
I need you more than ever now that I've come so far

Reign, most high
Almighty reign, most high
Almighty I, most high
What good is for a man to gain the whole would yet lose or forfeit his very self?
He must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, then I will be ashamed of him
When the time comes, in his glory, we will rise

Reign, most high
Almighty I, most high

I tell you the truth, some of you who are standing here will not taste death
Before they see Jah creaction come with his power
What can a man give in exchange for his own soul he can not save?

Reign, most high
Almighty I, most high

VoulezVous
10-04-02, 09:38 AM
ya know, mellzers. i wonder what YOUR life would look like on paper if everything you ever said was quoted?

SoccerAaron
10-04-02, 12:09 PM
yeah really

CalledByGrace
10-04-02, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by VoulezVous
ya know, mellzers. i wonder what YOUR life would look like on paper if everything you ever said was quoted?

Scary! That's a very thought prevoking statement.

Orpheus42
10-07-02, 04:22 PM
Let's not get personal in here, guys.

PEACE, LOVE, and JESUS CHRIST,

Jason (the moderator)

Laura
10-07-02, 04:30 PM
Some quotes can be taken WAY out of context... try to keep that in mind when you're reading one. What it means to you could be the last thing the person beside you is thinking. It's all a question of interpretation.

SoccerAaron
10-07-02, 04:42 PM
what side are you one?

Laura
10-07-02, 04:45 PM
Me? I don't take sides, especially in cases that aren't an arguement, or at least shouldn't be.

In my opinion, Creed is not a Christian band. That's been proven. And I think P.O.D. is. I don't think it's really fair to assume the worst because of something you read about them.

Orpheus42
10-08-02, 01:59 AM
Are you asking me? I'm on the side that does not advocate jumping on someone just because he posts something with which you do not agree. It should be fairly obvious from my post that I do not agree with the person.

And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-25).

Laura
10-08-02, 04:03 PM
Beautifully put, Jason. :)

Orpheus42
10-09-02, 12:55 AM
Oh, I didn't write the important part ;)

InvisaChick
10-09-02, 03:49 PM
I think POD pretty much has to be a Christian band, take the desifgn on theit first CD entitled "Snuff the Punk (which I take as relating to Satan , as the artwork suggest that)" It's an angel having Satan in a head lock. And the angel has the sing of the trinity tatooed on his arm.

Laura
10-09-02, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus42
Oh, I didn't write the important part ;)

:p

sign of the trinity

I may be wrong (it happens quite often these days ;)) but isn't a big symbol POD uses the trinity sign? A guy in my math course has it on his necklace, and I thought maybe he was Christian, but (sadly) he said it was just the sign of this band he liked, which turned out to be POD. So I had a nice little inward chuckle and told him what it ment to me.

Then he looked at me like I was a fruit and walked away... again, something that happens quite often these days. :p

Sny
10-11-02, 06:43 AM
Yes, the sign in the "O" is the symbol of the trinity. When I first saw it though, I seriously thought it was something off of a Led Zeppelin album. What makes this funnier is that I first saw it at a Christmas pageant at my church while I was still playing in the orchestra. I remember looking up and thinking, "Why do we have a light projector thing putting that Led Zeppelin-looking symbol on the ceiling of the church in front of thousands of people? I hope we're not playing 'Stairway' next."

Mitsy, how could people ever look at you like you're a fruit?:angel:

Laura
10-11-02, 03:59 PM
:rofl: K, you're a dork and a half. I think people know how I'm affiliated with you and that's why they look at me funny. :p

Or it might be the t-shirts you like so well... ;)

duckl11
10-14-02, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by SoccerAaron
The single greatest cause of
Atheism in the world today is
Christians who acknowledge Jesus
with their lips, but walk out the
door and deny him by their
lifestyle. That is what an
unbelieving world finds simply
unbelievable. -dc talk

Just thought I'd point out that that is a Brennan Manning quote borrowed to be spoken on the Jesus Freak album. Thought he deserves some credit for what has became known as a dc talk quote.
www.brennanmanning.com

CGC
10-19-02, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by mellzers
I don't think either of the bands are Christian.

The lead singer from Creed has officially admitted that they aren't a Christian. He doesn't really know ~what~ he believes. There was an interview with them on VH1, which my sister taped and watched. I ended up watching part of it. He holds some views similar to Biblical guidelines, but some of his important views are WAY WAY WAY WAY off from the Bible.

As for POD, I don't think they are a Christian band either, although many claim they are. Some quotes from band members:

Sonny, in an interview with Rolling Stone (March 30, 2000, p. 31) stated that he didn't want to criticize or say anything about Marilyn Manson. Marilyn Manson is the "head" of the Church of Satan! And yet Sonny felt that he should say nothing about that? Huh, that's odd.

Traa thinks it would be cool to go on the Howard Stern Show (if you don't know what that is, it is a filthy, sleazy show). Interview with ShoutWeb.

Traa, in an MTV interview, admits that the band doesn't go to church, and only picks up the Bible when they have the "time" to do it.

Marcos even went so far as to say that he "doesn't even like the term Christian" (Guitar Legends, no 37, p 28).

Sonny from POD said that he "doesn't even like saying that [he] is a Christian because it leaves such a bad taste in people's mouths" (Spin Mag, October 2001, p 88). Jesus said that the world would hate us, but apparantly the band member is more concerned about being politically correct than what JESUS wants.

POD has put songs on albums with obvious non-Christians, such as Marilyn Manson (Blair Witch 2). They were opening acts for Kid Rock (who mocks Christ in several of his songs and has a FILTHY mouth). POD even thanked Kid Rock.

In Circus Magazine (July 2002, p 22) Traa says "Of course we drink beer and we party. You donít believe how often we get that question. People seem to have the misconception that we spend all our time on our knees praying, but I can assure you, we donít. If thereís a party, we party!" Doesn't sound like such a great testimony!

Sonny admits in Revolver Magazine (March/April 2002, p 62) that he smoked a lot of weed in his teenage years. He doesn't regret it, though, because HE HAD FUN, and those were the best of times for him.

Let me tell you, I regret my sins, because it was for those sins that Jesus died!

Traa and Wuv are fond of cursing in interviews (Guitar World, Nov 2001, p54; Circus, July 2002, p22; Drum!, Sept-Oct. 2001, p 86; Drum!, Sept-Oct 2001, p87; Revolver, Nov/Dec 2001, p63; AP, Nov 2001, p59; Circus, July 2002, p22).

Wuv, in an MTV interview, said that it was cool if sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll inspired you to sing.

POD promotes and praises Satanic bands like Nine Inch Nails (look at their album art - they have crucified a monkey to mock Jesus), Santana (talks to the dead), and Incubus (mocks God) (MTV, 1999).

And yet, through all of this, people think they are a "Christian" band? Give me a break. Jesus said you shall know them by their fruit, and I think their fruit is pretty obvious. POD is NOT a Christian band.

For more info on POD, check out this link: http://av1611.org/crock/pod.html Be forewarned, there is some objectionable content on this site, but it just shows how far into the depths POD has gone.

Actually POD does mention Christ, Brown song Preach "We come step to me, my King is He & the Power for Three! So what you want you aint down with us. You get so scared & so mad when I say the word Jesus"

I have talked to all 4 traa, Sonny, Wuv, Marcos, I've prayed with them, those 4 are deffinatly on fire for God, I have some quotes for you to read from Cornerstone 2000, stuff that makes me cry with joy everytime I read it or see it. POD was one of the bands that got me into the Christian music scene and got me Onfire for God What I am about to post is from a paper I wrote my Sophomore year *I am a senior*

"It took me a long time to think of who had been an "Angel" in my life for I have had many, but the one who has stuck out in my mind. Who truely saved me from something I'm glad I'm not in at this moment is Sonny Sandoval from P.O.D. Now I think I know what most people would say "hes an artist how could he have been an "Angel" in your life." Well I have a story to back up why I choose Sonny. For the past 3 years I have gone to Cornerstone festival and you would think after being there your faith would grow right? Well the first year it was so new to me that I hardly did anything and then the 2nd year was a little better but it didn't really affect me like I wanted. I so wanted it to affect me like it was for everyone else. I just wasn't clicking, so this summer I went for my 3rd year thinkin " nothing is going to happen so why bother trying" Boy was I wrong, Prier to that year I had horrible things happen, my best friend, from my daycare when I was little, commited suicide, one of my friends moved away, one of my closest friends changed so dramatically that I couldn't even mix with her anymore, 2 close friends of the family died. It was a horrible year, I was in a state of depression where I didn't want to do anything where all I wanted to do was sit in my room and just think and cry. And by doing that I wasn't healing right, I was makeing myself feel worse about everything and anything. So in a way I was hopeing this years Cornerstone would be different, but in another way I felt like this wasn't gonna help at all I should just give up. But something was differen't about this year some real close friends of mine were going so to me I felt like it would be differen't. So I'm at Cornerstone and Friday night shows up the night I couldn't wait for, the night POD would perform on main stage. So I'm on the outer circle of the main mosh pit just jammin to the music and Sonny stops in the middle of Breathe Babylon. He tells everyone to take a step back, two kids had gotten seriously hurt in the pit, and were unconsious. The christians we were we all moved back, not knowing how serious it was. So for a good hour we sat in pure silence no one spoke or anything. Not even Sonny Marcos, Traa, or Wuv spoke. We could hear the paramedics telling them to move back. It was really upsetting. Soon people started to sing praise songs. as I'm looking around me people are just dropping to there knees praying to God to help these kids. Soon Sonny starts to speak. Telling us "He can talk the talk and hes on that stage to walk the walk, and he doesn't want to use Jesus to get our attention, he wants us to fall in love with God at the moment God is here and God is Praised, best moment if you open up your heart, he does somethin so cool, him and not POD, Jesus and not POD" "Looking up to Jesus, God is promised us so many good things, Heaven is a bonus that GOd has given us" "I'm nobody, I wana be known as a servant to God, I didn't come to entertain or perform for anybody, I came to worship God, Sing songs that praise God, Ozzfest full of satanism, POD came to drop a banner of Jesus Christ, when people see that they will know that there are 4 guys that don't care what the world thinks" Through his whole speech he just got me thinking, that everything that has happen this year, may have been horrible but God will always love me, always and forever, and that I wanted my life to be full of happieness, so at that moment I fell to my knees and let Jesus Christ into my heart, I wanted to serve Jesus always and forever I could talk the talk, now I am walking the walk. " Let God heal you, let God restore you, God is in control, once you know that, once you let God, just say hey its cool your in control, its all good, its all good right here, Let God restore you, if your careing a burden of a loved one let God restore you" Sonny knows that he has affected me the way he has, I told him. Hes my rolemodel. I know if I'm strugglin, and I look into POD's music I'm gonna get a positive message. and I thank them for that."

I don't know if you have ever read sonnys testimony but here it is

"..Wuv's cousin Sonny Sandoval found God in the parking lot outside the hospital where his mother was dyiing of cancer. "I had been in the hospital for a week, not taking showers or nothing. My whole family was in this room, and my mom was pretty much out of it, but her heart was still pumping. Every day for five days the doctor would say, 'Be ready she can go tonight'. By the end of the week he came in and said 'The reason why she wont give up is because of Mothers Heart. She doesn't want to leave her kids behind. Sandoval says pausing. "I remember the time my mom sat me down and said, 'when I die, I want to make sure you're going to be in heaven with me.' So when the doctor said that, I realized my mom was holding on because of me. I felt like it was all on my shoulder so my family said 'Get out of here for a little bit.' I went in the parking lot and started praying I was like ' Man, God you never answered a prayer of mine before. I don't know if I was praying right or what, but I do believe in you. I just don't know how to walk it. I believe in you 'cause I see my mom. Make it real to me, and take away those things in my heart that are bad' At that moment, I was doing it for her, to let her know that I'm okay. I said the sinner's prayer that I could remember, and went back in the room and whispered in her ear 'What are you still doing here? Go and be with Jesus' Later on that day she took her last breath."

a lot of bands now say they are not a christian band, most don't want that label why? beause in the secular world you will get trampled on, POD are Christians though and are saving people every day with Alive, Youth of the Nation all those bands, they are posotive and people respect them for that.

SoccerAaron
10-20-02, 08:35 PM
Rock on!

SoccerAaron
10-20-02, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by duckl11
Just thought I'd point out that that is a Brennan Manning quote borrowed to be spoken on the Jesus Freak album. Thought he deserves some credit for what has became known as a dc talk quote.
www.brennanmanning.com
changed

Orpheus42
10-31-02, 01:32 PM
*blinks*

Did Amber and I just agree on something?

;)

Jason