PDA

View Full Version : Favorite live band

dorfsmith
09-09-02, 08:57 PM
I am going to see the Residents next month and I was thinking about all the shows I've been to. Danielson was my favorite because of the complete wierdness of the show. They all dressed in nurse costumes and sang their crazy songs.

What bands have you seen and who was your favorite? I've seen Joy Electric, Starflyer 59, Modus Operandi, The Israelites, Supertones, Audio Adrenaline. Newsboys, Man Can't Live, The Kry, Crystal Lewis, Daryl mansfield, Peter Shambrook, Jennifer Knapp, Soul Junk, Third Day, 3 Days out, Terry Talbot, and a few other I can't think of now.

Orpheus42
09-10-02, 01:59 AM
Disciple (10 times), Third Day (4 times), Skillet, Bleach (twice), All Star United, Poor Old Lu, Ballydowse, busker kibbutznik, Madison Greene (twice), Psalters (twice), Vigilantes of Love (now Bill Mallonee and the Trophy Wives, and twice), Miranda Stone, Audio Adrenaline, BB King, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Tower of Power, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Project 86, Ghoti Hook, The Crossing, Aradhna, Mindset 7 (twice), Junker Jorg (twice), Five Iron Frenzy, The Choir, Ticklepenny Corner (twice), Pedro the Lion, Jennifer Knapp (3 times), Blue Sun (formerly Burlap to Cashmere), Bill Mallonee (solo), and others I can't remember.

Favorite.... hmmm.... live, probably Disciple or Third Day. Poor Old Lu, VoL, and Madison Greene are definitely up there on the list though. Tough choice.... Styx and REO was also a great show. Tower of Power, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and BB King rocked my world. Ok, I give up.

Not all Christian groups, in case you were wondering about a few of those ;)

coolhandluke
09-16-02, 06:42 PM
i'm not even going to begin to list the bands i've seen...but my favorite is probably Cool Hand Luke. Madison Greene is up there too...they're really great in concert.

-katie

Lindz
09-16-02, 06:55 PM
cool hand luke definatly and also me without you... they put on a good show

coolhandluke
09-16-02, 07:06 PM
mewithout you is so great in concert! i didn't even think about them. they're definitely up there pretty high on my list. i'm not that big on their music, and i've only seen them once, but they awed me.

-katie

dorfsmith
09-16-02, 07:22 PM
I just remembered a couple more bands I've seen: Stavesacre and Clash of Symbols. They both rock!!!

Orpheus42
09-16-02, 09:42 PM
I didn't care so much for Stavesacre (forgot I'd seen them) but Daniel's Window and Send the Beggar (the latter now defunct) were both great.

Jesusfreak15
10-15-02, 03:30 PM
my fav live bands are Third day, Audio Adrenaline, Dctalk, and Mercyme!! I havn't been to that many concerts before. But the ones i do go to are really awesome. i'm gonna see Third Day And Micheal W. Smith in November!! I can't wait!! :)

CGC
10-19-02, 03:24 PM
POD (10 times) Project 86 (8) Stavesacre, Blindside, Disciple, Pillar, Supertones, The W's, Third Day, Insyderz, Sixpence NOne the Richer, Gryp, Hosptial, Me without you, Zao, Rackets and Drapes, Saviour Machine, Wedding Party, Eva O, Relient K, Big Fat Jam, Embodyment, Five Iron Frenzy, John Reuben, Justfide, Thousand Foot Krutch, Spoken, EDL, Travail, East West, Kendal Payne, Superchic[k], Living Sacrafice, Still Breathing,Switchfoot, the list goest on and on I've been to Cornerstone Festival 5 times and been going to shows since I was 12 years old so I have seen numerous of shows.

My favorite would have to be POD, Project 86 Blindside, East West, Rackets and Drapes, and Saviour Machine

Nampula
10-27-02, 02:30 AM
madison greene is in a category alone, as that is by far the best show i've ever been too, both times.. psalters were pretty amazing too. i loved all star united because it was only a handful of people who knew who they were at the time.. & leo kottke was amazing. i haven't been to many bad shows.. just the one where squid was sick so pax217 had a sub drummer & he was terrible.

dorfsmith
10-27-02, 09:38 AM
Residents tonight!!!

10-27-02, 03:44 PM
By far the best live band I've ever seen is Metallica. They played an incredibly tight show and their songs sounded almost exactly like they do on their CD's. Yes, I realise this is not a Christian band... but how many Christian bands come play in Calgary, Canada... I'll tell you... pretty much none. Jars of Clay came once... they were pretty good, but not the best...

Laura
10-27-02, 08:42 PM
Radiohead.

Radiohead, Radiohead, Radiohead.

They're AMAZING live.

Kittycat
10-27-02, 08:53 PM
stupid question....whos radiohead?

Laura
10-28-02, 06:13 PM
:excuse: :eek: :stinkeye:

:crying:

Only the best Brit pop band EVER!

dorfsmith
10-28-02, 09:20 PM
The Residents are by far the greatest band I've seen live. If you don't know who they are check em out right now!!! They never show their faces and they usually wear eyeballs with tophats as a disguise. This time they were dressed in camouflage and wearing gas masks. I can not get over how cool it was!!!

bleached
10-29-02, 07:38 PM
well, ive only seen 5 rock bands in concert. Injected, Default, and Nickelback at the same show. Also, I saw Ingram Hill and Better than Ezra last week. All are pretty good in concert, but I had a better time at the IH and BTE show because was closer to the stage. And there was less people at that show to have get in the way.

Matt

pxuxnxk
11-04-02, 09:35 PM
i've seen:

deadsy
static-x
linkin park
staind
stone temple pilots
anti-flag (x2)
thrice (x2)
pipedown
virus nine
against all authority
mxpx
good charlotte
flogging molly
reel big fish
no use for a name
newfound glory
bad religion
social trend killers
my response
and a few others i don't remember...

anti-flag was the best, by far. the second time i saw them, tho, it was about 110 degrees in the mosh pit. i nearly had a heat stroke but i wouldn't have changed a second of it:D

*EDIT* forgot mighty mighty bosstones. saw them too.

Vera
11-06-02, 05:24 PM
Of all the Christian concerts I've been to, my favouritest has to be DOGWOOD!!! They are awesome!

I want to see POD and Superchick sometime before Jesus comes back. lol.

Laura
11-06-02, 07:45 PM
Saw OLP live, and though they're not a Christian band...

... My word. Were they ever good. :o

Chris B
11-08-02, 04:38 PM
I've seen lots of bands... for some reason I think my favorite show ever was The O.C. Supertones at Cornerstone '01. I don't know why.

I like Five Iron shows, and S.o.K. is my favorite local band to see (if you live near Denver go to http://sokmusic.com and check them out). And Dogwood, I liked the two Dogwood shows I've been to.

Orpheus42 said: Junker Jorg (twice)

Argh, I live in Denver and I've never seen them. They just can't seem to play at the right place at the right time. I blame it on Disciple and their silly tours. :mad:

I also really want to see Project 86. I almost saw them at Cornerstone, but they played about 3 songs before some girl had an asthma attack or something (I was at the top of the hill and didn't know what was happening), and the ambulence came... and that was the end. Then I fell asleep at the P.O.D. show and somebody fell off a golf cart and landed on my face. ouch.

pxuxnxk, have you (or anybody here) ever been to an instance of the Vans Warped Tour? It seems like a big travelling version of Cornerstone. Its not exclusively Christian, but Five Iron Frenzy and MxPx have both played it before so it sounds ok to me. I heard good things about Sugarcult and Flogging Molly after it was in Denver this year (from non-Christians, but I'd still like to see them).

I've never even heard of madison greene, but I'm going to go educate myself right now...

Laura
11-08-02, 06:47 PM
I know the question wasn't addressed to me, but I've been to the Warped Tour. I loved it. :) Although, if you're going looking for wholesome Christian entertainment, you'll probably be disappointed.

pxuxnxk
11-14-02, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Chris B

pxuxnxk, have you (or anybody here) ever been to an instance of the Vans Warped Tour? It seems like a big travelling version of Cornerstone. Its not exclusively Christian, but Five Iron Frenzy and MxPx have both played it before so it sounds ok to me. I heard good things about Sugarcult and Flogging Molly after it was in Denver this year (from non-Christians, but I'd still like to see them).
i saw warped tour this summer, in denver. three-hour drive down there and then an hour in traffic, but it was worth it:D WELL worth it. we missed most of the mxpx set but managed to catch about ten minutes of it. and flogging molly, me and the friend i went with were so tired that we couldn't stand up anymore so we went and collapsed in the grass with $4 slushies for a while. lol. that was the best and most expensive slushie i've ever had.

pxuxnxk
11-14-02, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Mitsukai
I know the question wasn't addressed to me, but I've been to the Warped Tour. I loved it. :) Although, if you're going looking for wholesome Christian entertainment, you'll probably be disappointed.
yeah, definitely. but oh, it was so much FUN!!! i left with my pockets packed full of merch (some autographed...:D) and a head full of memories... lol...

BrianDBuchanan
11-14-02, 07:24 PM
Salvador, I am a drummer so watching all the latin drummers jam and listening to Nick Gonzalez's awesome voice gave me chills. I saw them at the Ichthus Music Festival. If you get a chance, check them out!!