PDA

View Full Version : The Vines

dorfsmith
09-05-02, 11:50 AM
Rating A (A=buy this CD)

I just bought The Vines CD and it is one of the coolest CD's I've heard in a long time. I have had a really hard time with popular music the last few years but this CD gives me hope. I think we are going to see real rock and roll come back. I've been waiting for this day for a long time!!! The Vines remind me of three of my favorite CD's all mixed together: Daniel Amos-Mr Buchner's Dream, The 77's--A Golden Field Of Radioactive Crows and Starflyer 59-The Fashion Focus. I don't know how long this trend will last but with Ben Kweller, The Hives and The White Stripes putting out great music I think I may be buying more Top 40 CD's.

Michele
09-05-02, 02:16 PM
i really like the Vines too. the only thing is the lead singer is a little messed up....well ok maybe more than a little;) he smokes way too much marijuana in my opinion!;) it seems like the other band members are scared of him sometimes :eek:

the Hives are the greatest too! watching them perform isinsane! like he's always screaming, "America loves the Hives!" it cracks me up!

my favorite group right now is the Strokes. i love their music and their whole persona is so interesting:)

dorfsmith
09-05-02, 02:31 PM
Yeah, he sings "mary jane" over and over again. But they are so great. I am so glad that this music is becoming popular.

Cheri
09-06-02, 08:52 AM
Oh no. please tell me you are joking!! They dont sing.........they scream! I saw them and the hives *mick jagger wannabe* I dont know how you are but that aint rock and roll.

Michele
09-06-02, 11:19 AM
screaming is their appeal;) and they really dont scream ALL the time....;)

and the Hives are not mick jagger wannabes! the lead singer does look like him a little but they are very different otherwise:D:)

dorfsmith
09-06-02, 11:37 AM
The Stones are one of the worst bands in history. The Vines and The Hives are nothing like them. They do scream sometimes but they also do a lot of soft mellow singing. I would say that both bands are more like Nirvana meets the Beatles.

Cheri
09-06-02, 01:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :umm: :excuse:

Haahaa if you say so. Im sorry but I didnt mean to diss you.:angel:

Michele
09-06-02, 01:29 PM
you are ok.....dorf just takes his music seriously;):)

Blink
09-06-02, 05:21 PM
What's with all of these "The" bands? Starting to get old, though there aren't too many yet. The pop-y punk is getting to me.

dorfsmith
09-06-02, 10:11 PM
I didn't feel like you were trying to diss me. I do take my music seriously. Hope that doesn't bother anyone. :D As for "The" bands, there has always been bands that start with the. Take The Beatles, or The Rolling Stones, or The Monkeys, or The Mammas and The Pappas.

Cheri
09-07-02, 01:04 PM
Well good. At least we agree to disagree. And Im sorry MIchelle but when I saw The HIves the first thought that ran through my mind was Mick Jagger. Mind you I was there in the middle of their musical career. I remember when Mick was much younger. Not cute at all but much younger. :biggrin:

Michele
09-07-02, 01:34 PM
i can see how you would think that:D:)

Lindz
09-15-02, 03:06 PM
The Hives, The Vines and The Strokes are all incredible bands. and some people (like me) really like screaming. that is why stuff like zao appeals to me too. and trust me you haven't heard screaming until you've heard them.

Cheri
09-23-02, 08:06 AM
Uh thanks but no thanks. I dont like screaming.:p