PDA

View Full Version : Within Your Sight

Nicole
08-03-02, 04:25 PM
I wrote this last night - I very rarely write poetry - like I'm talking once or twice a year - but sometimes God just gives me the words and I put them on paper. I usually sing my poems as I'm writing them - but it's not really a song. I wrote this one as I was thinking about ..my life basically. All I've ever wanted to do was become a wife and mother. That's it. No dreams of becoming a doctor or a lawyer or president. Not even a nurse or a teacher. Wife and mother - my life's highest ambition. However, you can't exactly go to college and get a degree in this field. There's no guarantee of job placement. It involves a LOT of trust. And - many times I try to take control back from God - when I know that He has amazing plans for me. I just get worried that He forgot about it or something and He forgot that I don't want a "career" - I just want to be called mom and wife. A very special verse to me is "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms somewhere. I believe that as I draw near to God - my desires will become His desires. And, the closer I draw to God, these dreams only get stronger. So - that is my promise that one day - He will send me the man for me. And one day - He'll make me that wife and mother I've always longed to be. So - here's some of my thoughts that came from that last night :)

God, I know that you are there
And I know how much you care

But the path seems so dark
And I'm afraid I'll miss the mark

These dreams I hold so dear
Seem to get stronger as You draw near

I can't see the end
What lays around that next bend

But I know You hold my life
So I'll suffer through pain and strife

One day these dreams will come true
And all praise will belong to You

So if You'll just guide my feet
Direct my heart to match Your beat

One day I'll see that dawning light
And know my dreams were always within Your sight

~Nicole

chezanne
08-08-02, 09:59 AM
Good job, Nicole!

butterfly
08-08-02, 03:13 PM
Awww....that's beautiful Nicole! You talented girl you! :)

ServantOfMyLord
08-13-02, 11:49 PM
Nicole,

That poem is absolutely beautiful! I needed to hear that message. Thank you for allowing the Lord to work through you in such a way.

In His Service,

Sandy

<*}}}><`

Orpheus42
08-14-02, 04:05 PM
I dig! :cool:

CalledByGrace
08-14-02, 04:21 PM
That's awesome Nicole! :)