PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jason, here's an update.

VG8XP80
07-28-02, 10:48 PM
A few months ago you said you might want to get one of my cds once they could be ordered over the internet, and we've finally been able to get around to arranging that. So, you can now get one from http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rory if you are still interested. Incidentally, it has been submitted for consideration for a Dove award in the instrumental category, so it may well get a nomination. Also, my second cd should be out some time this fall. Just thought I'd let you know.

Orpheus42
07-29-02, 12:38 AM
Sweet! Thanks for letting me know, bro. That's great about the Dove consideration. I'll definitely order one soon.

In totally unrelated news, a band I play with had a gig last night at a local bookstore/coffeehouse and they asked me to do a solo show soon. I may try and record a few songs here in the next couple of months. I'll let y'all know what's going on :) I did a short set of solo stuff in the middle of the show for filler since the band didn't have enough stuff to fill 2 hours, they're both posted on here. One was "Name" and the other was the one I posted for which I haven't thought of a title yet. I'm about to post another one I just wrote today, man I'm a writing fool ;)

In other unrelated news, how's Reed doing? Haven't heard from him lately, but he usually can't get on much during the summer months so that's not unusual this time of year.

Good to hear from you, man!

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

crossrhythm
07-29-02, 07:40 PM
Somebody mention my name? Hey Jason, how's it going? I've been having a pretty good summer thus far. Our entire family went to Nashville for Fanfare, where we saw probably about 30 hours worth of concerts by pretty much everyone in country music. My brother and I also got to play a couple times at a club down on broadway, so now I can tell people I've played twice in Nashville during Fanfare, which sounds pretty impressive if you don't elaborate further. Other than that, things have been fairly uneventful. In august, however, our entire family band is going to get together to perform our first concert together since I was a sophomore in high school. It's for my grandpa's 80th birthday party, and we're probably going to play for several hours and play a few songs from every musical genre we know, which, according to the posters my mom has made up, is 7. So, that should be fun.

On saturday, my brother had me come down to play at this gathering of Christian Indians. I played bass, my brother switched between banjo and acoustic guitar, my dad played acoustic guitar, and we had a fiddler and keyboard player as well. We played some cowboy fiddle tunes, bluegrass, classic country, and western swing for about 3 hours. To say the least, 'twas fun.

My brother's back in the studio, and he probably won't be back for about 3 weeks or so, so I shall now attempt to relate to you some things he would probably inform you of if he were here. His second cd is going to contain 5 country songs and 5 Christian ones, 7 of which he cowrote. He's using only musicians from North or South Dakota, except for the steel guitarist, who we recorded while in Nashville. He's just released his first single to around 1500 radio stations, and it's currently at number 34 on the independent charts. Nobody that I know of has ever done a cd of half Christian and half secular before, so it should be interesting to see how it goes over. Perhaps this will give him a chance to spread the gospel to folks who wouldn't ordinarily buy a Christian cd or go to a Christian concert.

Btw, I looked at your songs. You've sure been writing a lot lately. I think my favorite is "The Beautiful." Keep it up! Well, I think that's about it. I'll probably be around on a pretty regular basis from now on. Talk to you later.