PDA

View Full Version : Mandy Moore

Ashwee
07-15-02, 01:10 AM
After seeing her movie... I have a lot of respect for this girl.

To me, she was just another teeny bopper wanna be Britney Spears... but now... I see alot more than that.

She has an AMAZING voice, but Id never heard it because of the songs on the radio arnt her best.

I heard her sing Only Hope, originally by Switchfoot.... man this girl can sing!!! And then I heard Cry... yup, I was hooked.

I now officially like Mandy Moore.

But, the minute she starts dressin bad, nope.

Shes modest usually too, and i like that.

CalledByGrace
07-15-02, 02:30 AM
I really haven't listened to her munch or anything. You can tell just by her whole appierence that she's not just a wanna be Britney. She has a much more wholesome look about her.

dorfsmith
07-15-02, 02:55 AM
I've known girls like her. They thrive on the idea that everyone thinks they are innocent. Underneath I see a Britney.

Nampula
07-15-02, 03:49 AM
that's pretty assuming of you, considering you don't know the girl personally. how do you know that she's like other girls you've known? how can you see a britney when the only exposure you've had to mandy moore has been what media allows you to see?

Lindz
07-15-02, 05:27 PM
amen linds.

i don't like the style of music mandy moore sings but she does have and incredible voice and A Walk to Remeber was great.

dorfsmith
07-15-02, 06:14 PM
How do you know she's a sweet girl when all you see is what the media wants you to see??? She's in hollywood how can she be a sweet girl. I respect your opinions though and I very well could be wrong. If she's the same sweet girl and hasn't posed for playboy in the next ten years I'll give you all a big apology.

Orpheus42
07-15-02, 07:13 PM
She's in hollywood how can she be a sweet girl
Are you assuming that no one in Hollywood has redeeming qualities and is not just a bloodsucker?

Remember what happens when you ASSume.

Nampula
07-15-02, 09:09 PM
haha, go jason!

ps dorfsmith, i never gave my opinion of her. but not all famous people are "tainted" by fame. you can't claim to know a thing about miss moore unless you know her personally, because any opinion anyone has of an artist (acting, musically, or otherwise) is more often than not based only on what you're allowed to see by his or her publicist.

Ashwee
07-16-02, 01:02 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Jason....

The thing about being hollywood and cant be nice...

Well yea, that was highly stereotypical and extremly judgemental.

Just because somebody sings or acts, and is VERY blessed, doesnt mean that they're going to be a snot.

PS-
She listens to Switchfoot.... total bonus points right there.

Ashwee
07-16-02, 01:05 AM
Also, im proud of how she did in a Walk To Remember,

Usually when "popstars" hit the bigscreen, ugh its a complete flop and the acting is awful... (Britney in Crossroads, though, I'll admit, she made me cry at one point, still it was too teenybopper, and the industry was just trying to collect on her fame IMO)

But no, she did a fabulous job, I think she should do acting now rather than singing, she has a great voice, but im in love with how she presents roles!

dorfsmith
07-16-02, 01:27 AM
Well, my friends we'll see about her. Are you ASSuming that she is a good girl because her agent is selling her as a good girl? I do believe you can be in hollywood and be a good person but I also believe that money and fame are much more powerful in those circles than morals. You mark my words about playboy.

dorfsmith
07-16-02, 01:29 AM
P.S. She did go up one notch in my book for listening to Switchfoot.

Ashwee
07-16-02, 01:35 AM
Yea, but I mean, You have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

If you just go through life with the expectation that people you dont know can just be putting on a show...

Well, IMO i wouldnt be as happy is it could be.

Nampula
07-16-02, 02:54 AM
instead of forming an opinion of her (good or bad, it's going to be a slanted point of view), why not just enjoy her music or acting style for what they are & not pass judgment on her character, to which you have no exposure?

dorfsmith
07-16-02, 04:08 AM
I personally don't like her music or acting style. That's why I'm giving her (and you people) such a hard time. But I think it's cool that she speaks to all of you and everybody else that likes her. I'm not trying to make anyone mad, I'm just telling you all how I feel about mandy. Name one person that's been in hollywood for over ten years that hasn't done something that most Christians would call questionable??? I stand by my belief that mandy is not going to be an exception.

Nampula
07-16-02, 04:39 AM
to be quite honest, i don't care for her music either. i think its shallow & manufactured. i also think its a style she enjoys singing (though i'm well-aware that she could be a complete sellout). frankly i think its ridiculous that you would attack someone & her fans simply because you don't like what she does artistically. furthermore, name one person, hollywood or elsewhere, who hasn't done something that Christianity would call into question. you act like sins by the rich & famous carry more weight.

dorfsmith
07-16-02, 11:43 AM
Not true. All sin is sin. But I do know that when you become the product of a company they call the shots and you really don't have much of a say in what you do. hollywood is a tough town and the pull of fame is hard once you've been exposed to it. Mandy is hollywood's attempt to make an alternative to the Britney type. They know that there is a much more conservative market and they want to tap it. Many girls who are marketed as sweet want to lose that image as they grow older (the girl who played Laura in Little House On The Prarie posed for playboy) Mandy is young fresh clay waiting to be molded by those who own her. How long will she stay an alternative to Britney? She might not be as blatantly in your face (I dont even know if she can dance) but she'll start slipping a mini skirt in her publicity shots soon enough. mandy has a lot of sex appeal and I believe hollywood is gonna tap that.

Ashwee
07-16-02, 02:11 PM
But why your thing on hollywood, how every single star is bad, and they all lead this heathen type life...

when millions of people who arnt in hollywood do everyday too....

Orpheus42
07-16-02, 03:00 PM
I assume nothing (in this case, such is not always the case- that's what I get for not being perfect). And as far as the rest, well we'll just have to see. Don't forget, though, everyone makes mistakes. Someone could pose for Playboy and then later realize it was a dumb thing to do.

I don't care much for her songs either, but I don't see that as a reason to go off on people who do. If it speaks to someone's heart, then who am I to judge that? You should hear some of the ethnic music I've studied.... man there's some wierd stuff out there. But it speaks to their hearts.

Originally posted by dorfsmith
Well, my friends we'll see about her. Are you ASSuming that she is a good girl because her agent is selling her as a good girl? I do believe you can be in hollywood and be a good person but I also believe that money and fame are much more powerful in those circles than morals. You mark my words about playboy.

Nampula
07-16-02, 06:48 PM
Mandy is hollywood's attempt to make an alternative to the Britney type.

how do you know this? how do you know that mandy wasn't dressing exactly the same before she became a pop star? how can you say that hollywood made her, when its just as likely that they found her.

Many girls who are marketed as sweet want to lose that image as they grow older (the girl who played Laura in Little House On The Prarie posed for playboy)

how unfair you are! so a pop star who has absolutely nothing to do with the girl who played laura has to suffer for those mistakes simply because she's described as "innocent"? i'm well-aware of the fact that i now nothing of who mandy moore is, but i'm pretty sure that if she wanted to lose her "good girl" image, it'd be easy for her to do now.. after all, look at the people you compare her to: britney spears, jessica simpson (you didn't mention her, but its the same deal).

She might not be as blatantly in your face (I dont even know if she can dance) but she'll start slipping a mini skirt in her publicity shots soon enough. mandy has a lot of sex appeal and I believe hollywood is gonna tap that.

i'm sure we'll all be eating crow if that happens, but until then, its rather arrogant & unloving of you to boldly proclaim that it will happen, without even suggesting that you could be wrong. the few times that you have mentioned that possiblity, it's been casual & obligatory.

people are individuals, & stereotypes & assumptions are defied left & right every day-- even in a town like hollywood. i'm not saying that i think you should "have faith" & expect mandy moore to remain innocent & pure.. i'm just saying you'd probably do well to be a little more open-minded & less accusatory towards someone who has yet to do anything wrong.

Ashwee
07-16-02, 07:33 PM
Exactly!

Im sorry but you've been downright harsh and seemingly judgemental against her.

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 01:27 AM
The Christian media hype surrounding Mandy is what bothers me most. They say how terrible Britney is but if mandy were to go out and do the same thing they would offer her all the grace and forgiveness she needs. Mandy won't lose her good girl image until the people who own her say she can. History repeats itself and without exception every woman in hollywood has lost their good girl image. I guess based on that it's safe to say that I might be right. on the other hand YES!!! (not casual or obligatory) She might be an exception and if she is I'll come back to this board in 25 years and say WOW! You were right the times they are a changin'.

P.S. I love ethnic music. I love anything that is original and not manufactured by some old guy in a suite who asks what will the kids buy this year???

Ashwee
07-17-02, 01:34 AM
The Christian media hype surrounding Mandy is what bothers me most. They say how terrible Britney is but if mandy were to go out and do the same thing they would offer her all the grace and forgiveness she needs.

Im sorry, you lost me, but just what the world are you talking about????

Christian media hype favoring Mandy??? When did this happen, its news to me...

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 01:48 AM
Our biggest "Christian" leaders are all giving a big thumbs up to mandy and a walk to remember. Here is a partial list: The Christian Times (Southern California), Dr. James Dobson and Focus On The Family, TBN, The 700 club, and many talk show hosts on Christian radio stations including KBRT (Kbright).

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 01:49 AM
P.S. Name one other Christian (besides me) that doesn't like mandy?

Ashwee
07-17-02, 01:55 AM
fOne of the reasons they're probably giving her a big thumbs up is because she played a Christian in the movie. Ever think of that?

If Britney were to play one in a movie then Im sure shed be credited too, but in Crossroads, did she play a Christian? Not to my knowledge... she ran around half naked half the time too.

I know alot of people who dont like Mandy. And yes, they're Christians.

Just a question.. why do you stereotype so much?

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 03:04 AM
With the exception of stereotyping mandy as clay in the hands of hollywood, who else have I stereotyped??? The Christian media? Without exception all I've heard is praise for mandy. I'm glad that there are other Christians out there that don't love mandy.

Also, britney is hated by the christian media. Do I need to show you proof. Most of the Christian magazines I read pretty much hate her. Talk about judgemental, most of you that have responded to this discusion have in some way put down britney. In fact you stereotype Jesica Simpson as pretty much the same thing. What about individuals??? I don't like any of their "art" and I have my reasons. But you know what, I would love to go out and have dinner with them and find out who they really are. I am not mad at mandy or anybody. I am mad at hollywood and how they take away the true person and make a persona that is someone they think will make them money. Like it or not, hollywood owns it's people. They market them and use them and when they are done they destroy them.

Nampula
07-17-02, 01:43 PM
did it ever occur to you that the reason Christian media dislikes britney spears is that, while claiming to be a devoted Baptist, she swears on her album, dresses like a harlot, & dances like her partner should be a pole? in her movie, she played a "regular girl," who was only singled out for her musical talent (note: i want it known that i have seen neither movie. i'm going on how they were described to me). along those same lines, from what i've seen, mandy moore dresses rather conservatively & her character was singled out as a Christian. i can't comment on her dancing style because i've never seen it.

i chose jessica simpson because she's of the same musical genre & is also lauded as a "Chrisitan" pop star. however, if you'll note, she doesn't look so pure on the cover of her album "irresistable." if i recall correctly, she's wearing a sheer blouse.

They say how terrible Britney is but if mandy were to go out and do the same thing they would offer her all the grace and forgiveness she needs.

if mandy did the same thing, she'd get the same flack that britney gets. britney is criticized for what she does because she still claims to be a good Christian girl, yet turns around & wears a midriff top & no bra to a children's television awards show.

P.S. I love ethnic music. I love anything that is original and not manufactured by some old guy in a suite who asks what will the kids buy this year???

so do i. no offense, but what does that have to do with anything?

(ps i'm a Christian & i don't like mandy. that is, mandy the musician. i don't care for her music. i still maintain that it's stupid to pass judgment on someone you can't possibly know).

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 02:13 PM
The ethnic music reference was to Orpheus42's earlier post on the subject of mandy. There's a lot here so ya may have missed it. a good post though.

If mandy became a britney the church would forgive her just like they did amy grant. I forgive her too but what I don't like about popular christianity is how they pick and choose who they want to offer grace too. Bill Clinton evil--Robert Tilton good. difference-none except Tilton was one of theirs. (by the way I don't like clinton just an example).

Why doesn't anyone here respond to my comments that hollywood owns mandy? Do you agree or disagree? Here's a challenge--go to hollywood and be freelance. Good Luck. You might find a place in the underground. There are exceptions and I must say that I truely respect Tom Cruise for doing Vanilla Sky and Drew Barrymore for doing Donnie Darko. Both of these films were risky to their respective careers. But how many stars in hollywood can actually take a risk??? What agent would allow them? The music industry is the same way and that's why we have so much crapy music. All the good quality art is in the underground on independant labels because true artists won't sell out to the mainstream idea of what is good. True artists are rebels and do the art they love--not what they are told the people want. The big name hollywood stars are owned and when they reach the next step of owning people they are owned by their money and fame. The Bible talks a lot about the dangers of money and fame. Hollywood is a prime example. Can you be a Christian in hollywood??? YES!!! but watch out no man can serve two masters and if God owns you and hollywood owns you you must choose your master.

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 02:28 PM
Oh no, I've got you now! Go to mandymoore.com and look at the pictures. Well, if that's not enough go to (I think it's the rumor section) where mandy responds to rumors and says she'd like to do an episode of the Osborns. Yikes mandy and ozzy! well check it out and let me know what you think. Peace

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 04:57 PM
P.P.S. Ashwee, you dance and bellydance so why are you so against britney? I guess we both do agree that there is nothing wrong with dance.

Ashwee
07-17-02, 05:40 PM
Dorf... I dont bellydance, but its an interest of mine and Im thinking about taking classes.

Bellydancing isnt the hoochie-dance that its played up to be.

Have you ever seen bellydancing? Its beautiful.

Yes, your stomach shows.... but your dancing doesnt mimick sex, like Britney does in her videos and on stage.

You dont go prancing out on stage in a tuxedo, dance around a little bit, then stip it off to a tiny lil top, and see-through pants and a thong that shows...

no... you're rather modest with the exception of the fact that your stomach shows. But see-through pants and showing thongs? No.

Also, the way I dance like with my friends... No no, thats not at all near how her and her dancers dance. I dont rub up against guys, nor put my hands all over me while doin it, in case you havent noticed... thats wrong. And to me its just plain disgusting...

Nampula:
Ive been both Crossroads and A Walk To Remember... trust me, the differences are highly noticeable.

Crossroads:
Opening scene is of Britney dancing around in her room in her bra and panties.
A few scenes later, shes about to have sex with her best friend, but ends up backing out because he's not the right one.
Her friends go across the country on this little road trip, and they go to a club, and end up singing- I love Rock and Roll... shes wearing a torn shirt, and a tiny lil skirt.
Later on in the movie, she does end up sleeping with a guy... one that shes known for less than week. :rolleyes:

A Walk To Remember:
Mandy wears dresses and a sweater thought the whole movie (though at the end you'll see in jeans, but still a sweater.)
She doesnt sleep with any guy in the movie, the most she does is kiss Shane West, and at that, its no huge makeout fest.
The only dancing in the movie is when they're out to dinner and up on her porch... they're slow dancing.

Also, I can see why A Walk To Remember is promoted by the Christian community:

It doesnt put down Christianity, and Mandy talks about God throughout the whole thing. Shes seen carrying a Bible, her father is a minister, She sings in the church choir... she even talks to her boyfriend about- "how can he not believe when he looks at something so beautiful? She looks at the stars and all she sees is God".

Dorf... i just dont get your way of thinking to put it bluntly.
Youre saying youre not being judgemental, but sorry to me thats all you come across as being as... You say you're just waiting for her to pose for Playboy, you just know that shes going to end up doing it one of these days too... mark your words.

I can see where you're coming from a little bit, because theres so many people that let Hollywood get the better of them.

But cant you give people the benefit of the doubt? Just because they're in Hollywood they're no different from us. They still sin, and some of the most unknown people do more than some of the most publicised. So it doesnt really matter whether you're famous or not...

Kittycat
07-17-02, 06:01 PM
Dorf-

I am a Christian that does not like Mandy. or Britney for that matter.

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 06:08 PM
I went to see turkish bellydancing several times and although it was only their stomach's showing I found it to be way more beautiful and sexual than britney spears. I was in awe. I think it is the coolest dance in the world. My girlfriend wants to try it as a way to exercise.

Did you go to the mandy moore website yet? Find the picture where her dress is so low cut it almost looks like it could be from a Kylie Minogue video. do you think that's ok? I guess I don't have a problem with it but a lot of britney haters do. Also, what did you think of her saying she'd like to be on the Osborns???

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 06:10 PM
Hi kitty_cat05. I'm glad I'm not alone. what do you think about all this discussion?

Ashwee
07-17-02, 06:11 PM
I havent been yet... could you link me directly to the pic?

I dont really know about the osbornes thing... She can do what she wants to do, but I wouldnt want to do it personally.

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 06:17 PM
I feel a little stupid here, but how do I link you to the pic???

Nampula
07-17-02, 06:20 PM
i went & looked, & i will say that her clothing is quite racy & not exactly something i'd want to represent Christ.

you can't link the picture because her website is flash based... but she's wearing a dress that shows quite a bit of her breastbone...

as for her osbournes comment.. now i think you're just grasping at straws. when asked if she'd be on the show she replied: IF THEY DO ANOTHER SEASON...PERHAPS. WHO KNOWS?

that's not exactly saying she's all giddy to do it, dorfsmith. it's saying maybe, at best.

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 06:30 PM
I never said she was giddy to do it I just thought it was well, odd. I mean I don't think I'm grasping at straws when I say she's open to doing it. Have you ever watched that show? Here's a transcript @#&* *@#*#@ Ozzy *&@ @#$%* Dude *&!#@ Drugs #@$! Toilet *&*&^#$@. Something like that. I love the music of Ozzy and Black Sabbath but wow, he's lost it!!!
Would you want to be on that show? I'm a guy but I'd go naked in playboy before I went on that show(Kidding!) but seriously, how could Pat Boone say he was a model parent.

I know I got off the subject but mandy and the oz man makes me want to burst out laughing.

Nampula
07-17-02, 06:35 PM
actually i'm a fan of the osbournes. i don't exactly think that i'd want my family to be modeled after them, but i find it quite amusing.

as for mandy being on the show.. you said:

Also, what did you think of her saying she'd like to be on the Osborns???

whereas all she said was perhaps she'd go on the show if invited.

also, if it isn't too much trouble, could you show me what jason (orpheus42) said about ethnic music? i believe you that he said it(he's always talking about madison greene or iona :p ), but when typing a message, i can only see the posts from the current page.

Kittycat
07-17-02, 06:39 PM
Hi kitty_cat05. I'm glad I'm not alone. what do you think about all this discussion?

What do I think about it, you ask.
quite fasicanting on how ppl view the same person, in different ways. Mandy I dont care for but put her next to Spears and there is no comparison. I dont care for Ozzy either. I dont care for a lot of pop singers, in fact most pop bubblegum music I do not like at all, and to me Mandy and Spears both fall into that catagory.

dorfsmith
07-17-02, 07:14 PM
Ok , here's orpheus42's quote "I don't care much for her songs either but I don't see a reason to go off on people who do. If it speaks to someone's heart than who am I to judge that. You should hear some of the ethnic music I've studied...man their's some wierd stuff out there but it speaks to their hearts".

Here's a stupid question, but how do you guys post those quotes???

I'm surprised to hear that you are a fan of the osbourns. I will admit that my stereotype of Christians who think britney evil would also think ozzy evil is wrong in this case. It's funny that in the seventies, eighties, and even the last decade people hated ozzy and called him a satanist. Now he's on the cover of every magazine. How cool is that? I'm assuming (again) that you are like me and don't think swearing is as bad as it's made out to be. I believe it's the attitude that counts and God hates "christian" swear words as much as the real thing.

If ozzy is ok to you, what exactly is it that makes you dislike britney? For me it's the fact that she threw her brain out for a few years of fame. I personally don't mind what she wears. People blame her for what their kids wear and for how they act but I think it's the parents fault for letting the kids do it.

Kittycat
07-17-02, 07:20 PM
Here's a stupid question, but how do you guys post those quotes???

under everyones post there is a button that says quote (right hand side next to edit). click on it.

Nampula
07-18-02, 12:33 AM
(you do quotes by clicking the "quote" icon under the post you're interested in :) )

I'm surprised to hear that you are a fan of the osbourns.

really? hmm... i think ozzy's incoherant babble is a riot.. i'm a rather "worldly" Christian, & i don't mean that in a bad way. i listen to secular music, i have friends who are atheist.. & i see nothing wrong with any of these practices & i won't find them sinful until i find that they are hindering my Walk. that has yet to happen, so i can continue to find humor in the osbournes.

If ozzy is ok to you, what exactly is it that makes you dislike britney? For me it's the fact that she threw her brain out for a few years of fame. I personally don't mind what she wears. People blame her for what their kids wear and for how they act but I think it's the parents fault for letting the kids do it.

i never said that i disliked britney. i don't like what she does because, unlike ozzy (who, obviously, has no claims of Christianity), she maintains that she's this upright citizen, God-fearing girl & then turns around & flaunts her body like it's nobody's business.

Ashwee
07-18-02, 12:37 AM
The thing that gets me most about Britney, is how she says she never wanted to be a role model for little Children, and how its not her fault if they want to dress sexy when they're 7. (When shes asked about kids who dress sexy and she gets blamed for it)

But, when asked about what its like to have so many girls looking up to her...

She becomes flattered.

:rolleyes:

Oh, a quote by her I found to be a hoot...

I like going lots of overseas places, like Canada.

dorfsmith
07-18-02, 02:31 AM
That quote is hilarious. She's crazy.

Nampula, I totally agree with you about secular music and atheist friends. I am right there with you. I don't believe that being "in the world and not of it" means staying away from the world. If that were the case how could we reach them for Christ?

Back to britney, she has accomplished one amazing thing: The ability to apeal to little girls and old men. I hardly meet anyone else who cares for her. But like I said, we can't blame her for what little girls wear--we have to blame the parents.

Ashwee
07-18-02, 02:33 AM
I blame both... lol.

The parents for not coverin their kids up with a blanket,

and Her for knowing how much on influence she is and not covering up every once in a while.

dorfsmith
07-18-02, 02:43 AM
You are right but I guess what I don't like is how nobody wants to take personal responsibility for their kids (and their own) actions. They blame blink 182 for a kid comitting suicide, britney for what their kids wear, and marilyn manson for everything else.

Nampula
07-21-02, 04:23 AM
ha, dorfsmith, we are in agreement. personal accountability all the way.

Orpheus42
07-22-02, 01:46 PM
I think I'll write a song and call it Weezer Made Me Kill My Parents... ;)

Ashwee
07-22-02, 07:57 PM
:rofl:

Nampula
07-23-02, 02:21 AM
:eek:

wait until august, cause i'm going to see =w= at the end of this month :rofl:

duckl11
08-13-02, 04:41 PM
I have nothing but respect for mandy moore. I am not a huge fan of teeny-bop pop, but I know that it is what sells and I have no problem with people singing it. I also happen to know that Mandy has a fantastic voice and does not like that people figure that she does not, simply because she sings pop. This teenage girl with an amazing talent is out doing what she loves and sacraficing a "normal" life for it, while at the same time being chided by millions who think they can see more from their pious seats thousands of miles away. Everyone here needs to watch MTV's Diary of Mandy Moore. She is the cutest thing! She jokes around with her mom. She admits that she has insecurities about her looks and notoriety, but that she loves to perform. She was embarissed to pose with male models in a shoot because she has a boyfriend and was also intimidated by cute boys! Sure, at time she may apear moody or aggravated -- BUT WHO DOESN'T HAVE THEIR MOMENTS!!!! (Especially after working in bad shoes for 10 hours and never sleeping in the same bed twice in a row!!) I know I do! I'm sure you do! I see nothing wrong with her low-cut photo shoot dress. I think she looks beautiful -- and she is well covered where it matters. If she did her photo shoot in her Walk To Rember clothes -- yeah would that sell anything? (Please remember that music is a business and that there is nothing wrong with the fact that it is.) Christians often want everyone out there to be blatantly in-your-face Christian. Not everyone is. She doesn't have to sell herself as a Christian to be a good example -- and from what I have seen -- a good person (even if not perfect.) Isn't the best way to reach people to be out there in the middle of everything standing your ground in a decent way? If we tell all decent people to avoid Hollywood -- then who will change it? I say -- all of you -- get out there in the middle of it! I'll be out there in school this spring and I'm ready for it all. I'm not worried about being corrupted -- I've got good friends and family -- and so does Mandy -- she has people watching out for her so that we don't have to sit here and judge and decide what mistakes she has or will make -- they are her personal decisions and life and, ultimately, however she ends up living it is between her, her family and God -- and I think she is doing pretty well so far. Nothing but respect.

PS -- I also find Osbournes hillarious!! I don't use their words or lifestyle as my own, but it is a wildly entertaining show if you can tune some stuff out! Plus -- I think anyone would want the chance to be on with Ozzy! He's a legend! And it is MTV's highest rated show. They're not asking her to go on and cuss him out or light up with the kids -- the subject just came up and someone with no deciding power just wanted to know if she would ever consider a walk on. On the spot like that a "maybe" is a good answer -- it closes no doors while making no commitments, and it makes no enemies (except maybe with you guys.)

Remove the log before pointing out the speck

dorfsmith
08-13-02, 07:58 PM
I dont think that there is anything wrong with what Mandy wears. I think she's hot. What I don't like is that people think she's so sweet and innocent. I don't believe that you can be sweet and innocent in hollywood. No beam in my eye, I'm sure not sweet and innocent.

As for the osbournes I think Ozzy fried his brain and the show kind o0f sucks. That said I have Every Black Sabbath CD and every OZZY CD.

Ashwee
08-14-02, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by duckl11
And it is MTV's highest rated show.

Eh... considering the other shows on MTV... its no suprise.

Sorry, Im not a fan of MTV at all.

dorfsmith
08-14-02, 01:21 AM
My girlfriend and I watched MTV's Undressed the other night. She didn't like all the naked girls kissing each other in the shower. I really don't blame her. I think it's safe to say that that show does not promote traditional Christian values.