PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 lamest and why.

dorfsmith
07-03-02, 07:53 PM
What are the top ten lamest Christian bands or artists and why. Here's my list. 1.Carmen (Too much hype too little substance) 2. Amy Grant (oops, the Christians might know those baby baby songs were not about Gary. Hey! I'll put out a worship album to distract them.) 3. 4 Him ("I never dreamed that I could be holding you, it's making my dreams come true???) 4.Degarmo and Key (Convertibles??????) 5. Audio Adrenaline (Big House? I think they might have insulted God's intelligence on that one.) 6.Bryan Duncan (OUCH!) 7. Geoff Moore And The Distance (The words are getting lamer!) 8. First Call (What can I say?) 9. Steven Curtis Chapman (He used to do great music until The Great Adventure CD. What Happened???) 10. Al Denson (Lame in a big, BIG way.) Am I being too harsh? Let me know what you think.

Nampula
07-04-02, 01:34 AM
i do think you're being rather harsh, but i think everything you said is a matter of opinion so i won't critize you for it.. however, it'd probably make more sense for you to focus on the artists you do like instead of knocking ones who don't meet your standard of "good" Christian artists. not to mention that, while i agree they're a bit fluffy, you named some of the biggest musicians in the industry, so obviously someone doesn't think they're lame.

dorfsmith
07-04-02, 12:31 PM
True, Check out my ten greatest post.

Vinnie
07-07-02, 12:13 AM
Whats wrong with big house? I think at creation fest like 70,000 people were singing that :p

dorfsmith
07-07-02, 02:43 AM
I guess what really bothers me about Big House is that several churches I've attended have used it as a worship song. I'm sorry, but i can't worship to that. Rich Mullins and Third Day get me in a spiritual state of mind. Audio Adrenaline (big house) is to shallow. I think that God is so much more deeper than that. I think we often forget how holy and awesome God is and we tend to trivialize God and heaven and Christianity into a fun game.

Sny
07-07-02, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie
Whats wrong with big house? I think at creation fest like 70,000 people were singing that :p

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ashwee
07-07-02, 06:13 PM
ZoeGirl.

Too Britney-wannabeish, and no soul in their music.

Nampula
07-08-02, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I guess what really bothers me about Big House is that several churches I've attended have used it as a worship song. I'm sorry, but i can't worship to that. Rich Mullins and Third Day get me in a spiritual state of mind. Audio Adrenaline (big house) is to shallow. I think that God is so much more deeper than that. I think we often forget how holy and awesome God is and we tend to trivialize God and heaven and Christianity into a fun game.

i don't think that song is shallow, i think that it's personal.. a lot of people like to think of God as a big stoic & heaven as museum-like: very cold, very beautiful, & you can't touch anything. i like to think that it's more like the description in big house.. not to mention that mark is from my town & went to my friend's church: he's a very sincere person & that only adds to the music.

Orpheus42
07-08-02, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Audio Adrenaline (big house) is to shallow. I think that God is so much more deeper than that.
Hands and Feet?

CalledByGrace
07-15-02, 02:34 AM
Personally I love Big House. I really feel like it's reaching out to people and telling them there's something bigger than themselves! It doesn't have to be a big elegant song to reach people. Just like a little child can sometimes reach more people than a pastor.