PDA

View Full Version : Nickel Creek

Orpheus42
07-01-02, 01:38 AM
I saw them on Thursday and it was the most amazing concert I've ever seen in my life bar none, even better than Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. I loved Chris Thile so much I went out and bought a mandolin the next day.

In addition to their regular stuff they did about 4 or 5 gospel tunes, one of which (You Don't Have to Move a Mountain) I think is going to be on their next album. They did some really cool stuff, including a version of Taxman by the Beatles (which was set up by Chris making a long spiel about "you know you've written a good song when people keep coming up to you and saying, 'you know, I think I've heard that before!'" :rofl: And in the middle of their instrumental tune Ode to a Butterfly they threw in a couple of lines from a Nirvana song. Freakin awesome is all I have to say. After their first encore they came out and had a second encore but they turned off the PA and just did a sing-along, playing their most popular tune When You Come Back Down, and then they finished off with Be Thou My Vision. Also their song The Hand Song always makes me cry. It's absolutely beautiful.

Then we had the state pickin and fiddlin contest this past weekend, I ended up getting picked up to play bass for a fiddle player friend's bluegrass band, really he signed up for the contest without having a band so he picked me up along with a banjo player and a guitarist and we worked out a couple of tunes in about a half-hour. I'd never played an upright bass before, it was really cool. We got third, and the lady who judged the bass category said I sounded like I'd been playing it for years. I guess it must not have been that hard. ;) So it's been great for me and acoustic music here lately. I love my new mandolin :biggrin:

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Nampula
07-01-02, 09:16 PM
that show was incredible... i was completely floored by their talent, & their hearts for God (without being "fluffy" or overbearing about it). i'd never heard their stuff until thursday, but it made me curse myself for not bringing enough money to buy their cd.. two thumbs up from owensboro!

Ashwee
07-01-02, 11:52 PM
I LOVE NICKELCREEK! Esp. When You Come Back Down....

I wish I could have seen the concert tho!

princess leah
07-09-02, 03:08 PM
awesome. awesome awesome AWESOME is all i have to say.