PDA

View Full Version : reflections of a hot summer day's run...

brokenblessings
06-25-02, 03:30 AM
From my journal:
God's revelation to me;
Comments, anyone?

Monday, June 24, 2002 @ 11:29 a.m.
Reflections of a hot summer day's run
The sun is hot and little beads of sweat form on the back of my neck. My breathing is deep, but easy and I take in the scent of freshly mowed grass surrounding the trail. I can feel my muscles contract as my feet hit the pavement time after time. My mind wanders and I begin to pray.
'Your creation is so beatiful, Father.'
I take in the sights and smells that surround me. The water is clear, bright blue, and sparkles in the light of the day. I absorb the warmth of the sun on my skin. And then I see them...their sweet fragrance speaks nothing of their beauty. A few loan flowers in the midst of the weeds.
'Is that how I look to You? A hint of beauty in the midst of chaos and unbelief? Please let that be what you see in me.' Oh, how I long to please Him.
I take refuge in the shade of the trees as I jog further along the path.
'Help me to find refuge in You', I beg.
Thirst hits me. I lift my blue water bottle above my head, gulping it down with a vengance. I feel the relief, the coolness of the water on my tongue and in my throat. My hot face feels cool, despite the scorching heat.
If only I could feel that same relief in my Spirit. If only I could quench my thirst for God. 'I long for You, Father. You're all that I need.'
I hear a soft voice in my ear, whispering.
Where is it coming from? The trees? The sky? The sun? I listen and try to hear what it is saying.
All creation speaks:
'My child, I love You. Seek only me.'

In His love,
Morgan
p.s. my journal can be found by clicking on the "journal" link on my website (the link in my sig)