PDA

View Full Version : Jewel...


CalledByGrace
06-15-02, 12:14 AM
What does everyone thing about jewel? In a lot of her songs she talks about having faith and stuff, and then talks about sex. What do you think?

Ashwee
06-15-02, 01:02 AM
I love her voice, that girl definitly has a gift from God.

And im not really sure waht to say about the whole faith and then sex thing.

Unfortunatly theres alot of people that do that.

Nampula
06-15-02, 02:17 AM
i think she's one of the many folks out there who are "spiritual" but not "godly," meaning she can sing about vague spirituality but refuses to pin it down to a specific deity or even Christ, thus she has no moral objections to singing about things like sex or abuse...

Chris B
06-24-02, 04:49 AM
I think she's weird. Actually I've never heard her sing... and I've never met her either. But she used to live with my old French teacher's daughter in my birth place of Boulder, Colorado (or something like that).

Yes... 90% of people in this country of mine are "Christians", meaning they tithe... or at least go to church sometimes. And most of the remaining 10% believe in some sort of spirituality or god-style being of sorts. The rest are agnostics and a couple aetheists. hey... I just put a label on every single person in the populous around me! good for me! :)