PDA

View Full Version : New Members Seeking Fellowship - Introduce yourselves to us!

Breni Sue
01-05-02, 08:56 PM
Hello, fellow brothers and sisters in Christ! Welcome to Christian Fellowship! As the title indicates, this is a thread for all you newbies out there (and not-so-newbies as well!) who want to officially make themselves known to our community here. Tell us who you are, where you're from, how you found this place...and anything else you would like to share with us!

I guess I will start with myself. Name is Brenetta, but a lot of people just call me Bren. I am 29, married for 2 and a half years to a wonderful man, and no kids (yet!). I live in a small rural town of about 300 and have lived there most of my life. It is very quiet and peaceful. :) I work in a polyethylene packaging plant (we manufacture plastic bags, to put it in layman's terms! ;) ) as an assistant machine operator for over 3 years now.

I have always believed in God, but did not begin to take it seriously until shortly after I married, when I officially accepted Christ and was baptized. I go to a small, non-denominational Church, but have recently been going back and forth between that and another non-denominational Church. I love singing (although I am not that great at it! ;) ), bible-reading and learning about God. I also love helping others learn about the Word, and reaching out to those who are struggling in their faith. Which is why I chose to take on the job of co-moderating this forum. I feel that by helping others and hearing about their experiences, I can also help myself to grow stronger and closer to Christ as well.

I look foward to getting to know each and every one of my Christian brothers and sisters. And I hope that we can all become great friends as well. Have fun! :)

Nicole
01-05-02, 09:05 PM
While I am definitely not new! I'll go ahead and introduce myself for those of you who don't know me from the other forums! :)

My name is Nicole - I'm 18 - and I'm currently a college freshman majoring in Secondary English Education. I love to see people grow in their faith - especially youth. I also love mission work with people of all ages. It's exciting to see God work. I have a tendancy to get apathetic about my walk with God though - which is something that He just majorly convicted me about!

I attend the most awesome church in the world! (no, i'm not biased, not at all! ;) ) Really, though - I feel extremely blessed by God to have grown up in the church I have. The pastors all love Jesus - it is so evident in their lives by the way they love everyone else with the love of God. They speak truth and they seek God.

I also love to read - give me a good book and I'm occupied for hours!

Guess that's enough about me for now!

angel_Eyes74
01-06-02, 05:59 PM
Hey,
I joined these boards a while ago and I just didn't feel comfortable with all of the fighting and everything, so I left for a while! Recently, a friend of mine told me about this forum and how everyone is so nice in here and there isn't any debating or fighting, so now I'm back!
To tell you a littel about myself, my name is Amy and I'm from Indiana! I'm 26 years old. I grew up in a Christian home, and I've always believed in God. But for a while I had stopped going to Church, and in the past few years I've been going more and have really gotten back into Church, and I'm loving it!
Well, that's all I'll say for now, and I hope to get to know all of you much better!
God Bless,
angel_Eyes74 :D

Multimom
01-07-02, 10:15 PM
Kyrie suggested that all the Mod's come here and introduce themselves.

So I guess I'll join in.

I am a 40 yo mother of 6 children aging from 13 down to 1 year. My husband and I have just made a huge life change. After being medically discharged from military service, we have gone into the ministry at a church in Livingston, Texas. We are the "Ministers of Student Affairs." We handle every aspect of the ministry from nursery through high school graduation.

I am also the daughter of a Baptist Minister and while I have spent my whole life in church I didn't really begin to get serious about it until I was in my 20's divorced and a single mom.

I began to really seek God and he lead me to a Charismatic Church where for the first time I experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I have been helping with this board since 1999, I started with the Stuff board which was replaced with the Open Discussion and Debate forum.

I also help moderate this board.

I am a fundamentalist Christian and believe in Biblical Inerrency. I have many conservative views about my faith.

I love this board because it is often the peace that I need after sifting throught the Open Debate forum.

For the newbies, welcome aboard and join in as much as you would like. If you enjoy debate, you can join us on the Open Discussion Board.

Don't hesitate to approach Ann on the Ask board if you have a question, and Marilyn on the prayer request board is the eternal prayer warrior.

If you haven't had the chance yet, go to the Teen Scene and post a compliment. They are doing a brag on your Buddy thing, under the thread, 1000 complements or bust.

Again welcome here.:cool:

Flannel Avenger
01-07-02, 11:18 PM
I am known here as "Flannel". Wanna know more? Stick around.

butterfly
01-08-02, 02:16 AM
Hi, I'm Cath! I'm 18 years old and from the wild wild west coast of Canada. :cool: I go to an Anglican church. My dad's a pastor and I used to go to his church but I was led elsewhere. Thankfully he's very supportive. (he's a great dad.) I'm currently still in highschool and hoping to graduate in June. After that, who knows? My current goal is to enter the diatetics program at UBC and study nutrition but that changes practically every month so I have no idea what my goal will be a month from now. I am also spend half my life (about 25 hours now, though it was 18 at the beginning of the year) at the pool with my lovely team of fellow synchronised swimmers. I spend the other half getting to and from school and swimming on our fabulous public transport system. (no, I'm not being sarcastic ;)) I am one of those strange people for whom it is a joyous experience to take the bus. I find it especially exciting when I get to "expand my transit horizons" and go to new places on buses I've never been on before. :D I've been doing a lot of expanding this year. ;) I also looooove to read. I can't go to sleep if I haven't read something. If there was such a thing as a bookaholic, I'd be one of them hehe. My current favourite author is Tolkien, but yesterday it was Tolstoy and the day before that it was Charlotte Bronte, so yes, I am one of those people who just can't make up their minds! If you also love to read or alternatively if you like to watch movies or play games, you should go visit the Book Movie and Game review forum which I mod. It's the bestest forum of all the boards! (alright, so that was shameless, the other boards are good too, especially this one :)) Well, anyways, I would just like to say that I really look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing in the blessing of fellowship. God bless!
your friend in Christ,
Cath :)

Vinnie
01-09-02, 12:51 AM
I'm Vinnie and my profile says some stuff about me and on my website there is an about me page but it hasn't been updated in a while. Well, I am 20 years old and I love apologetics and I like to goof around and laugh and make people laugh.

Nancy19
01-09-02, 12:29 PM
Hello Hello, I am new to this site so let me introduce myself. My name is Nancy and I am married and have 2 children.
I have been saved for 17 years. I got saved at an old fashion Campmeeting. I was a Methodist before,and I thought I was saved because I went to church. My husband (then boyfriend) asked me to come to a revival meeting with him. I went and felt very uncomfortable and told him I wasn't coming back. I went all week and the last night I felt like I was the only one the preacher was preaching to. I felt like if I didn't get saved right then that I wouldn't have another chance. So that night I was saved. :angel:
I didn't have many friends before I was saved but the Lord has blessed me with a lot of new friends. :)
I work as a volunteer at the kids school doing anything from lunchroom to office work. I also teach SS and VBS at our Baptist church.I also do the church newsletter and sing solos and in the choir.
I would love to hear from anyone. I would love to be a friend,and pray with you. My address is Forgiven7884@aol.com.
God Bless you. :angel:

Flannel Avenger
01-09-02, 01:19 PM
Vinnie also likes to boss people around.

:angel:

Orpheus42
01-09-02, 07:07 PM
Hi, my name's Jason, I'm 21/m and I'm a junior in college majoring in music and Biblical studies. Normally I go to the University of Evansville in southwest Indiana, but this semester I'm studying in Grantham, England at Harlaxton College. IT'S FANTASTIC :D

Anyway... I'm focused again... and so...

I've been a member of this board for quite some time, and I moderate the music forum. I love music (obviously), I play several instruments (the list that I came up with for my British Studies class was 17), I enjoy most all styles of music (not a big fan of modern "pop country", nor do I really like much hip hop/rap/whatever, and the modern pop stuff- N*Sync and the like can go jump in the lake), especially jazz and classic rock. My favorite rock groups at the present time are Third Day, Genesis, Disciple, Iona, and U2. If you don't know any of them, ask :biggrin: Though they have fairly diverse styles, so liking one does not guarantee liking any of the others. My main instruments are sax, guitar, bass, and drums/percussion. I've played in several bands, appeared on a few recordings (nothing major ;)), and I would like to try to do some work as a session player or maybe get a band together in the near future. A drummer friend of mine and I are in the process of trying to start a blues band called Blind Lemon Homer. I'll let you know when our multiplatinum debut is about to go to the duplicator ;););)

I'm also extremely interested in literature, languages, philosophy, theology, history, and well just about any field of study you could think of pretty much. I basically just want to learn everything I can about God's created world, the more I learn about creation the more in awe I find myself of the Creator, and the more I am astounded that in the midst of all this he cares for us even to the point of walking with us and dying for us. I am currently learning ancient Greek, and I plan on starting studies in ancient Hebrew soon. I also want to learn German so I can access the vast stores of German scholarly literature. In my Biblical studies classes I am undertaking a personal project studying the Old Testament prophecies regarding God's eschatological salvation and how it relates to messianology. My thought right now is that it might be a lot more evident from the Old Testament than had previously been thought that the messiah belongs to the unique identity of God, that is- that the Old Testament predicts the messiah being God himself. I'll let y'all know what I find out ;) I wrote a 20-page paper for my Isaiah class last semester and it was just barely a scratch on the surface!

I'm also involved in campus fellowship groups on campus, a few of us are trying to start one on campus here at Harlaxton and at UE I'm involved with Student Christian Fellowship, Campus Crusade, and InterVarsity. I do a lot of worship leading, and lately I've really gotten into international music. In fact, last semester along with chaplains council and a lot LOT LOT of help from friends I put on a campus-wide worship service focusing on the international community and worldwide customs of worship. It was amazing! Thanks God! :) I'm really considering going to graduate school for ethnomusicology (the study of ethnic music) and doing missionary work in that field for some time. Eventually though I'd like to come back to the US and pursue a doctorate in Old Testament studies and maybe teach at a university. We could always keep that blues band on the side ;)

Well thanks for listening to me ramble, y'all have a great day and God bless.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Vinnie
01-09-02, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Flannel Avenger
Vinnie also likes to boss people around.

Can you say administrator?

VG8XP80
01-10-02, 02:53 AM
My name is Rory. I've been registered since February, but took a long hiatus from here, so I'm not well-known around here. I'm a musician. I'm 23 years old. If you'd like you can read my bio at
www.roryhoffman.com

cujo95
01-13-02, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I have intoduced myself elsewhere on ILJ Boards, but I thought I should introduce myself here. This forum sounds like just what I have been looking for; a place of Christian fellowship, not fighting.

I use the nick, "cujo" but my real name is Phil. I am 54, married, and have a grown daughter and a grown son.
I am an ex-Catholic who believed the good news of my salvation through Jesus Christ, in 1995. I attend a small, independant, Bible believing church that I really like.

Like all Christians I have had my struggles. But I have learned that no matter what I must face or deal with; if I will just focus on the Lord and all he has done for me, and is doing in my life, and all the great things he has planned for me, then I will have joy and victory. And it is also important to focus on all the love for Jesus that God has put in our hearts. This many times is what gets me through the day.

Well, enough said for now.
I look forward to fellowshiping more with all of you on this forum!

Keep looking up! I will,

Phil

August
01-15-02, 09:02 PM
hi everyone can just call me Gus. i'm 24, and live in MS no husband or children because right now i'm seeking something greater. that being a REAL relationship with God like i had when i was 11. back then i was on fire for Him still had a soft heart wanted nothing more than to please Him and help others. It's been nearly 14 years now and the girl that once existed like that i don't even recognize her anymore. now my heart is like ice i don't really have the love for people like i should and my passion for God is...well it just isn't there. i try to think back to that time and its just a blurry memory. so as of now i am seeking and praying and wanting to serve God in fact i think about it all the time. i could use some prayers if any of you would mind and maybe a Christian to talk to. thanks.

livingforHim
01-15-02, 09:51 PM
Hello to everyone here. My name is Karen I am a stay at home mom of 5 children ages 9, 6, 5, 2, and 9 months and I am excpecting baby 6 in August. I am a born again spirit filled christian and I love Jesus. I can't wait to get to know you all! God Bless you and I will see you on the boards.:biggrin:

uniquelyhis
01-17-02, 05:47 PM
I am sort of new here. I had to find another email web site and when I found ilovejesus.com, I liked it so feel free to email me at uniquelyhis@ilovejesus.net.

Some of you may remember my question and LOTR discussion. That is how I found out about this place and it is great place.

I am 34. My real name is Ruthie Derby. I live in california, but byt he word of the Lord, I will be moving to the state of washington.
I am very much single. A rare jewel you might say. I believe in being the 1 Peter 3 and Ephesians 5 wife. I am very much a godly woman and a spiritual person. I have no children but want a couple of my own someday. I am also lloking for work. I graduated with a B.A degree in Liberal studies about a year and a half ago. I believe in my dreams and I believe that God will never let them die because he gave them to me. (A MIchelle Tume song inspired that belief) If there is anything you want to know email me.

Michele
01-17-02, 08:29 PM
Hi....i'm Michele. Nicole is responsible for introducing me to you guys and I am soooo glad! Nicole and I go to the same church (an awesome one i must concur:D ). I am 18 years old and also go to the same college as Nicole. (If you can't already tell we are buds:D ) I am majoring in early childhood education hoping to one day either be a kindergarten teacher, a principal, or a children's director at a church. Also, I teach Sunday school and weekday preschool. In other words...I LOVE KIDS!:biggrin: My heart is to show them Goad's love:) . Well....that's about all....nice to meet everyone!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
P.S. I really like all the smiley faces!:D

Michele
01-20-02, 04:55 PM
ok...sorry...i didnt think i could sink any further into stupidity but my previous post should say God's love, not Goad's love:blush: :wah:

:biggrin:

Breni Sue
01-20-02, 06:10 PM
:rofl:

chuckles007
01-22-02, 03:40 AM
hello, im new.:angel:

Breni Sue
01-22-02, 04:08 AM
Welcome to ILJ, Chuckles! Can you tell us about yourself? :)

gzuznme
01-27-02, 07:05 PM
God Bless To All! I feel very blessed to be apart of this family! I found this site by experimentation. I was trying to post to another Christian Site, Keepers of our Faith, its a wonderful site, but, for some reason, I cant post messages. But, I also know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Ok, a little about me - Im 44 years old, will be 45 February 14th, married to a wonderful man, James, have no children, but have a lot of young people who call me mom. Love writing poetry, surfing the web for spiritual content, reading the Word of God. Have been saved since 1990, and praise God for the wooing of the Holy Spirit, for I heard the word, reprobate mind 3 times the week I got saved! My husband and I belong to St John AME. Looking forward to hearing from you all and fellowshipping with our Father!:angel:

Barney
01-29-02, 06:17 PM
Here there everyone.

I started posting here ages ago, but only in the Ask bit, when I was really stuck with some boggling question!

Now, I've decided to make myself known, and subject you all to my dullset tones!

Well, i'm 17 (almost 18) and live in Bonnie Scotland. I well into music....especially Hillsong!!!! I've been a Christian most of my life, drifted away a bit, then remembered what I'd been missing out on, and hit home! Now you just can't shake me!!!!

I heard about this site when I was singing with a choir in Ireland. It was one of the guys e-mail addresses so I thought, I wonder if it's an actual site and.....!!!!!

Have spent the past year trying to work out if I'm being called to the ministry, or just to get more involved in and around the church, and I haven't yet worked out the answer!.... soon...hopefully.

speak again soon!
Sx

Orpheus42
01-29-02, 09:45 PM
Barney! I'm in England for the semester. Maybe we could hook up and sing some songs?

Barney
01-30-02, 05:42 PM
Well hello there Mr Orpheus42! Where in England are you studying? We could meet up if it's not too far away. just passed my driving test, so don't wanna drive too far, and public transport uses that 'non-existant' money! LoL!

We'll sort summit out i'm sure

:D

princess leah
01-30-02, 06:54 PM
name's leah, 17/f/IN, orpheus42=mah big brother. :) @ jason.

i've been posting here juuuust about a month longer than he has. just recently i was made a mod on the praise reports board. go do some praisin'! God's the coolest, man! i've been a christian now for... well, it'll be two months in march. i'm a junior in HS right now. not quite as big a geek now as my big bro but i'm workin on it ;) i'm in the swing choir, colorguard, prom committee, fca, sadd, and right now in a quandry (sp?) over whether i'm going to continue going to youth group on wednesdays, or join the choir of the methodist church in town. well *waves at everyone* now if ya didn't know me before, ya do now!

blessins,
leah

p.s. *stick* :D

Orpheus42
01-30-02, 07:44 PM
A year and two months, you mean ;)

And you had unstuck the thread ;)

Orpheus42
01-30-02, 07:46 PM
I'm at Harlaxton College just outside of Grantham, so it's not exactly a short trip but I've been meaning to get up to Scotland for a weekend- it would be awful if I spent an entire semester here and didn't make it up north at all! :)

princess leah
01-30-02, 08:41 PM
huh? you sure? grr. dernit i wanted to stick something! :wah:

Orpheus42
01-30-02, 09:02 PM
Ok, I'll unstick it so you can stick it ;)

cybersaint
01-31-02, 12:36 AM
IT'S SOOOOO GOOD TO BE BACK AGAIN! WHEW! :)

Orpheus42
01-31-02, 10:21 AM
Hey, welcome back CS! :)

GodBroken
01-31-02, 09:52 PM
HI THERE! im newbie GodBroken!
geez, i dunno how i got to this site but
im sure im gonna enjoy my stay here...

hey, can i have one of those avatars too?

Barney
02-01-02, 08:12 PM
hey GodBroken. Welcome!!!!

I'm sure you'll have a great time here!!!!

:cool:

Orpheus42
02-02-02, 09:24 AM
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will live forever.

IculuvHim2
02-03-02, 05:42 PM
[FONT=century gothic][COLOR=blue]Hello everyone! I am Serena, I am the mother to three small children. Brady is 4, Olivia is 3, and Gavin is 13 months.

I am glad I found these boards!:biggrin:

uniquelyhis
02-06-02, 03:16 PM
I like your post, kyrie.:angel:

GodBroken
02-06-02, 09:49 PM
welcome iculuvhim2!!!

(i think i'm just gonna welcome everybody until i'm labelled as FELLOWSHIP JUNKIE! :))

faeroeisle
02-06-02, 09:57 PM
hey! my brother's name is gavin, he's 3 yrs old.(sweetest boy on earth):D

WarriorAngel
02-11-02, 03:46 PM
Hello everyone my name is Daniel, I'm 17 and in college studying english and computer science. I want to be a video game designer someday....either that or a classic Weird Old Librarian.

GodBroken
02-11-02, 09:28 PM
hello warriorangel! welcome to the boards!! :)
hmm... the video game designer looks more promising... just in case you're wondering... :)

innosensefound
02-12-02, 03:27 AM
Hi! I am glad with all my heart to have been led by God to the sanctity of this site. I am very shy around people, as I have walked a hard road on my way to finding Jesus. :blush: I hope I have at last found a quiet space to contemplate my past and my future with my savior, our Lord.

I pray that I have the strength to speak openly and often, as this is probably one of my worst offences.

May light shine brightly upon you all.

GodBroken
02-13-02, 08:45 PM
hi there innosensefound! I'm new to these discussion boards myself. You got me if you want someone to talk to. ;)

corn boy
02-15-02, 01:54 AM
hello!
im glad to have found a board with so many good christians :) all the others ive been at were full of atheists and flamers...
anyways im corn boy and im 15
i like swimming basketball and GOD of course! :)

GodBroken
02-17-02, 10:04 PM
ey cornboy!
glad to have found ur way here... keep in touch.

Playa
02-17-02, 10:34 PM
Hello.

As you can see, I am new here. I frequent many other fora/message boards. I'm 16 years old, live in Texas, and go to a private school. (You'll probably soon find out I'm a chronic signature changer, too. I'm incapable of keeping a sig for too long.)

Love the smilies-----> :spin: :smash: :love: :eureka:

Anyway, erm, my intrests include literature, school work (well, it's a forced intrest ;) ), writing poetry, and etc. I don't currently have a steady church because of my dad's ministry's erratic hours, though I try. :angel:

Well, I think that's pretty much about me.

Hook
02-18-02, 10:24 AM
Greetings all!

I'm a divorced/remarried dad. I have a son and my wife & I are adopting a newborn. Mid 30's recently took and passed the CPA exam. Losing my current job in about six weeks, and looking for a new position to fit my credentials.

I accepted God's gift of grace and salvation when I was sixteen, shortly after a bout with teenage depression and everything that goes along with it. Since then I've rebelled and renewed my faith on a few occasions, the most recent being a few years ago renewing my faith and redirecting my life to be more Christ like and attempting to use my musical gifts/talents for Christ as opposed to worldly satisfaction and recognition.

GodBroken
02-18-02, 10:00 PM
Hi Playa! Hi Hook!

wow, it's good to have lots of people coming along...
you'll enjoy your stay with these discussion boards...

God Bless!!! :)

Codger
02-19-02, 02:15 PM
Dear ILJ Board,

My name is Larry and I will be writing under the name of Codger - a name that seems appropos because I just finished my sixth decade. I have three children who are in college - I don't think they will ever graduate - am a manager of a small plastic pipe operation in NE Ohio.

Received the Lord in 1964. Married in 1972 in Montreal to a French Canadian who has had the patience of Job to tolerate my shortcomings all these years.

Church background is AOG, Some Messianic, Vineyard. Don't know if these are approved words on this board or not. I guess I will find out.

Hope to be talking to you on some threads in the future.

Larry

Orpheus42
02-19-02, 10:50 PM
I don't have any problems with any of those words.

God bless your time here.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

j_butterfly28
02-20-02, 01:13 PM
:angel: Hi! My name is Erica, I am a 22 yr old hispanic female.
I am married with two children. I am currnetly attending the Art Institute of Houston under the Culinary Arts Program. I adore butterflies and anyone who knows me well knows that!! The J in my screen name stands for Jesus so you know what I am all about! I also love to meet new people with the dame intrests as myself! So I hope to get well acquianted with all of you!!

Flannel Avenger
02-20-02, 01:15 PM
Hi.

I reign supreme here, just so you know :D

Michele
02-20-02, 01:33 PM
Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm Michele/19 years old/education major in college. Hope you have fun here!!!!:) :)

j_butterfly28
02-20-02, 01:37 PM
I hope you were not threatened by what I said, you obviously come across that way. lol It is kind of cute if you think about it. You are acting like my kids.:cool:
And just so You know only God reigns supreme :cool:
Come on, reply.....
I wanna see what you can come up with!

j_butterfly28
02-20-02, 01:38 PM
Hi! Thanx for the welcome!! Hope to have fun here too!

j_butterfly28
02-20-02, 01:39 PM
MICHELE not mike!

Pelvidar
02-20-02, 02:22 PM
There are a lot of butterflies in this forum :) Where's my insect repellant?? :D

Just kidding! Welcome aboard.

Kittycat
02-20-02, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the site...a word of warning there are many strange and weird people here.....not in this forum just around and about.....so watch out :D :angel:

E-Nygma
02-20-02, 02:56 PM
I am E-Nygma. I am an E-Nygma. This is the net, so I am whatever you want me to be. I could tell you a bunch of stats, but you would have no clue if I'm being truthful, or not.

Hey, this is the net.

Orpheus42
02-20-02, 06:14 PM
Flannel- keep it in the wacky forum.

Flannel Avenger
02-20-02, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus42
Flannel- keep it in the wacky forum.

You're getting kind of bossy lately :stinkeye:

Kittycat
02-20-02, 07:30 PM
poor you...everybody picks on Flannel :(

Kittycat
02-20-02, 07:32 PM
*whispers to Flannel watch out first he is the spell checker and now mr. bossy,...what is it going to be next........*

Flannel Avenger
02-20-02, 07:43 PM
I think HE wants to be the next Tyrant.

Kittycat
02-20-02, 07:50 PM
:rotfl: GOOD one!!!

HeatherlyButterfly
02-20-02, 08:38 PM
hi my fellow butterfly! i also love butterflies... it's very apparent if you were walk into my room. or look at the info for anything online of mine.. lol... welcome to ILJ... i'm a 19 year old (female in case it wasn't apparent) and i'm studying Biblical Studies at the University of Evansville in southern Indiana. yeah.. i hope to get to know you some over the boards! i love making new friends!

Love in Christ,
heather raye

ps... flannel, jase does have a point... all sillyness is supposed to be kept in the wacky forum...

Flannel Avenger
02-20-02, 09:40 PM
Nobody consulted me when making that new rule. In fact, if silliness was confined to the wacky forum it would be the only forum that was really going with the absence of the ODD forum.

Breni Sue
02-20-02, 11:41 PM
Merging this thread with j_butterfly's. Let's try to keep this on-topic, alright? :)

Orpheus42
02-21-02, 12:08 PM
Not all silliness, just the Tyrant and FlannelLand and I reign supreme stuff ;)

Flannel Avenger
02-21-02, 10:04 PM
I reign supreme in all forums, regardless of the Tyrant. The I reign supreme thing came from a non Tyrant related post.

Kittycat
02-21-02, 10:07 PM
and that makes it ok? just wondering ............................

Flannel Avenger
02-21-02, 10:18 PM
Why can't I reign supreme? I've been telling newbies that for months now! Some of my better ones involved, "Hi, I reign supreme here. Some other people disguise their jealousy with snide remarks and displays of moderator "powers". I allow it because they are broken shells of people"

Kittycat
02-21-02, 10:20 PM
oooooooooooooooooooh

GOOD ONE *claps hands...err paws together *:biggrin:

GodBroken
02-21-02, 10:36 PM
welcoming those new in the boards...

Codger
j_butterfly28

HI!!!

Codger
02-22-02, 01:24 PM
Dear Godbroken,

Thank you for your kind welcome. I also write on another board as a regular for three years now. I've forgotten how important it is to welcome newcomers. I had to become one in order to rediscover this.

Thanks to you and orpheus - I'm going to be a lot more considerate and mindful of this in the future on my other board and eventually here - if I manage to survive here that is.

Thank you,

Larry

greencape
03-03-02, 09:36 AM
hi
I'm a 21 year old male from sydney came to this board after some realy good discussion at another sight. I was going to a church untill about 2 years ago, when i began to doubt big time.
I have just recently started looking again trying to find some answers and am looking forward to asking some questions

so thats me, looking forward to some chats. :)

Breni Sue
03-03-02, 12:55 PM
Hey Greencape! Welcome to the boards! So glad to hear you are seeking the Lord again. I hope you find the answers you are looking for here! :)

And welcome also to our other new members! Hook, Larry, J_butterfly...(I know I am forgetting some people here, LOL), hope to see more of you guys around! :)

SpeedRacer
03-10-02, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone. I've just joined the boards here and I'm looking for some help. My son is 8 and would like to get into some message boards but I can't seem to find any that are appropriate for him. Does anyone have a clue where I can direct him?

It all started with some Internet Safety game on Disney.com. He played and got lessons in what not to do with 'internet friends'. After playing for a while he looked up at me and asked, "Can I go get some internet friends?" I immediately saw hours of research on my part but like an idiot I said, "Sure."

We've been less than successful. I found the boards at Wizards.com because he likes Pokemon. After a lengthy registration process he was finally able to post. His first post was a typical 8 year old short story of about two paragraphs. It was quickly savaged by the smart alec pre-teens there.

He's a homeschooled boy who has the tenderest, most caring heart I've seen. It almost brought tears to my eyes to see his reaction to his story's reception. So what I'm looking for is a kids board with a Christian flavor, or at least one where polite behavior rules.

I've got a tough enough job ahead of me over the next ten years; easing him out into the cold, hard world without shredding his gentle nature. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Breni Sue
03-14-02, 03:45 AM
Gosh, Speedracer, I wish I had some suggestions. But to be honest, I can't think of any messages boards geared towards children. I am sure there are some out there though. Tell your little one to hang in there, and may God bless you in your research!

Oh yeah, and welcome to ILJ! :)

Denise Anderson
03-14-02, 08:21 PM
32 year old Australian girl, born-again Christian, seeking fun, chatty, Christian girls in Adelaide for friendship, late 20's-early 30's. Interests include: music, cinema, dining out, church, etc. Non-smokers, non-drinkers, down to earth with good sense of humour. Must have a heart for Jesus and a desire to serve God!
Please contact: "denise.anderson@ilovejesus.net"

Vinnie
03-14-02, 08:34 PM
I think you defined the perfect woman. If you get any responses give them my address :D

Well, you can find friendship here to. Hope to see you around.

Angelwing
03-25-02, 03:12 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Bradley, but most call me Brad. I'm 21 years old and I have been a christian all my life. I had my ups and downs in life and, but I thank God for making me strong in life.

I guess I can tell you want I believe in God so much. I was one of those kids that had to be drag into chruch. When I was little I don't why my mom made me go, I thought she was being mean to me. But that change over the years and I knew why my Mom made me go.

What I'm about to tell you is the big reason why I believe in God more now that I ever did.

When I was born, I was born with a heart problem. I had to have open heart surgery when I was 15 months old and the doctors give me a 50/50 chance of making out of the heart surgery. I did and that just one of many reasons to thank God. When I had the open heart surgery, they had to give me 11 pints of blood. It wasn't intill a week before my 13th brithday that I found out that I had hiv. I got hiv from the blood when I had my open heart surgery. At that time, I was sarce and didn't know what was going to happen. I was getting sick alot and they ran some tests on me and that is how I found out about it. When I went to a hiv/aids doctor, it was aids and this was back in 1993, so there was not much that they could do for me. It got worst, I started thowing up everytime I ate and I had fevers from 104 to 107 every night. The doctors did want they could and I was giving shots in my legs everyday and it was a very painful. I was about to give up and let take over, but one night when I had one of my fevers. I was crying and I said, let me die, I can't take it anymore. I was a person in white next to my bed and was just looking at me. I know this was an angel now, all he said was don't give up, you must fight it and he was gone.

After that, I started saying that everyday. I wouldn't let aids get me. In Sept of 93, the doctor told my mom and dad that I had six months to live, but the doctor told them that he wasn't going to give up, but they should know that I could die at anytime. My mom and dad never told me what the doctor said and I knew that something was wrong. Two weeks later, I was getting worst and My mom had to live my room and she paryed that I will get better. My mom didn't tell me this intill two years ago, that she when she paryed, she had this feeling come to her that I was going to get better. The next day, I don't how or why, but the doctor wanted to do a blood test on me. The test show that my blood level and everything else was very low in me and I rush to the hospital. They have me fluid iv and blood transfusion. That night I was feeling better then I had every felt in my life. My doctor had all kinds of people to see me when I was in the hospital. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. To this day, he said that we have to thank God for what happen. From that point, I got better and now I only take three meds for hiv. It went aids back to hiv.

Now I feel great and for two years now, the virus is so low in my body that it doesn't show up in my blood.

I never ask why I got it or why I'm here now, but I feel that there was a reason for it. I now try to teach people about hiv/aids and also show that a person shouldn't give up when you think you have hit a dead end road in life.

Angelwing

Vinnie
03-26-02, 10:57 PM
I just read this thread. Haven't been in here in a long while. Part of it was a big put off.

Breni Sue
03-27-02, 02:13 AM
Hey ya, Brad! Glad you were finally able to sign up! :D (it's me, Bren!) Welcome to the boards!

St_Tikhon
04-11-02, 01:12 PM
Peace. My real name, which I never give out, is not important. I'm 36 years old, married w/ 6 children. I'm an actor/musician/historian. I am Orthodox. I hope to become a priest some day, by God's grace.

Orpheus42
04-12-02, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the boards! :)

Faith1
04-15-02, 01:04 AM
:cool: Hi I am new here so I may be not doing this right or not but plz if you can help me that would be great...Faith1

Ashwee
04-15-02, 01:08 AM
Howdy! Welcome! I'm Ashley- 15/F/Oklahoma! Hope to be seein more of ya

Orpheus42
04-15-02, 08:04 AM
Looks good to me :)

Flannel Avenger
04-15-02, 06:05 PM
Hi.

Nicole
04-15-02, 06:36 PM
hello :)

I'm Nicole - welcome to the boards

louisa
04-17-02, 01:42 PM
hi, my name is louisa, i joined the boards today. im at university in crewe england and i praise the lord for bringing me here to an amazing church and youth group thats just on fire for God and for message boards were everyone loves jesus can talk to and encourage each other.:) :biggrin:

St_Tikhon
04-17-02, 02:09 PM
I'm somewhat new here myself, but welcome.

BTW, one of my daughter's middle name is Louisa.

Peace

carrie
04-21-02, 10:45 AM
I though I'd drop in and say hi. I'm 19 years old. From Columbus Ohio
-Carrie

Breni Sue
04-21-02, 02:05 PM
Hey Carrie! Welcome to our world here at ILJ! :)

I_Heart_Jesus
04-24-02, 11:47 PM
hey everybody, I'm Meryl, and i'm 16. A few of you guys already know me a little bit, cuz of my little "the newbie" blonde moment lol. But i absolutly LOVE meeting new people so i'll post again. I live in saskatchewan, and work at good ol' Mcd's. I love drama, and singing, tho i'm not too good at it hehe. I loooove music, it's so much fun! I have msn, and i wanna get to know all y'all!!! I'm growing in Christ, and i've been a Christian for 3 years (almost 4) i still struggle sooo much, but i know i've got something constant and true in my life... yeah God!! hope to get to know you all. Talk to y'all later

cmb
04-28-02, 07:59 PM
Hi, my name is Cathy. I gave my life to Jesus while going through a real hard time. He got me through it. And the blessings just keep on coming!!

theGoThIcFrOg
04-29-02, 01:14 AM
thought i would say hi
i am 17 and a christian female.
i am from omaha hebraska (woohoo go CORN!!)

well i think that will do for now... in the wee hours of the morning

GodBroken
04-29-02, 10:41 AM
*** waves at everyone

soulsister
04-29-02, 02:46 PM
Hey ya'll! I am brand new here today(April 29th) and glad to have found this place...looking forward to getting to know ya'll(yeah, I am from the South)

I am a 34 yr. old, single, working mama to 2 beautiful girls. Jasmine is my 12 year old and little Zoe is almost 10 months old. God and my children are my life. I am very grateful to God for everything He has done and is still doing in my life...Praise God!

P.S. Say...do ya'll not have a discussion forum here? I am a member of Christian Forums.com, and just thought this place might be similar, but I see no place to ask questions of the general population here, just a place to ask questions of moderators...:confused:

Peace,
Claire

Flannel Avenger
04-29-02, 06:41 PM
The discussion forum met a rather distasteful end. You can ask questions in here, as long as they don't turn into a debate.

Breni Sue
04-30-02, 06:12 AM
Hey Soulsister! You can also post questions in "Ask", we have a few mods and even a couple of regulars that reply in there as well. However, that is more for folks who seek expert answers, which is why each post is previewed by the admin before it is posted.

This place here is a discussion forum of sorts, just not for heated debate-type stuff. So you are quite welcome to ask away if you'd like! ;)

Hope to see more of all you new folks around!! :)

soulsister
04-30-02, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll!:)

HeavenboundRU
05-02-02, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Cindy, and I am a Southern Baptist pastor's wife from Arkansas. I am 37 years old and have a 12 year old son, and a 7 year old daughter, and a wonderful husband. Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

Nicole
05-02-02, 09:05 PM
hi, welcome - to Cindy and everyone else I haven't welcomed yet!

My name is Nicole - I'm 19 - colllege freshman - or am I sophomore now? hmm..one of those! Live in GA!

Laury
05-02-02, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by heavenlyprincess
college freshman - or am I sophomore now?

nicole's awesome.

love her or fear my wrath.

kate2001
05-03-02, 01:39 PM
Hi All!! Wow this is a long topic!!
I'm a newbie. . . so. . . *big wave* hi!!!

Chelle66
05-11-02, 02:08 AM
I am a 35 year old school teacher from Iowa. I have taught math for 11 years now to middle schoolers. This year I have taken on the building's TAG (talented & gifted program) [some of you may know it as ELP, or Extended Larning Program].

I became a CHristian in college and have married a Chrisiian man. We will be married 5 years this July. No kids, but a cat.

The Lord has really blessed us so much in the past year that I am so excited to share things. Recently, my husband and I rededicated ourselves to God by getting rebaptized.

I have a webpage that goes into much more detail. It is http://community.webtv.net/PNguin66/ChristianProud

Well, it is after 1 am and I have to work tomorrow at 9...part time weekend work with the mentally challenged. Remember, I am a teacher, so the extra money is nice. I hope to visit again soon!!

Breni Sue
05-11-02, 04:24 AM
Hey Chelle! Welcome aboard! :)

Kate, Cindy, hope to see more of you around here!

funlearning
05-14-02, 03:43 AM
Hello, everyone!

I'm Nancy, and I live in Los Angeles. I'm so happy to have found such a wonderful forum! I'm a married homeschooling mom of 3 boys, but only schooling 2 this year as my oldest has graduated. My oldest is planning on joining the Army sometime this year or next.

I found this site from someone's email address on a Christian homemaker's list I'm on :) I look forward to fellowshipping with you all. I am looking for a church to join. Dh doesn't attend with us so I always seem to find "other things" to do Sunday a.m., but we need to change that!!

I was raised in the church as a child, then fell away since I never felt I had a personal relationship with Jesus. But I turned my heart to him and rededicated my life to Him through baptism 7 years ago, and He has blessed me greatly :) It's easy to get sidetracked with the "world" but when my focus is on Him daily it's much better, and the day runs so much more smoothly.

My children and I love studying our Bible daily. I feel so blessed to be able to instill his Word in all our studies all day long!

theGoThIcFrOg
05-16-02, 07:57 PM
HI and welcome to the board.... I am Cora, and am 17 and from nebraska.... I hope ya'll have fun on the board and I hope to see ya posting round here... later

blessings everyone

daisyfyre
05-17-02, 07:59 PM
Howdy all! I'm Lauren. I'm 19 and a girlie. I am currently a sophomore at Texas A&M and majoring in Psychology. I hope to eventually get my Ph.D in Forensic Pysch and become a FBI Profiler. sounds exciting and creepy all at the same time, doesn't it? ;)
I've gone to Church my whole life but as we all know that doesn't mean much until we have a real, intimate relationship with Jesus. That relationship blossomed for me in 10th grade. wahoo! And I didn't become a strong Christian that walks and talks daily with Jesus until this past year. I'm becoming stronger and stronger in my walk. I actually consider myself married to God at the moment and even wear my fish ring on my left hand as a symbol of that. how's that for a funny little tid-bit. ;) A song pretty much summons up my Christian walk at the moment, well, it does to me. It's "Freefall (from hand to hand) by Stavesacre. look it up, they have awesome music.
Speaking of songs, music, etc. That brings me to another passion, music. I love music. I can never get enough of it. I like everything - mostly Christian, rock, alternative, emo, and indie. I'm looking forward to learning how to play worship songs on an acoustic guitar. :)
Hmm. There's more to me, but I'll save ya from that. hehe. I'd better quit ramblin'. If ya wanna know more, just ask, I try not to bite too many heads off in a day. :) I look forward to posting and talking to some speschul peoples. :)

The First Lady
05-21-02, 07:45 AM
Hi, I'm Eve (hence the nickname), I found you all through a web search and am really looking forward to sharing fellowship with you.
A little about me, I'm nearly 31, got two children, a wonderful partner and a cat.... I live in Kent, just outside London (UK) and have done for the last 8 months.
I've been a christian since I was about 17, but had a couple of lapses along the way, but since moving here, I have become closer to God than ever before. I was on christians online, (you may have seen me there as evangeline) but decided I needed a bit of a change of scene.
Anyway, I think I've rambled on long enough, as I've said I'm really looking forward to sharing with you all.
Go with God

del_fik
05-22-02, 08:07 AM
Hi all at ILJ,

I've been a lurker here on and off for a while, and thought perhaps it was about time I joined in. So here I am.

My real name's Paul, but I always use del_fik on the internet, so if you see that name on any other boards, you'll know it's highly likely to be me. I'm a Licensed Reader in the Church of England, although my health has rather prevented me from ministering in Church for quite some time. But I do have a limited ministry on the internet, at the cyber-church I've set up.

What more can I say? No doubt people will get to know me as I join in with the activities on the board. What you see, is what you get -- the person I come across as on the internet, is just who I am. Looking forward to meeting up with some great people here.

Your brother in Christ,

del_fik

angel1427253
06-03-02, 01:50 PM
Hi, im new here. Im 15 years old, I live in Graham, NC.... uh, I cant think of anything else about myself. um, I dont really know anybody around here but I look forward to getting to know all of ya'll better. There seems to be lots of nice people here. :)

Flannel Avenger
06-03-02, 07:57 PM
Hi, I toured the sawmill in Graham last summer :D

Laura
06-03-02, 08:41 PM

Well, I'm not exactly new, I think some of you may know me, but it doesn't hurt to introduce. I'm Laura, 16 and from Canada. I'm usually in Teen Scene or WW but randomly decided to come here one day, and liked it. So, yay!! And a big hello to anyone who's actually reading my ramblings. :angel:

Joe Friday
06-05-02, 09:59 AM
I'm new. I live in Michigan. It's cold sometimes. If you have any other questions I'll refer you to my lawyer.

Gabbyrell
06-09-02, 04:06 PM
Im new! Im 15, I live in the middle of no where in texas, uhm....I personally know kitty and tricia! YAY! :)

Tricia
06-09-02, 05:28 PM
Yeah Gabbyrell!! :)

U R a Gr8 God
06-12-02, 10:02 AM
Hi I'm a South African and eager to get to fellowship with people around the world, please e-mail me @ theronb@oldmutualpfa.com. Be Blessed in all your ways. :biggrin:

Pearl614
06-12-02, 10:45 AM
I am a Christistian (baptist). I am an 19 year old highschool student. GUESS WHAT -- my spiritual birthday is today (June 12 -- the day I became a Christian)! Does your chuch celebrate spiritual birthdays?

Breni Sue
06-12-02, 12:10 PM
Happy "birthday", Pearl! :D I don't think our Church celebrates spiritual birthdays, but mine is July 11th.

Welcome, U R a Gr8 God! I am sure you will find lots of fellowship around here!! :)

And a great big "ILJ welcome" to our other new members as well! Y'all come back now, ya hear?? ;)

U R a Gr8 God
06-13-02, 03:33 AM
Thanx Kyrie, sure nice to see so many people loving the same Jesus all at one place, I should have come across this website long ago. May all you lovely people have a nice day, and please feel free to e-mail me.

:D Our God is a Gr8 God, no question about it. :D

PawPawRuss
06-14-02, 10:27 AM
Hello,

My name is Russ and I have been saved by the Grace of my Lord Jesus 8 years :biggrin:

I look forward to reading and sharing ideas with you all.

Jewels
06-15-02, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone! My name is Julie and I am from Virginia. I found this site while looking for somewhere to fellowship with other Christians. I have been blood bought by the grace of God since October of 2001! Yeah I am still a "baby Christian" but am on fire for God!

Won't bore you with too many details, just that I am 26 married and have 2 small children whom I adore. Really looking forward to getting to know you all!

God Bless

PawPawRuss
06-15-02, 10:13 AM
Julie

Welcome, glad to see another new face. :D

I hope you enjoy it here!

U R a Gr8 God
06-18-02, 02:31 AM
Hi Julia.
So Gr8 to see someone in my age group, I'm 27, married with one daughter, 20 months old, and I love her very very very very much. I hope we keep in contact with each other and find other married couples to join in. BUT I must say, I might be 27, but my joy, love and passion for Christ out perform some of these younger guys. I'm refering to the South African youth, not you guys, you r all so active in your Christianity are'nt you?

Love you all with the Love of the Lord, May your days be full of joy and laughter.

NB: My name is Braam, for those of you who would like to know.

p i s t i s
06-21-02, 09:34 AM
Hi all. :D

Felicia1258
06-21-02, 08:53 PM
Hi everybody....I'm new but I'd like to be a regular....out here in Northern California freezing on the first day of summer. 1/2 way between San Fran and Sacramento. Blessings to all....many prayers have been answered for my sisters lately...praise Jesus!
I'm 44, remarried for 2 years, no kids on either side so no grandchildren, but I hope to be a "grandma" to the new neighbor's kids.....I need somebody to cook for! Have a great weekend.
Felicia

brokenblessings
06-23-02, 10:12 PM
Hi:) My name is Morgan and I'm a 19 y/o girl from IA. My testimony is like this:
When I was little, my mother was a christian...unfortunately, my father wasn't. Daddy was an alcoholic and suffered from bipolar disorder and became a source of fear and grief for my mother, making it hard for her to live for God. She took my sister and I to church regularly, but it wasn't until our lives were torn apart and we had no where else to turn that we finally accepted God as our savior....and my mother turned her life fully over to Him, once again. Our life was shattered into a billion pieces the day Daddy died...He killed himself. I hated him for a long time for that, and my mother struggled with thoughts of suicide herself, not knowing how to go on. Thankfully, she concluded that she couldn't do that to her girls...that she was the only one who could love us perfectly....she was right...well, almost. My mother re-married a couple of years later and we moved to a near-by town. My sister and I started going to a new school and I met a girl who became my best-friend. I, and eventually my sister also, began going to church with her. My mom, too, at our persuasion began coming, and eventually became a member. About a year after I started going there, I went to an A/G church camp, and gave my heart to Jesus. I could feel a difference, a peace in my spirit, but I didn't begin to change until a few years later. That's when God started teaching me the importance of obedience. I gave myself fully to Him, and despite the constant teasing, became a true Jesus freak and began sharing my faith boldly at school (and anywhere) whenever I got the chance:) Unfortunately, that high point in my relationship with God didn't last long. My mom was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer when I was 15...about a year later. I believed God for her healing for a year...then I "hit the wall" so to speak. I had gone to the altar to pray for her one day, and my pastor said something about how "after she died"...my sister and I could hang out at their house whenever we wanted. It was supposed to be an encouragement, but I took it as lack of faith...and I thought, "If pastor can't believe for her to be healed, how can I? --- The doctors had given her two months to live, and I became severly depressed and suicidal. I didn't feel like I could go on. Not if my mom was dying. How could I bear it? I struggled for the next year, until she died. I hated myself and habitually cut and harmed myself, as well as several stays at mental hospitals. It was just a few months ago that I began to give my life back to God. I have loved Him the entire time I was away, but I was so angry with Him for taking my mom that I couldn't bear to talk to Him. I came back to Him, and with open arms, he accepted me back (now that's amazing grace!) I am just now, with His loving help, getting back on my feet. He has forgiven me and blessed me beyond belief. My prayer is that no matter how hard life gets, I will never fall away from Him again. I have learned that God is sovereign...even though we don't understand it, He ALWAYS knows what He is doing. (Isaiah 55:8-9) Sometimes life is hard, sometimes it hurts so much that you feel like giving up...but we can't, because God has a plan. (Jeremiah 29:11) He will work all things together for the good of those who love Him! (Romans 8:28)

Hope to get to know all of you better:) Also, anyone is welcome to e-mail me if you'd like to know me better:)
God's blessings,
Forever at His feet,
Morgan
to read my full testimony/life story, click the link in my signature:)
(it's under the "author" link)

teachme_Lord
06-24-02, 04:08 AM
:) I ran across this board as I was wandering around. I'm a wife, mother, and grandmother. That's three ways to keep busy!:biggrin: I like people from eveywhere: all sizes, colors, & shapes. But if you're really overweight, maybe you should bring your own chair, so mine won't end up like Baby Bear's! :eek:

Well, I'm going to cut this short because I haven't looked at all the forums yet.

Remember:

God's truth is protection from Satan's lies!

Peace,

teachme_Lord

U R a Gr8 God
06-24-02, 04:24 AM
Hi Morgan

Your testimony touched me, and thousands of others I believe. My story is very similar to yours. I had a wonderful mother, she was my mother but more a friend. I love her still. My father also loved me very much, he actually worshiped me, and could never see any wrong in me. Now most of you will say that this is gr8, no it wasn't, cause instead of him blaming me for what I did wrong, he blamed Mom, telling her that it was her influence and bad parenting, (he was and still is an alcoholic). I confronted him many times, but he would always tell me to stay out of it cause it's got nothing to do with me???? I could never understand that? Anyway, one day my Mom got sick, we took her to the GP and he told her that she got bitten by a spider and that she would feel better soon, he said that he'll just keep her in the hospital for a day or two to check, she got worse and worse, a few days turned into a week. The GP realised he made a stuff-up and withdrew, he gave her over to another Doc who then realised that she had a vain that went open in her brain, it was leaking blood very slowely and could have been treated if noticed in time but, by the time this Doc came on the seen two weeks passed, and my Mom slipped into a comma, she was in a comma for a day, then died.

My father being an alcoholic just got worse, I just turned 20 and luckly got a job, my brother was left for the wolves so to speak cause my dad never looked after him, he just couldn't care less. So I took my brother under my wing and tried to look after him.

I was angry with the Lord for doing this to me, here I was a young male, in the prime of my life, having to cope with looking after my brother, not being able to go out on Friday nights, no BBQ's with friends, no girlfriends. I was frustrated and depressed.
And above all I carried this hate towards this GP who caused my mothers death through his negligence. My whole world and outlook on life was dark and hopeless. I tried to commit suicide twice, the last time was close enough to scare even me. The Lord then gave me the greatest gift I could ever ask for, LOVE.

I met my wife Janet, she was understanding, didn't mind having my brother around, and a christian, what more could I ask for? We got married a year after we met, we are going for our 4 year and have a sexy 1 year old girl. AND I will be her father and her friend, I will be to her what Jesus was for me, a helping hand in times of need, a shoulder to cry on, a ear to listen, arms to love and cuddle and a voice to encourage.

YES U R a GR8 GOD. Amen.

Never loose sight of Jesus, you might be angry, you might not understand, but LOVE conquers all, and GOD IS LOVE!

brokenblessings
06-24-02, 12:01 PM
U R a GR8 God :
(hope i got that right;))

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us. It is a great encouragement to know that I am not alone in my struggle!

To everyone:

It is important (for the sake of sanity) to remember that despite circumstances that may arise in our lives, God is still God, still sovereign, still all-loving, compassionate, merciful and forgiving. He loves us unconditionally. He shares in our sorrow. He never leaves us.

Praise the Lord who is always there. Despite our rebellion. Despite our sins. Despite our selfishness.

Praise the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth and all creation! Give glory to His name --- God is soooo good! He never fails! Even when we don't understand the why's of life.

Sitting at His feet,
Lavished in His love,

Morgan

SoloXian
06-26-02, 02:53 PM
another new poster here :D
it sounds like i've come to the right place to share my thoughts and feelings with other christians, i hope to get to know all of you soon.

Tricia
06-26-02, 04:02 PM
Yes you have. Welcome! :D

U R a Gr8 God
06-27-02, 02:47 AM
Hallo Soloxian

Yip, u came 2 the right place, welcome and u will surely not be solo on this forum, PROMISE!:angel:

Ditto
07-01-02, 08:13 PM
Just me in VA..... Looks like a good board....

Got Raptured? Leave a Message for those Left Behind (http://www.rapturewearshop.com)

Ronda Smith
07-04-02, 01:06 PM
Hi Everyone! My name is Ronda, I am married to Larry with two wonderful children, Cody (10) and Mandy (6). We live in Virginia and we travel throughout the state with a wonderful ministry through word and song. We all do the singin' and Larry does the preachin'.
I love to chat with fellow Christians and I am very happy to be a member.

God Bless You all!

~Ronda~:angel:

U R a Gr8 God
07-05-02, 02:51 AM
Hi Ronda, good to see you on the forum.
You are so blessed and I can see that you know it. May the peace, love and knowledge of the Holy Spirit anoint you in such a way that the people will hear angels sing when you sing. Hope to hear from you again.:angel:

All4him
07-06-02, 10:27 AM
Hello,
I'm new and just want to introduce myself. My name is Kim and I live in Fl. I'm a homemaker and mother of 2. Would love to get to know everyone seems like some real good stuff here to talk about.

Michele
07-06-02, 10:59 AM
Nice to meet you! I'm Michele from GA....hope you have a great time here!:)

Nicole
07-06-02, 11:57 AM
Welcome - I'm Nicole - hope you enjoy it here!

Bekagirl
07-19-02, 09:03 PM
:) Hey guys and girls!
My names Becky, im 16. I live in jersey, not the most fantastic place but I'll survive. I'm the oldest of three kids in my family. Mom and dad have been christians since I was born. Ive been going to the same church all my life. Its a great one, I think, though the attendace is floundering. Most of the people who go there are old, like my parents. But myself and a few other teens make up the youth group. I became a born again christian a month before my 16th birthday. I found this board while searching for christian message boards under dogpile. It is my attempt to promote lbtribforce.com. you should check out that site, it is mostly for spreading the name of Jesus Christ on the net, but also for promoting the second left behind movie. Speaking of left behind, I'm obsessed with it. I have all the books, the movie, the soundtrack...it was one of the things that brought me to the Lord. Another plus about it is Kirk Cameron...lol, hes a good role model..And hes cute, but already taken.
So enough about me, i probably bored you to sleep already, just wanted to say hi. cya later.
Becky
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

flameout
07-23-02, 10:52 PM
Hi gang, thought I would introduce myself, my name is Fred, I'm married (24 years now) and work for the USPS, no kids just a adorable little puppy. Heres my testimony on how I found the Lords love:
One night while waiting for the truck to arrive at
our office I was looking through the NOV mail, (which is mail thrown away,
because of people moving and not leaving a forward listed), we get hampers
fulls of it. Well I came across the first issue of the Left Behind series
Book. I was never a reader, a matter of fact I never could find anything
that held my interest long enough in print. Until I found this book, which I
feel now was a directive from our Lord, I could not put this down! It just
incompassed me to no end, and when I was done, my wife got involved in it, my
family and friends, we just couldn't get enough. Thanks to that day, both
the wife and I and everybody in line, have become born again Christians. We
read our Bible daily, and are so much more connected to the Lord in Prayer,
and thought, that we can't even believe how we ever got along without him
before that time...We both have made the crossover, and the feeling of
salvation that comes with it, is outstanding, we wouldn't give up the Lord
for anything...We have just come into listening and buying Christian music
(pop) through all the great sites as Familychrisitian, ChristianBook and the
rest. We are just drowning in the word of God and loving it to no end!

All we can say is Thank You God for showing us the way to the "Left Behind
series" and our new life in your love.

(www.lbtribforce.com) We are the Witness's from the Tribulation Force at the formentioned website, search Christian boards to show other people what we are all about and to centralize a meeting place for all Christians to meet, check us out.

fred

|x|
07-25-02, 04:25 AM
hey everyone, name's victor and i'm 20 years old. i'm from brownwood, tx, usa; but i joined the air force and told them i would like to be close to home. so..here i am! on ramstein air base in germany! lol, but that's okay, i've always wanted to take a trip to europe anyway. plus, i have a fiancee(31) (yeah i know i know-"11 years!?" lol, but i have no doubts she's the one for me. her name's violet, she's the most beautiful...oh! sorry! almost went off again, good thing i stopped myself, this post would've continued on forever!! lol. okay, well anyway we haven't set an exact date but we know it'll be another 5 or 6 months, maybe longer.. can't think of much else to write, i'm pretty much your average guy.. well, let me put it this way=has anyone else ever thought it would be cool to see dc talk do a christian song feat. eminem??..yeah..didn't think so.. lol, well peace out, i'm just rambling now!!
x

Kittycat
07-25-02, 05:25 PM
Hello there all y'all newbies!
the name is Cat and I reside in the Great Southern State of Texas/f/almost 15. Hope y'all stay and post lots we luv ta get new people here!
C-all o y'all around and about
~KiTtYcAt~

chezanne
07-29-02, 10:57 AM
Hi, all!

I've been looking for a good Christian message board, and I was so pleased to find this one. I love Jesus, and I'm looking forward to meeting other people that do as well.

Anne

Nicole
07-29-02, 11:55 AM
hey, welcome to the boards :)

I'm Nicole

Anne
07-29-02, 11:55 AM
Hi Anne, Welcome to ILJ! There are some very nice people here and some nutty ones to! LOL

God Bless, Anne

PS Obviously my name is Anne too. There is also another Ann who is a pastor and she is the moderator of the Ask the Pastor board. What is your middle name? Mine is Marie. We were also born less than a year apart! Dec. 29, 1971 Yeah!!!! Another '80s girl!!!

Michele
07-29-02, 04:40 PM
HI!

*waves*

nice to meet you!:)

Flannel Avenger
07-29-02, 06:02 PM
Hi! I reign supreme here, just so you know...

You know, maybe I should come up with a new intro...

How's this?

I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT!
I HAVE THE MOST POSTS IN ILJ HISTORY!
I AM THE FLANNEL AVENGER!!

Ashwee
07-29-02, 06:28 PM
:rofl: Stop that Flannel! You're going to scare her away!!!

Hello! Im Ashley, call me Ash, or Ashwee...

Im 15/F/Oklahoma!

Michele
07-29-02, 06:51 PM
so if you are flapping i guess you are a bat or some type of bird?

:confused:

Flannel Avenger
07-29-02, 06:53 PM
I can't win, can I?

Nicole
07-29-02, 06:56 PM
no

Michele
07-29-02, 06:59 PM
*high fives nicole*

i thought you said you won last night with the tickle machine, but i guess if you are renouncing that.....ok i can win:D

Flannel Avenger
07-29-02, 08:18 PM
No, you surrendered. Now I just have to figure out how to beat the rest of the women.

1 down, a billion to go...

Michele
07-29-02, 08:20 PM
i deny that claim!!!! i never officially surrendered! you'll have to do alot more than that to get me! i'm not ticklish anymore!!!:P

you dont have a chance, flannie!

Flannel Avenger
07-29-02, 08:24 PM
DISHONORABLE!

Michele
07-29-02, 08:27 PM
what is the deal with you and all caps?? you know i just surrendered to stroke your ego! i just wanted you to think you won! :D

*whatever you do just please dont tickle me.....*

BrianMiller
07-30-02, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Brian. I've been looking for a place online to fellowship and communicate with other Christians... Here I am!
I'm 24, and have just answered the call to be a pastor. I start classes this fall! :biggrin:
For the time being I still have to work full time as a mortgage loan processor, but as soon as I can call it a day there the better! I'm aching for a more positive environment where I can use my gifts and love of God for the right reasons.
I guess that sums me up - I look forward to talkin' to all of you!
--B--

Nicole
07-30-02, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Hope you enjoy it here - I'm Nicole - 19, from Georgia

chezanne
07-30-02, 12:17 PM
Hi, Brian!

Welcome!

I'm a newbie too - just joined yesterday! :D

Anne

Michele
07-30-02, 02:59 PM
Nice to meet you!

I'm Michele, 19, GA.....glad you are here!

:)

chezanne
07-31-02, 04:44 PM
I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT!
I HAVE THE MOST POSTS IN ILJ HISTORY!
I AM THE FLANNEL AVENGER!!

:eureka:
You stole (most of) that from the Toxic Revenger! Did you think we wouldn't know?!

;)

Flannel Avenger
07-31-02, 07:44 PM
I DID NO SUCH THING!!!

I stole it from Darkwing Duck... :angel:

Kittycat
07-31-02, 10:08 PM

I remember that show!!! I used to love it to death!!!

sunshinegirl
08-02-02, 11:45 AM
I just registered and I though I'd introduce myself

my name is Bobbie, I'm 17 years old and I live in Southern New England. I've been a Christian since I was 4 years old. I'm an aspiring writer and I love animals and playing cards. :)

I loved Darkwing Duck too :biggrin:

brown_eyes
08-02-02, 07:20 PM
well, i just wanted to introduce myself, my real name is michelle
i'm married for 10 years, got 2 children /boys , a christian, with strong beliefs, fun loving, looking forward to getting to know ya'll:)

nikkiana
08-03-02, 01:24 AM
Hello there, I'm Nikkiana. I'm an 18 year old female from New Hampshire. I've been saved for a little bit over a year now. I attend a nondenominational church. I'm going to be a college student in about a month, I'm uncertain what I should do with my life, so I'm currently going to be in the General Studies program. I enjoy playing guitar, singing, writing songs, blogging, reading, writing and meeting new people!

Preacher65
08-03-02, 09:22 PM
I am new and would like to talk with any one who feels they are being ostracized by the Church for the way they voted in the 2000 election. I have suffered a great deal of pain because of this.
I am thankful this is the biggest sin they found to hold against me!

I also love to talk about the goodness of our wonderful Lord, Jesus Christ.

My favorite scripture is,
Job 3:17 There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest.

Favorite Motto
One life will soon be past, only what is done for Christ will last!

chezanne
08-06-02, 12:50 PM

:slaps forehead: How could I have forgotten Darkwing Duck?! :dunce:

Oh well. Back to the topic: welcome, new people!!

Breni Sue
08-11-02, 01:09 AM
I think it's time to finally fire up a new intro thread. This one's getting pretty long! ;)

PS - The last 6 posts from this thread have been transferred into that one.