PDA

View Full Version : Christian emo, if there is such a thing

Arabesque
04-14-02, 08:00 PM
A few months after I asked about Christian rock bands, I started getting into emo. I don't know if there are any Christian emo bands even, but I thought I'd ask. I know some people in emo bands are Christians ... like the lead singer of Juliana Theory ... but I want to know if there's any that sing about their faith. Um, some emo bands I listen to now are Saves the Day, Alkaline Trio, Dashboard Confessional, Get Up Kids, Further Seems Forever, basically anyone on Vagrant Records ...

I know emo is largely characterized by guys whining about girl problems, so I'm not even sure there is a Christian emo scene ... but just anything in that sort of pop-punk style is good.

Also, if any of you have heard Thursday ... does anyone know a band that sounds similar to them?

Thank you. :)

Orpheus42
04-14-02, 09:20 PM
I bumped another thread up for ya that might help :)

Nampula
04-15-02, 05:26 PM
FSF actually have some Christian messages, at least from what i've heard on the moon is down...

Chris B
04-20-02, 12:43 PM
I didn't know there were any non-christian emo bands. No, seriously, emo is very alive and well in the christian scene. Check out Cruiser Weight. I think Further Seems Forever and Dashboard Confessional are also Christian, but i try too hard not to listen to them to be sure.

There is only one thing that annoys me more than an emo band... and that is Blink-182.

Laury
04-20-02, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Chris B
There is only one thing that annoys me more than an emo band... and that is Blink-182.

they're punk/pop punk, my friend ;)

Chris B
04-20-02, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Toodles4JC

they're punk/pop punk, my friend ;) I know it. And yet, I still don't like they're music.

Barney
04-23-02, 04:54 AM
emo is cool! I used to play in an emo band. We were punk, then ska, then a ska/punk combo now emo.....but i don't play with them anymore coz i didn't have enough time :(

emo...is cool!

:biggrin:

Chris B
04-23-02, 06:01 PM
I know how it goes...

Thrash --> [gain some talent] --> Punk --> [gain more talent and some horns] --> Ska --> [lose the horns] --> Punk/Ska --> [get tired of punk] --> Straight-edge/Hardcore --> --> [b]Emo

As you can see, Ska is peak of musical talent, while Emo is the horrible fate of all bands :D