PDA

View Full Version : New Bad Religion song...

Chris B
04-10-02, 04:24 PM
Well, I just had my youth pastor and two Christian friends ask me if I've heard the new Bad Religion song. They said it was really good. That surprises me, because all the Bad Religion songs I'm familiar with lump God, government, and war in the same category... and are usually very cynical towards the bible.

I think the song was called something like "Sorrows", has anybody heard it?

Candice
04-10-02, 05:21 PM
haven't heard it don't really care to hear it either...

one of my friends got me hooked on the flectones though... they have a bass solo of amazing grace that is just awesome!

Orpheus42
04-10-02, 08:01 PM
Victor Wooten is da' man!

Kittycat
04-10-02, 08:11 PM
Just for grins!
WHO???

btw- AAAAAHHH another new post AAAAAHHHH:eek:

Orpheus42
04-10-02, 08:19 PM
Victor Wooten- bass player for the Flecktones.

Their sax player, Jeff Coffin, can play two horns at once :eek:

Kittycat
04-10-02, 08:23 PM
uh huh I have never heard of them
how can he play two?

Orpheus42
04-10-02, 08:34 PM
I have NO idea. Saw 'em live, though, man it was awesome.

Kittycat
04-10-02, 08:37 PM
Coolness.

Orpheus42
04-10-02, 08:41 PM
yeah :biggrin:

Candice
04-10-02, 08:42 PM
in that bass solo he ended up bending a harmonic!!!

Orpheus42
04-11-02, 09:22 AM
I know! And when I saw Flecktones in Lexington, Kentucky he played parts of a Beethoven piano sonata on bass. It was simply awesome.

Chris B
04-11-02, 11:39 AM
in that bass solo he ended up bending a harmonic!!!Oh thats too bad, I hope he gets better soon. Wait, what did he bend?

Candice
04-11-02, 05:56 PM
they are all a trip~

VG8XP80
04-12-02, 04:27 AM
How did he bend a harmonic? Did he just grab a tuning key or something? They don't make whammy bar bridges on basses do they? I've got a friend who has a DVD of Victor playing and teaching at some "Bass Day". He plays the Amazing Grace solo on it. I'll have to ask my friend how he did it, unless of course one of you can tell me.

There were three of us in college who had an idea of working up a Flecktones song and performing it for talent night. That's as far as it got though, just an idea. That would have been so much fun. I can't even remember what song it was anymore, but it was a medium-hard piece, which would have been plenty hard enough for me. My banjo isn't all that great, but it'd have been fun to try.

Orpheus42
04-12-02, 12:30 PM
I'd like to work up my banjo chops this summer and maybe try and play in the pickin' and fiddlin' contest.

I tried to figure out how Coffin does the two sax thing, but it didn't work out so well :rofl:

Arabesque
04-12-02, 06:57 PM
I've heard "Sorrow" ... when I first heard the name Bad Religion, I thought they would be a sort of anti-Christian band, but then I saw the first part of "Sorrow" on a commercial for their CD ... there was a line with something like, "Father, can you hear me? How have I let you down?" And he's looking up towards the sky. So, I was confused for a while - there's definitely a religious theme, I just haven't listened to the lyrics closely enough to determine which way they're going on that one. As far as a song, musically ... I think it's good.

Nampula
04-14-02, 06:39 PM
woah, how did a correlation between bela fleck and bad religion come about?

and, i'll check out that BR song since it seems like none of you guys want to.. i'd be surprised if it were pro-Christian, though...

Candice
04-14-02, 10:07 PM
well i know what you can bend a harmonic by taking the string and bending the string after you hit the harmonic the only difference between the harmonic and a normal pitch bend is that the string isn't touching the fret when you bend it as a harmonic

jase :rofl:

Nampula
04-16-02, 12:41 AM
Bad Religion

Sorrow

Father can you hear me?

How have I let you down?

I curse the day that I was born

And all the sorrow in this world.

---

Let me take you to the herding ground

Where all good men are trampled down

Just to settle a bet that could not be won

Between a father and his son.

---

Will you guide me now, for I can't see

A reason for this suffering and this long misery

What if every living soul was upright and strong

Well then I do imagine

---

That there will be (sorrow)

Yeah there will be (sorrow)

And there will be, sorrow, no more

---

When all soldiers lay their weapons down

Or when all kings and all queens relinquish their crowns

Or when the only true messiah (SHAKIRA) rescues us from ourselves

It's easy to imagine

---

That there will be (sorrow)

And there will be, sorrow, no more

---

There will be (sorrow)

And there will be, sorrow, no more!

Ashwee
05-06-02, 01:47 AM
Or when the only true messiah (SHAKIRA) rescues us from ourselves

Why did ya say Shakira there? Or is that in the lyrics??

My boyfriend listens to it... I havent heard them before, but the name I dont like. The lyrics to Sorrow dont seem bad though... even kinda pro-Christian instead of Anti-Christian.

Nampula
05-14-02, 02:42 AM
haha, i don't know why it says shakira... i just copy/pasted from the site where i got it..