PDA

View Full Version : Is JEHOVAH the Sacred name of the Father or is Jesus refered to as it also?

Eternix
04-09-02, 01:45 PM
I have always thought of God, the Father, as JEHOVAH, and the Son as JESUS, and They have their seperate names because JESUS is the Son. But recently in fact not long ago, JEHOVAH said to me, "Call me by My name, JEHOVAH." I feel in the Spirit that that was the Father, then HE, said, "My Glory will I not give to another." HE is JEHOVAH the FATHER, HE speaks in HIS GREAT POWER, to HIS people, He is the LORD God. And know ye not everytime you see "LORD" and not "Lord" in the bible, LORD is JEHOVAH. LORD appears countlessly in the Old Testament, where as there is a difference between, LORD and Lord, even in Psalms 110:1 its, The LORD says to my Lord, (David spoke of the Father in saying LORD, and the Son in saying Lord) sit thou on My right hand until I make Thy enemies Thy footstool. So it comes down to this, Jesus called the Father His God in the book of Revelations, because the Father is ELOHIM and JEHOVAH, which is YAHWEH or YHWH.

Praise JEHOVAH, JESUS, and HOLY GHOST
JEHOVAH IS THE FATHER

Eternix

Orpheus42
04-09-02, 07:48 PM
What? :confused:

Breni Sue
04-10-02, 02:49 AM
Well, if we want to get technical, "Yeshua" is the Hebrew word for "Jesus". So it should be "Yahweh, Yeshua, and Holy Spirit". (I don't know the word for Holy Spirit! ;) )

On another note, "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" is used by some to argue that the God of the OT and the God of the NT are 2 differerent Gods. But I won't start in on that discussion! ;)

Can you elaborate a bit on your post, Eternix? Are you saying that Jesus and God are not one and the same, or that they are merely referred to by different names? :confused:

Caretaker
04-10-02, 08:56 AM
XIX. Is Jesus Yahweh (Jehovah)?

A. Jeremiah 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD (Yahweh), "That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. 6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD (Yahweh) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Caretaker
04-10-02, 11:25 AM
II. Who is God?

A. God

1. Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!
2. John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and
Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
3. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man
Christ Jesus,
4. Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have
chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me
there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.
5. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and
power, Both now and forever. Amen.

B. Jesus

1. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an
understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His
Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
2. Hebrews 1:8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A
scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
3. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall
be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty
God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

III. Who is the Lord of lords?

A. God

1. Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great
God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.
2. Psalms 136:1-4 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth
for ever. 2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give
thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. 4 To him who alone doeth
great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 17:14 "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome
them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called,
chosen, and faithful."

IV. Who is the Savior?

A. God

1. Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.
2. 1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
3. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and
power, Both now and forever. Amen.

B. Jesus

1. Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and
Savior Jesus Christ,
2. 2 Peter 1:11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting
kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
3. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior
of the world.

V. Who is I AM?

A. God

1. Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall
say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

B. Jesus

1. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I
AM."

VI. Who is the Holy One?

A. God

1. Isaiah 48:17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the
LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
2. Psalms 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
3. Isaiah 43:15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
4. Isaiah 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and
such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that
smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
5. Isaiah 17:7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect
to the Holy One of Israel.
6. Isaiah 29:19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among
men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

B. Jesus

1. Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of
Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
2. Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine
Holy One to see corruption.
3. Acts 3:14-15 "But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to
be granted to you, 15 "and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of
which we are witnesses.

VII. Who is the Shepherd?

A. God

1. Psalms 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. Ezekiel 34:11-12 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my
sheep, and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is
among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them
out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

B. Jesus

1. Matthew 25:31-32 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy
angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be
gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd
divideth his sheep from the goats:
2. John 10:11,14 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the
sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Orpheus42
04-10-02, 12:32 PM
I wrote a 31 page paper for my Gospels class this semester about the divine identity of Christ in the Gospel of Mark, if anyone's interested in reading it (I sure ain't posting it all here :rofl: ) email me.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Breni Sue
04-10-02, 02:18 PM
Excellent posts there, Drew! I wasn't even gonna bother! ;)