PDA

View Full Version : Third Day's new album

Bohrdumb
03-27-02, 03:05 PM
Very awesome. I had to listen to it a few times to get a good taste for it, but it is asgood as anything they've done.
"Show me your glory," and "When the rain comes" are both excellent tracks.

sarah4Jesus
03-27-02, 11:49 PM
In my humble opinion...Third Day's new album is the best one of their's yet! I absolutely loved it! :D When the Rain comes is one of my fav.'s...............it's awesome!

Candice
03-28-02, 01:57 AM
I don't have their newest album but I did enjoy their last praise and worship album quite a bit and I just saw them in concert... they did a very good show. I love their songs.... I've heard most of the new album even though i don't own it yet.

Orpheus42
03-28-02, 03:54 AM
Oddly enough, When the Rain Comes was my least favorite track off the album. The message was great, and I dug the melody even, but I thought most of the background music was pure cheese.

My favorite tracks off that album... it's hard to say, I love the whole album so much. 40 Days has had a lot of meaning for me this semester, as has I Don't Know. Nothing Compares is also a great tune, and I love the meter changes in... can't remember the name, the next-to-last song, Sing Praises or something like that. I'm also a big fan of I Got You, now THAT'S a departure from their normal style.

Offerings is still my favorite album by them, though.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

sarah4Jesus
03-28-02, 03:20 PM
I guess, for me... When the Rain comes is one of my favorites because I first heard that song in the heat of a pretty fierce spiritual "storm" in my life.. and the words.. hit me hard. I'm bad sometimes (or good which ever way you look at it) at basing my fav. songs and what I write.. on emotions....

40 days, was also a great one.. along with several others.. I know that I personally can't WAIT to see what they do with this album live.. only a few more weeks! :D

Orpheus42
03-28-02, 03:29 PM
Awesome!!! You HAVE to get me a copy of the set list, I would LOVE to see what they do with it. I was disappointed at their last show I saw 'cause they didn't do anything hardly off their self-titled album :(

But they did bring back Love Song. Now they need to bring back Nothing at All and Yesterday, Today, and Forever :cool:

The first time I saw them they did These Thousand Hills, THAT was sweet. I'd rather see them do that and the aforementioned two songs from the self-titled album than Took My Place, but I was stoked that they added Never Bow Down and Alien last time. Never Bow Down is like a real tear-jerker for me, with my involvement in prayer for the persecuted church and that kind of stuff. Alien- well, it was just cool to hear another song from Conspiracy. I really wish they'd bring back Thief too, and.... ok, so they could play for 3 hours and not satisfy me ;)

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Candice
03-28-02, 04:48 PM
yeah no kidding

Orpheus42
03-28-02, 04:55 PM
There's been a lot of stuff in this thread you could have said "yeah no kidding" to ;)

Candice
03-28-02, 07:22 PM
that was to the whole they could play for three hours and not satify me thing... :)