PDA

View Full Version : Jesus

Tinky
03-23-02, 10:16 PM
My brother was told by his preacher that Jesus returned to earth 70 A.D. I have never heard that. Can you explain?

Orpheus42
03-23-02, 10:23 PM
Hey, this isn't the board for that, I'm going to move you to the Christian Fellowship forum.

It sounds as if his preacher is a preterist- that he believes the whole of the Bible's end-times teaching was fulfilled with the fall of Jerusalem. This is a wide-spread view. Perhaps later I will have time to respond more fully and to tell you why I think this view is incorrect.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Flannel Avenger
03-23-02, 10:25 PM
I imagine it has something to do with a view of the tribulation that some people hold to. They believe that the Great Tribulation that Revelation speaks of is a past event rather than a future event, and place the Abomination of Desolation (The desecration of the Jewish temple by the anti-christ) to be the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. by the Romans. Although I am at a loss to explain why anybody would say that Jesus returned in 70 A.D. as the Abomination of Desolation occurs at the midpoint of the 7 year tribulation and Jesus returns at the end.

For the record, I hold that the Tribulation is a future event and that the Second Coming of Christ will be after that.

Ann
03-24-02, 08:31 PM
Flannel can I be hearing things correctly, that you and Jason have a somewhat major point of doctrinal agreement and that it is one which I agree with also?

Flannel Avenger
03-24-02, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure. Me greeing with Jason on the End Times could almost be considered a sign of the End Times ;)

Nicole
03-24-02, 08:54 PM
:rofl:

Orpheus42
03-24-02, 09:38 PM
We both agree that the guy Tinky is talking about is wrong, I think that's where it ends. ;)

We have a few major doctrinal agreements though, I would say- more than we have disagreements, at least. ;)

Something about this guy named Jesus, and a cross... empty tomb... something like that.

:angel:

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Flannel Avenger
03-24-02, 10:07 PM
Good point.

Ashwee
03-24-02, 11:59 PM
Haha... I can see the prophecy now... and before Jesus came, there was an agreement between an avenger of fabric, and a psychic ninja moderator...... J/k

Vinnie
03-25-02, 07:33 PM
Post trib, pre mil ;)

Vinnie
03-25-02, 07:36 PM
Something about this guy named Jesus, and a cross... empty tomb... something like that.

I heard a little about some of that stuff in my day. Something like that ;)

Breni Sue
03-26-02, 01:49 AM
Something about this guy named Jesus, and a cross... empty tomb... something like that.Can you elaborate on that for those of us unfamiliar with this discussion? We could open up a new thread for it if you like. :)