PDA

View Full Version : joe-might have leg amputated (hopefully not)

angel collector
03-19-02, 11:43 AM
joe- might have leg amputated (hopefully not)
he was skateboarding and cut his shin on a rusty barrel, he thought he was fine until he woke up Tuesday morn, all pumped to ride and his shin was swollen like a plump tomato. So we took him to the hospital and turns out he has a serious infection...gang greenish thing...actually called cellulitis but he's in total pain... They got him pretty well drugged up on antibiotics and pain relievers. He's pretty darn bummed. also his sister told me that its not looking to good right now he is barely walking and thats with crutches, which basically means hes having a hard time getting to the bathroom, she also said that the doctors arent sure if they will have to amputate his leg or not but they all think if it gets worse they might have to.....but if y'all could toss up a few prayers that would be cool.

also he needs to make a full recovery cuz god blessed him to be able to minister to teens that skateboard and has gotten a bunch of kids to start going to our church through gettting to be skating buddies with him i mean thats his life and it means alot to him and he is the most loved youth leader at our church with the guys and girls, so please pray for him

sorry that just made me cry :(

andrea
vinnie this hurts as me as much as anyone in my youth group but i honestly know that he means alot to me.

:wah: :(

Vinnie
03-19-02, 12:26 PM
wow. thats a sad situation. i hope he doesn't have to get his leg amputated :(

the most fitting scripture i can think of is Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

you said he was blessed to minister so regardless of what happens God will work it all out.

Keep us updated :(

Vinnie
03-21-02, 11:19 PM
hey, how's he doing?

angel collector
03-22-02, 11:01 AM
Joe's doing well...he's still on crutches but
his leg is healing..slowly but surely....:biggrin: :D :biggrin:

Vinnie
03-22-02, 12:13 PM
woohoo!!!!!! :D :biggrin: