PDA

View Full Version : We're being invaded!

Breni Sue
03-14-02, 04:09 AM
OK, I didn't know where else to post this, because it's not really wacky, and it's not really Christ-related (who knows, it might be a bit of both!), and y'all will probably think we're insane anyway, but here goes ;) :

Outside our door right now in the sky there is this....blinking thing. It's not an airplane, and it doesn't really look like a star. And I don't think it's a star getting ready to burn out, because I've seen those before, and I've never seen this sort of thing. But it keeps flashing different colors and just sits there. And then out of the blue it will zip back and forth and go right back to the spot it was before. Kevin saw the same thing about a week or so ago, and it is really weird. I kid you not. Is there a logical explanation to this? Are we both out of our minds, or what? We've ruled out every possibilty we can think of. Man, I wish I had my Dad's telescope right now so I could see it up close!

Or maybe I should just stop my nonsensical yapping and go to bed, LOL! ;)

Multimom
03-14-02, 01:50 PM
And if there's life on other planets I'm sure that He must know. And He's been there once already and died to let them know."

He's an unidentified flying object, you will see Him in the air. He's an unidentified flying object and they will drop their hands and stare.

Breni:

We never really know: the truth is out there. :eek:

butterfly
03-14-02, 05:56 PM
A sattelite perhaps? But then it wouldn't move around. I don't know.....if it's really bugging you, you could try calling NASA. Hehe, I watched an episode of the X-Files once where this one scientist was investigating the possibility that UFO's were actually swarms of insects, I thought that was a intriguing theory. ;)

grandpa
03-14-02, 07:24 PM
:angel: Hi Mizz Breni: Grandpa here. You are not wacky or just seeing things. There is more out there unexplainable than we know.

In John 10-16 we read "And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd." What fold was Jesus talking about?? I am sure that I do not know. It would be nice if you hac a nice video camera with a powerful zoom lens. Keep on looking up. Agape. Grandpa.:) :D :biggrin: :cool:

Vinnie
03-14-02, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Kyrie Eleison
OK, I didn't know where else to post this, because it's not really wacky, and it's not really Christ-related (who knows, it might be a bit of both!), and y'all will probably think we're insane anyway, but here goes ;) :

Outside our door right now in the sky there is this....blinking thing. It's not an airplane, and it doesn't really look like a star. And I don't think it's a star getting ready to burn out, because I've seen those before, and I've never seen this sort of thing. But it keeps flashing different colors and just sits there. And then out of the blue it will zip back and forth and go right back to the spot it was before. Kevin saw the same thing about a week or so ago, and it is really weird. I kid you not. Is there a logical explanation to this? Are we both out of our minds, or what? We've ruled out every possibilty we can think of. Man, I wish I had my Dad's telescope right now so I could see it up close!

Or maybe I should just stop my nonsensical yapping and go to bed, LOL! ;)

A tower off in the distance? Is it near the horizon? Gas and heat can do funky stuff there vision-wise. What is the right ascension and declination of the unknown object?

Flannel Avenger
03-14-02, 10:13 PM
It was a weather balloon ;)

Breni Sue
03-15-02, 01:06 AM
Nah, I don't think it's a tower. The 1st night we noticed it, it was in the western sky and kept bobbing in and out of the trees. Last night it was in the eastern sky kind of high up. But this time there was also another one a tad more toward the southeast, doing the same thing. (blinking different colors, zipping back and forth, etc..) Kevin emailed my uncle and told him to be on the lookout for it and let us know if he sees anything in his telescope. Alas, tonight is a cloudy night so we will just have to wait and see if it reappears another time.

Orpheus42
03-16-02, 10:50 AM
Swamp gas ;)

Breni Sue
03-16-02, 03:00 PM
Except we don't have any swamps around here. :stinkeye: :p

I think it's the government playing cruel tricks on us. :umm:

More updates on this "mystery object" as they become available....

Orpheus42
03-16-02, 06:27 PM
I was being slightly facetious :p

Barney
03-16-02, 07:30 PM
If it gets too near.....run!!! they do terrible things....! :sick:

ILoveApologetics
03-19-02, 02:58 AM
It's just the USAF testing their newest toy. Nothing to be afraid of. ;) :D

Orpheus42
03-19-02, 09:18 AM
Move along, folks- nothing to see here! :angel:

Vinnie
03-19-02, 12:27 PM
Sorry folks, I was contacted privately by a government official and I have to lock this thread :umm:

:rofl: