PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Seeking Freedom from Anorexia

Unregistered
03-03-02, 06:53 AM
Although I am not skeletal-looking,I THINK I may've become slightly anorexic... and this is taking my life apart. I think it's become a spiritual issue even... I'm v obsessed when it comes to food, eating and I also think I exercise excessively. I am v desperate. I want to recover but I'm afraid to. What if I put on weight once I start eating "properly"? I know God has made me wonderfully and beautifully, but that does not seem to help... I'm so desperate to talk to someone. But I find I can't even trust my peers nor Christian sisters... my reason is, if I confess to them I had been reducing my calorie intake and specifically carbohydrates, what if they follow, or r tempted to? I don't want to stumble them. And I think perhaps I'm also afraid they may become slimmer than me... I'm so selfish right? I feel like I'm going crazy. I keep asking God to send me someone right to talk to - a Christian dietitian/nutritionist sounds ideal - but it's not happened yet. How do I deal? I can't let it get worse till I become really skeletal! The reason why I'm typing here only shows my desperation... I'm really screaming for help inside..... Somebody pls help...

butterfly
03-03-02, 06:14 PM
Father, I ask for healing for this person. Release her from the bonds of anorexia and give her a freedom like she's never felt before. I also pray that you would lead her to professional help and people who can help her heal. In your awesome name we pray,
Amen

grandpa
03-03-02, 08:27 PM
:angel: :wah: Father, I come in Jesus Name and ask for Total Healing for this Hurting person. Fill this person with Your Holy Spirit of Wisdom, Insight, and Understanding. Give them the Peace that passes all understanding. Father, Guide this person to a good Christian Counsellor and a Spirit Filled Church Family. Bless with people who can minister in Jesus Name. Rebuke the devil out of this persons life. Lord Jesus come close and bless greatly. Agape. Grandpa.

My Dearest Young Person: Do not just go away. Keep us informed. We care. Agape. Grandpa. :)

Marilyn
03-03-02, 08:32 PM
Yes Lord! Open these eyes and this heart to the deliverance and freedom that You provide. Take this life deeply into Your Word to learn and grow and be nurtured in Your love and peace! in Jesus' name.

Ann
03-04-02, 12:24 AM
Father thank You for desperation for desperation leads to action. Thank You for giving this person the courage to post and ask for help. Please open their heart and mind to receive the help they need. Please give even more courage to call a local help line number where they are or reach out to mental health or to a Christian counseling service. Please give them too a realization of Your love for them and of the fact that You love them just as they are. We can none of us be perfect enough to earn Your love while we were yet sinners Jesus died for us and You acepted His sacrifice as the full price of every wrong that we have done. Please help this person to fully receive that love and sacrifice and the salvation and deliverence that comes with Your forgiveness. Thank You.

Hello and welcome to ilj.
We have had several posts about annorexia and bullemia on the Ask board. There is a new one there now. Maybe you will see something that can help you.