PDA

View Full Version : Update on Vinnie

markmierz
02-25-02, 08:32 PM
I visited Vinnie today.

He is still in intensive care, but was able to talk. The episode occured late Friday night, so he’s been in the hospital for three days now.

The bullet destroyed his colon and went through his kidney. Just this morning the bullet was removed.

They were able to repair the colon to some extent and the kidney should be able to heal in time. His body temperature is fluctuating between 101 to 104 degrees. He was able to talk, but you could tell he was in pain.

The doctors said if the bullet went a half inch in any other direction, he would have been killed.

Anyone interested in sending him a card, address it to:

Vinnie Sapone
St. Mary's Hospital
56 Franklin St
Waterbury, CT 06706

Even though it’s hard to see through all this, I know that God is involved in this whole situation. I am confident that we will see God’s hands as things unfold.

Thanks for your concern,

Mark

Orpheus42
02-25-02, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted, bro.

Nicole
02-25-02, 08:42 PM
Thank you for the update - and the address.

Yes, God will be seen through this - I can already see Him in the fact that he is well.

thank you Father for placing Your hand on Vinnie's life..

butterfly
02-26-02, 01:51 AM
Thank-you soooo much for the update!

svensky
02-26-02, 04:06 PM
Vinnie got shot ?!?!?!!?!?!

Is there a thread that says what happened ? I must have missed it.

It is good to hear that he is doing well, Do you have an address for cards and stuff that will arrive after he gets out of hospital (unless he is likely to be there for a couple of weeks/months) .

I will pray for his speedy recovery, and an opportuinity to witness to others in ICU.

Jason

Nicole
02-26-02, 05:12 PM
see the "vinnie (ilgwamh) is in the hospital" thread posted by Mark Mierz - it's at the top of the forum..stickied

Silverback
03-02-02, 06:28 PM
Well, anyone who talks to Vinnie, please convey my wishes for his fast recovery.

Lee
03-03-02, 12:09 AM
Im very sorry to hear the news, hoping for a complete recovery and if anyone talks to him let him know were praying for him!