PDA

View Full Version : What gifts of the Spirit does everyone have?

Eternix
02-25-02, 01:20 PM
I know for a fact that I have:

-gifts of healing

This may be a weird example, but my fish was getting ready to die and it had a blood clot in it's nose and it was flowing like it had no control and was on it's last fin. So I begin to pray in the Spirit and I begin to say, Spirit of God move upon the face of the water and I blow with my breath upon the water and I came back an hour and a half later, the clot was gone and the fish was swimming in strength like nothing ever happened. Thank You Holy Spirit! And my Mothers foot was hurting 2 weeks ago and a laid hands on it and it stopped, WHOO!! Go ahead GOD!

-working of miracles

The above paragraph can bear witness, those were miracles!

-prophecy

Various things have happened in the past, I prophesied by the Spirit.

-discerning of spirits

I can look at someone and feel there spirit if the spirit they hath is the Holy Spirit I can feel, and if they have evil spirits I can feel evil or sometimes I get headaches because of their presence.

-divers kinds of tongues

I speak in tongues several times daily, it's so deep to speak the language of the Holy Ghost!

-interpretation of tongues

I've interpreted before but it's not too common.

-Pastoral Anointing

I can shake peoples hands at church and they'll be slain in the Spirit or begin to shout(Holy Dance)thats very deep. I have also been prophesied to be a Preacher.

Those are most of them, but I glory not in myself, but in the Most Holy God and His Holy Child Jesus and the Holy Ghost for all the gifts I have been given and in using them I glory the same in God.

What are your gifts from the Spirit?

Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
Receive your gifts from the Holy Spirit

Eternix:angel:

E-Nygma
02-25-02, 01:43 PM
My question is....
What are you doing here?

If you have all these gifts why aren't you visiting the hospitals and healing everyone in them?

Multimom
02-25-02, 01:59 PM
E-nygma:

Please be sure to word your posts carefully. This could have been perceived as "taunting".

Thanks

Eternix
02-25-02, 02:01 PM
I can't do everything, I am only one person yet God has given me various gifts and I'll use them when directed by the Spirit. I can't heal unless led by the Spirit of God, there is no me where these gifts are concerned.

Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
I am a trumpet and the Holy Ghost plays me

Eternix:angel:

E-Nygma
02-25-02, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Multimom
E-nygma:

Please be sure to word your posts carefully. This could have been perceived as "taunting".

Thanks

You are correct. I apologize.

However, assuming that one does have the gifts of healings and miracles, it would stand to reason that God would be glorified more by the one claiming to have the gifts to go to those needing the healings and miracles, than to hold back those healings from those who need them and claiming that they aren't directed by the Holy Spirit. The latter presupposes that the Holy Spirit doesn't want to glorify God. Which would glorify God more, the closure of a hospital due to God's healing ability, or the "healing" of a footache that can't be verified?

Scripture says that Jesus healed everyone who came to Him. Everyone, not just those who had headaches and hangnails. Jesus restored sight, made the lame to walk, the dumb to speak, restored withered limbs, reattached severed body parts, etc... The apostles did the same.

God doesn't just soothe a sore foot, a massage will do that. God restores empty eye sockets, restores missing limbs and digits, strengthens feeble limbs and the like.

What would glorify God more, a relieved headache, or a restored amputated arm? Something subjective, or something that can be verified? If I came in the Emergency Room carrying my arm in my other hand, and one restored it by mere touch, how could that not glorify God more than taking away a pain that aspirin could do?

One may say faith not evidence, but you forget that the majority don't have faith, that is why they are unsaved. Undisputed evidence may be all they need to push them over the edge into faith.

Breni Sue
02-26-02, 12:03 AM
Hey guys!

I'm going to ask that you all please refrain from debate and stick with the question that Eternix originally asked. I am assuming that he started this thread with the intention of allowing everyone to share what their own spiritual gifts are. So let us try and not make this about questioning anyone's gifts or gifts in general, alright? :)

Thanks!

HeatherlyButterfly
02-26-02, 05:37 AM
hello eternix! i'm not completely sure about the accuracy of the little 'test' i took. but from the results and the ways in which they relate to my life, i'd be inclined to go along with them. My strongest is Mercy. Seeing as how i'm called to be a missionary to the orphaned children of India, i think this is a good thing. I also have the gifts of hospitality and music. also a good thing to have as a missionary. i'm pleased with what God has given me and how He's starting to reveal His plan for me step by little baby step.

welcome to ILJ. hope you enjoy your stay!

trixiepup
02-26-02, 06:36 PM
i don't think i really have any spiritual gifts right now.

Old John
02-26-02, 07:34 PM
One thing I know for sure. The gifts are given to the body not the believer. That is why they are to be combined and validated with love? They flow through the believer, not to the believer! We are filled to be poured out! Every vessel has a purpose and use! Prophets do not prophesy to themselves. Its wonderful to have something to give to those you love!

Orpheus42
02-28-02, 12:45 AM
Trix- what can you do? You have to be good at something.

What I mean by that is... people get so caught up in thinking gifts have all these elaborate explanations and people that have them are so holy and all... when the greatest gifts we have are simply the things we can do.

From my past experience with you, I'd say you have a lot of compassion.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Tricia
03-09-02, 10:35 PM
I believe I have the gifts of exhortation, service, knowledge, teaching and prophecy.

Prophecy- not so much as telling the future, but reading the Bible with clarity and telling others what it says.

HelenSL
03-10-02, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by trixiepup
i don't think i really have any spiritual gifts right now.

*HUGZZ*

The best way to know, sometimes, is ask other believers.

If you think you have none then it's not as if they can disappoint you with their answers :) - but really, I'm sure you'd find they'd agree on certain things that the LORD has especially given you more than He's given other people.

Anyway, remember what Jesus said "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" :) (Matthew 5)

love
Helen

HelenSL
03-10-02, 07:03 AM
Hi Tricia :)

If you have all those gifts that's great and watch out also because the LORD will expect you to use them! :D

love
Helen

HelenSL
03-10-02, 07:07 AM
Eternix

I don't know how one tells the difference between "I have the gift of healing" and "I prayed for someone to be healed and God answered my prayer".

And maybe it doesn't matter as long as He gets all the glory. I'm glad He healed your fish and your Mom. :)

love
Helen

Tricia
03-10-02, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by HelenSL
Hi Tricia :)

If you have all those gifts that's great and watch out also because the LORD will expect you to use them! :D

love
Helen

Yep, and I can't wait.

:)

~Tricia

HelenSL
03-10-02, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Tricia

Yep, and I can't wait.

:)

~Tricia

Then it sounds like I'd better pray He gives you patience along with all those gifts! :biggrin:

love
Helen