PDA

View Full Version : vinnie (Iljwamh) in hospital!

markmierz
02-24-02, 07:02 PM
I am a former teacher of Vinnie, I am asking you to pray for Vinnie.

I went to visit him today, but they were not accepting visitors.
If you want any further details you may e-mail me at m.mierzejewski@snet.net

Here's the news story.
(BTW, St Mary's Hospital is in Waterbury, CT.)

Vincent Sapone is in stable condition at St. Mary's Hospital after being shot once in the abdomen after an argument with a heavy-set black male Saturday morning.
"The shooter fled the scene and was still on the run Saturday night. After reports of gunshots in the area, police arrived at Sapone's apartment at 5:45am to find him lying on the floor with a gunshot wound...Sapone was taken to St. Mary's hospital where he underwent surgery and was listed in stable condition. O'Leary would not comment on whether the two men knew each other. The gun was described as a semi-automatic handgun. Detectives are investigating."

Tricia
02-24-02, 07:11 PM
omg!!

I will pray for him.

:wah: :wah: :wah:

selah
02-24-02, 07:22 PM
woah ...

I think it's safe to say the prayers of many will be going with Vinnie in the days to come. Thank you for letting us know, and please keep us updated on his condition.

Breni Sue
02-24-02, 07:35 PM
Oh, Vinnie! :wah:

Dear Lord, I thank You that Vinnie was found in time and that the doctors have been able to stabalize him. I ask that You please watch over him and keep him under Your protection. Bless him and bring him back to health. You know exactly what happened last night, Father. I pray that You will help those involved in this to find the one responsible. This man's soul is in dire need of salvation. Help him to see the wrong he has done, lead him to repentance.

Vinnie desperately needs You right now. You know what he has had to deal with in his life, and only You know to help him out. Stand by his side, and may he continue to look to You and lean on You during this difficult time. In Christ's name.

Multimom
02-25-02, 08:55 AM
NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST HIM SHALL PROSPER!!!

We will be praying please keep us updated.

crazyfingers
02-25-02, 02:59 PM
Gezz, I'm really sad to hear that.

I like Vinnie a lot. He's a real nice guy.

I hope he recovers quickly and fully. :(

TollHouse
02-25-02, 03:18 PM
This is absolutely horrible! I'll be thinking of Vinnie a lot today.
Please keep us updated on his condition.

Vinnie is a great guy, and I'm grateful to have met him here. I really hope he is okay.

(crazyfingers: thanks for bringing this to my attention)

St.Thomas
02-25-02, 03:18 PM
Geez. What to say? I am shocked. I am deeply saddened for Vinnie's sake. He is in my thoughts. :(

Lord Vorkosigan
02-25-02, 05:53 PM
Stunning news. I like Vinnie very much. We were all saddened by the news. Hope he recovers fully. Keeps us posted.

Vorkosigan

Grizzly
02-25-02, 06:01 PM
I think we are all sadden to hear about what happened to Vinnie. We are hoping for the best for him and his family and friends. Please keep us informed as to any further news.

Homer
02-25-02, 06:22 PM
I've barely posted here, but I'm a long time lurker. I am shocked to hear that this has happened to as nice a guy as Vinnie. My thoughts are with him. I do hope he will be OK.

Pelvidar
02-25-02, 07:18 PM

Pelvidar
02-25-02, 08:30 PM
I just hung up with Vinnie... oh man, he sounds really tired. I guess he got shot 3 days ago in the stomach. He says he expects to get out in a week or so.

I asked him how he's feeling, he said he'd been better.

I told him we were all thinking about him, and many were praying. He said thanks.

I told we loved him, and were pulling for him...

I asked him if he knew who did it, and he said he thought so, but then he had to go, he was doing some kind of "breathing" thing.

I said "I love you man", he said "yeah" and then we hung up.

crazyfingers
02-25-02, 08:35 PM
Thanks Pel,

It's a relief to know he'll be OK. :)

Man what a thing to happen! :(

Ann
02-25-02, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the updates Pel. We will keep praying. God bless you for reaching out to Vinnie too.

E-Nygma
02-26-02, 01:34 AM
Mod-note: Sorry E-Nygma, but under the circumstances, I feel that your comment here was in poor taste. Consider this a warning, and please try to refrain from such comments in the future. Thanks.

Adversary
02-26-02, 12:15 PM
I read about Vinnie's injury on the Sec Web where much grief and concern have been expressed. As some of the infidels posting here have shown, Vincent Sapone is widely and well regarded by Christians and non-Christians alike, which speaks volumes about this young man and which I hope will be an encouragement to him in this situation.

cartman
02-26-02, 12:35 PM
Like Adversary, I read about Vinnie on the Secular Web. And, like many of you, I was shocked and dismayed, to say the least.

Let me add my wish for a full and speedy recovery to the others'.

Pelvidar
02-26-02, 04:43 PM
If you want to send Vinnie something:

Vinnie Sapone
St. Mary's Hospital
56 Franklin St
Waterbury, CT 06706

svensky
02-26-02, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Pelvidar
If you want to send Vinnie something:

How 'bout for those of us further away ?

I can rpay for vinnie, is there anything else that can be done to help ?

Jason

Adversary
02-27-02, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the address Pel.

Ann
02-27-02, 08:05 PM
Any update on Vinnie?

Lord please watch iver him and help him know that You love him and are with him. Thank You.

ISDAMan
03-01-02, 11:13 PM
SweetM & I will be praying for your recovery and for the salvation of the shooter.

God be your comforter Vinnie,
ISDAMan

Caretaker
03-02-02, 12:44 AM
Father God may You surround our Brother Vinnie with Your love, lift him up, draw him near and hold him close. Dear Father touch the hearts of all involved with this situation and lead them to the glory of Your salvation. Heal our Brother, Dear Father, body, mind and soul, and lead him through this valley upon the pathway of Your perfect will, that he come through even stronger and fully restored to Your awesome glory. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.