trixiepup
02-20-02, 08:08 PM
do you pray?

Nicole
02-20-02, 08:11 PM
everywhere

HeatherlyButterfly
02-20-02, 08:39 PM
lol..i like that... very true... but most often, in the union here over coffee or a soda between classes, the prayer room in the chapel sometimes, in/on my bed, out on a walk, or if it's late and i absolutely need to be with God exclusively i take my guitar and sneak into the sanctuary. it's rather nice.

why do you ask?

trixiepup
02-20-02, 08:48 PM
just curious. i find that i gravitate to the same places time and time again, and i was wondering if other people did the same thing.

i tend to pray most comfortably when on my knees....probably from my years of martial arts training. :) i usually go to some quiet outdoor place if it's not raining. i especially like finding dark places on campus where i am by myself and i can see the stars or the ocean or the moon.

HeatherlyButterfly
02-20-02, 09:33 PM
you have ocean at your campus? and what are these stars? i don't think those exist.. i haven't seen them in so long... the durned smog... gah!

trixiepup
02-20-02, 09:44 PM
my campus is on a mountain, basically, and we have a nifty view of the ocean.
i'll see if i can insert a pic...

hmm. no idea how to do it. the univ website is www.ucsc.edu and you can find pics on the main page...no ocean shots though.

Nicole
02-20-02, 10:40 PM
oh, how I would love to live near an ocean! how nice for you!

my last answer was a little broad ;) - but..I tend to pray a lot lying on my bed or when I'm taking walks outside. I also tend to pray a lot when I'm driving - because I'm alone and no one else can hear me..so it's a good time to talk out loud to God about what's going on in my life.

grandpa
02-20-02, 10:57 PM
:angel: :) Hi Mizz Trixiepup: Grandpa here.
When I go to the Lord in prayer, I usually want a quiet place-and-I go to my knees. When I am on my knees, there is no doubt as to who is in charge. I think the most important facet is to just look to HIM continuously. May the Lord Bless you greatly in your studies. Agape. Grandpa.:D :biggrin:

Multimom
02-21-02, 09:13 AM
With 6 kids, anywhere and everywhere I get the chance because they are few and far between.

Breni Sue
02-21-02, 09:24 AM
I mostly pray at night before I go to bed, mainly because it is about the only time I actually have time to do it without distractions. Or anytime that I am alone and can speak to God openly. If something is urgent or someone needs prayer immediately, I will say a quick prayer to myself wherever I happen to be at the time. I tend to pray a lot at my break table at work also, especially for patience when the machines or a co-worker are giving me fits! ;)

Orpheus42
02-21-02, 12:06 PM
In bed before getting up in the morning, there's a nice room downstairs called the quiet room that's good for meditating, we have prayer meeting in a classroom downstairs, sometimes late at night I'll go on a prayer walk outside, and then there's everywhere in between. :)