PDA

View Full Version : prayer for passion

kaisha
02-19-02, 10:19 PM
hi. I've been lurking on and off here for a while. I really don't know how to start this, but well...

I came to ask you guys to please pray for me. I've been a Christian for the longest time, and at first I was really all out for God. Lately, though, I'm becoming more and more aware that I've fallen away from my first love of Him.

I still love God, at least I think I do, but the passion that I had once is gone. I try to have my quiet time with Him, and I try to pray, but it just feels so dry, like nothing's really happening.

At the Bible study that I go to, we've been talking about David, and how he was the man after God's own heart -- how he spent so much time with God, listening to Him and talking with Him, that he came to have the very heart of God. We talked about having an encounter with God, and being so filled with Him that we overflow.

I just haven't felt that in my life lately. I want to. I want to have that experience of God that we've been talking about, I want to know HIM. But I don't know how. I mean, I've trusted Him as my Lord and Saviour, I've said that I'm committing my life to Him, but I still feel like He's not really that real to me. In my prayers sometimes I feel like I'm just mouthing the words and I don't know if I really mean it or if my prayers are getting through the ceiling. I have such a difficult time praying.

I guess, what I'm asking for right now is to get back that love for God that I used to have, that awe of Him that I lost. I want to know Him again -- to know Him and not just to know about Him, coz I know a lot about God and the Bible, but I know that it's really Him that I need. I want to have the passion in my heart again, I want to have His heart, I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Please, God, I want You.

kai

Ann
02-19-02, 10:30 PM
Father please help kaisha to have the fire of the Holy Spirit burning passionately, burning off the dross and all impurities and waste from kaisha's life and melting kaisha fully into You. Please show each day, each moment the things that will draw kaisha close to you and those that will create blocs and help kashia to make the coices that lead to the one ness with You that You have given kaisha a desire to not just visit but live in always. Thank You.

Marilyn
02-20-02, 05:34 PM
Yes Lord! Help her to realize that feelings are fleeting. It's not important how we feel. It's not important if our prayers seem to bounce off the ceiling and fall down around us. What matters is that Your Word says You hear us and You send us Your answers. Whether we feel You near or not, Your Word says You are RIGHT HERE beside us. Help us all to focus on that FACT more clearly. Open our hearts and minds to it. Help us to stand firmly on what Your Word says rather than on what our own human perceptions tell us. There's real victory in learning and growing and being FULLY PERSUADED that what You promised, You are able to perform! Halleluiah! So set us all on fire with Your Truth and Your Teaching, in Jesus' mighty name.

grandpa
02-20-02, 10:38 PM
:angel: Father, I come in Jesus name and ask that Kaisha be filled with Your Holy Spirit. Sanctify Her and give her the Peace that passes all understanding. Guide her to some spirit filled christians whom she can lean upon. If there is not a good church family for her, Lord guide her to a good one. Agape. Grandpa.:)

Moderators: Should this be on the 'ask board'. Grandpa.