PDA

View Full Version : Being still

Orpheus42
02-18-02, 06:21 PM
Over the past couple of weeks I've been increasingly feeling like my prayer times have been nothing but my blabbing on and on and on and while I know I'm not getting a deaf ear... it seems like at times it's just me with my shopping list of things I need God to do... And so I have made a decision. I am making a committment to meditate twice a day and just be silent before the Lord and let him show himself to me. Some people call this "pure prayer", others call it "meditation", or whatever- but I know that I need to make a deeper connection than what I have and this is the next step to getting closer with God. I must admit that I'm a bit scared- I don't know what God's going to do, but I know there are things he wants to change about me- and frankly I'm comfortable where I am (oh how I hate saying that!) and I enjoy being comfortable. On the other hand, I'm terribly excited knowing that God is going to continue to bless me richly and change me, conforming me more into the likeness of his image in which I was created to be. Please pray for me as I undertake this endeavor, I know I'm not alone.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Marilyn
02-18-02, 06:53 PM
Lord bless Jason richly and abundantly! Grant him an ever- deepening relationship with You. Ease his mind and let him know that communicating on such a personal level is something You desire to share with all of Your children. There's nothing to fear and everything to be excited about! As he sits in Your presence, grant him a new anointing of Your Spirit. Open his eyes to even greater wonders of knowing and serving You. Let him be enriched in his knowledge of You and infused with a joy he'll not be able to contain! Tell him that the apprehension will be washed away in the flood of Your Spirit and that You await this special time of sharing and "connection" with joy! in Jesus' name.

Go for it Jason! It's SO awesome. I can't wait to hear the things He's going to tell you and show you. And don't let what He might ask You to change cause you a monent's hesitation. You'll WANT to do it. You won't be able to WAIT to do it. You'll be EXCITED to do whatever He shows you needs to be done. Because He'll be right there with you, helping you. His requests are SO gentle that you'll barely know He's asking. Rather, you'll think you OFFERED! He is SO neat when you let Him get going. You'll see!!

grandpa
02-18-02, 10:07 PM
:angel: :) Father, I ask in Jesus Name that You fill Jason with Your Holy Spirit of Wisdom, Insight, and Understanding. Give him the peace that passes all understanding. We thatk you for his life.

---------

Brother Jason: You must never think that God does not know you and all. He does. Give him a chance. He really does care for you. Grandpa.:)

Orpheus42
02-19-02, 10:14 PM
Already, I can see blessings. Please pray that I would be diligent even when I cannot see them.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Ann
02-19-02, 10:39 PM
Father thank You for Jason and for thois new adventure in You in which You're leading him. Please help him stay tuned in to You accurately and exclusively during these special times and let that spread into all of his times. Please continue to bless and strengthen him. Thank You.