PDA

View Full Version : The Tide

Orpheus42
02-18-02, 05:29 PM
This is one of 2 poems I wrote this weekend, the first pure poetry (without music in mind) I've written in ages. This was actually the second one I wrote, while sitting on the beach at the Llandudno bay in Wales.

The tide at hand
Child's castle falls
Dreams without foundation will be crushed
The shifting sand
Our dreams, our all
We hasten but the sea will not be rushed
The tide recedes
Or so it seems
But soon it comes
But soon it comes...

Nicole
02-18-02, 05:32 PM
that's good...rather sad, but very good

HeatherlyButterfly
02-18-02, 05:34 PM
you write poetry without music? wow.. i didn't know that! ;)

i love it...

Catholic
02-18-02, 06:34 PM
Ooh, I like that one. It reminds me of when I was younger and the tide kept ruining all of my work with the sand. It's a good analogy to frustrations brought about by poor planning on our behalf(at least that seems to be it. . .).

Orpheus42
02-18-02, 06:36 PM
Even "the best laid plans of mice and men have oft gone awry".

Planning has nothing to do with it ;) Time will pass regardless of man's planning. Dreams without foundation will be crushed. Only Jesus is a true foundation.

:)

Catholic
02-18-02, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus42
Even "the best laid plans of mice and men have oft gone awry".

Planning has nothing to do with it ;) Time will pass regardless of man's planning. Dreams without foundation will be crushed. Only Jesus is a true foundation.

:)

Drats! Ok, Liza can neither write nor properly interpret poetry.

Orpheus42
02-18-02, 06:40 PM
Actually, the planning aspect was one I hadn't thought about. It's not exactly good planning to try and build a sand castle when the tide is coming in ;) I think you scored some points.

butterfly
02-18-02, 07:59 PM
yeah, but building a castle when the tide is going out only delays the inevitable. Cool poem Jason!