PDA

View Full Version : The evil of false Doctrines: 7 lies of the end times

Eternix
02-12-02, 12:26 PM
It is prevalent nowadays, even as scripture said it would be. 1 Timothy 4:1 says, Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in LATTER TIMES some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils;
That is happening so much now and here are a list of false doctrines that are against the Bible:

1.Jesus Christ is NOT the Son of God.
2.The Holy Ghost is the force of God and an "it".
3.The Devil is not real.
4.There is no God.
5.Evolution is the way the earth came of.
6.There is no Heaven and Hell.
7.Religions can come together, ex. Islam &
Christianity.

These are just some there are many more. Each of these is proved wrong by Jesus and the Holy Ghost in the Bible and I'll have scriptures to go against each later.

Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
The Holy Spirit is grieved with this nation, God's slow growing anger grows.

Eternix:angel:

svensky
02-12-02, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Eternix
It is prevalent nowadays, even as scripture said it would be. 1 Timothy 4:1 says, Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in LATTER TIMES some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils;
That is happening so much now and here are a list of false doctrines that are against the Bible:

3.The Devil is not real.
4.There is no God.
7.Religions can come together, ex. Islam &
Christianity.

These are just some there are many more. Each of these is proved wrong by Jesus and the Holy Ghost in the Bible and I'll have scriptures to go against each later.

Eternix, just to counter your point. These things examples you give are hardly all recent innovations. Everyone of these things you mention have been going on for centuries. Ifyou dont already, I would encourage you to read about the histroy of the church down through the ages so that rather than seeing these developments are "signs of the end times" you see them for what they really are. Just more of the same old same old, the way the dark one gos about his work.

Besides rather than running around crying "God Dooms America", give thanks for all the places in the world where the gospel is growing at phenomenal rates. In china, russia and africa the gospel is spreading at an amazing rate. It is only the west that the gospel is in retreat.

Jason

E-Nygma
02-12-02, 04:45 PM
It also says that they will not endure sound doctrine and will gather to themselves teachers that say what they want to hear.

Orpheus42
02-13-02, 07:11 AM
#2? The first half, yes.

Caretaker
02-13-02, 07:32 AM
This is why it is most imperative that the Christian be able to say with assurance, "This we believe, and this is why we believe it."

We are to be in the world but not of the world, to not be yoked unequally with the "world's" belief system.

Eternix
02-13-02, 08:30 AM
I don't know why, you'd want to insult God(the Holy Ghost) by calling Him "it". How would you feel if someone refered to you as an "it"? Would it make you feel like a thing? Wouldn't you consider it disrespectful if someone says, Where is Orpheus? and I say, Oh, "IT's" over there. Isn't that the least bit rude and disrespectful? And we're talking about God, why would you insult God? I've said it before, I'll say it again, Jesus never, not once in the Bible or the Gospels did He call the Holy Spirit "it". It is mistranslated in Romans 8 in the KJV version calling Him, "it", but thats mistranslation. The LORD is a man of war, said Moses, thats the Father, Jesus was man,that's the Son, what makes you think the Holy Ghost would be any different especially if The Lord (Jesus) called Him, He, Himself, Whom and Him. I come to a conclusion based on scriptural evidence that the Holy Ghost must be a Spirit-man also as the Father and Son other wise He would not be equated with Them in the baptismal formula of Matthew 28:19.

Praise Father Son and HOLY GHOST
He, the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive.

Orpheus42
02-13-02, 08:33 AM
Show me how it is a mistranslation. I provided ample evidence in our discussion some time ago in the ODD forum that it is the proper translation, and furthermore I showed how within the confines of the English language "it" is the only word that can accurately describe the person of the Holy Spirit. Unless you can refute that, I have no use for further discussion. Future jabs at me will be ignored unless moderators decide to address the issue.

"Spirit-man"? That doesn't sound like any description of God I can find in the Bible.

If you can prove to me that the Holy Spirit has male genitalia or any other defining physical or psychological characteristics that would make it male, I will concede.

If you cannot remember my arguments from the ODD forum I will find them and re-post them.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Eternix
02-13-02, 09:05 AM
Do you call God the Father HE?
Do you call Jesus HE?
The Holy Ghost, no different.

If you feel "it" is respectful and okay to call someone, then I'll refer to you as "it". Thats how close to my heart the Holy Spirit is. He is a Person, he told me, I know HIM, I know the Spirit of Jehovah, the third PERSON of the Trinity is my Best Friend, I love Him. It insults me when you call Him "it". I beseech you, please know Him as He is, as a Divine Person of the Trinity. Just listen to Jesus, He the Spirit of Truth, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall glorify me, He will guide into all truth, He will shew you things to come, He shall receive of mine, He will reprove the world of sin and of righteous and of judgment, And I pray the Father, and He (the Father) give you Another (one of the same kind- equal) Comforter, that He may abide with you forever, He shall teach you all things, He shall testify of me. JESUS knew and knows the Holy Ghost for who He is and a true Christian will walk and talk (He the Spirit, not "it" the Spirit of truth) like Christ, for Christ is our role model, we should walk like Him and talk like Him, if you call the Spirit "it" are you talking like Jesus or what you think from your own mind? We are to have the mind of Christ. In calling the Holy Spirit "it", you are saying Jesus is wrong for calling Him, He and you are right by calling Him "it". I would that didn't oppose our Lord.

Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
The Holy Ghost said, Seperate ME Paul and Barnabas for the work whereunto I have called them.

Of Jehovah

Multimom
02-13-02, 09:36 AM
I Do Moderate Here So........

This is not to take the place of the ODD forum so no more discussion "debate" of the "gender" of the Holy Spirit should take place.

This is for Christian Fellowship not for debate.

So point - - Counter point is not the appropraite venue for this board.

Thanks Guys.;)

In_Doubt
02-17-02, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Eternix

Pretty sure the majority of the world has never agreed to this. This is not a new revelation.

I have always referred to the Holy Spirit as a he, so other than a :confused:, I have little to say, except to ask for a better explanation..

3.The Devil is not real.

I have never met a Christian who believes this. If this OP is in reference to non-Christians, then it should be obvious that they do not believe in these things.

4.There is no God.

Never heard a Christian say this either. What's your point?

Anyone who says this is dead wrong, and ignorant. Evolution is NOT a theory to describe how the earth came of. You are thinking of the Big Bang and the whole Quantam Foam theory. I personally believe that God caused the Big Bang, and the Evolution is a manifestation of His will, but whatever floats your boat.

Those who do not believe in anything generally don't believe in these. As I said, nothing new.

7.Religions can come together, ex. Islam & Christianity.

Please explain what you mean by "come together." Seems a bit vague.

To what you say in general, i ask only: cite?