02-11-02, 10:25 AM
Heh :)

I like that.

Orpheus42
02-11-02, 10:36 AM
I figured you would ;)

trixiepup
02-11-02, 09:16 PM
one of the university bathrooms has a grout pun wall....all quotes are grout related and written on the grout between the tiles.

they are very cheezy, like 'all work and no grout makes jack a dull boy'

HeatherlyButterfly
02-11-02, 09:22 PM
darn private university and lack of graffiti... we totally need to start a graffiti wall or something somewhere here...

trixiepup
02-12-02, 12:01 AM
you could paint a wall on the campus with chalkboard paint and give everyone chalk to write with. then you could have all the fun of writing on walls, and the administration can clean it up easily by hosing the walls down.
:D

HeatherlyButterfly
02-12-02, 12:14 AM
no.. our school uses the millions they make us pay to go here and build a new athletic complex that won't draw more students here no matter how much money they put into it. sigh.. silly school... oh and we mustn;t forget the replacement of trees for kiosks and benches...

Orpheus42
02-12-02, 10:13 AM
You were so excited about the kiosk when we first got it ;) That was probably before we realized the only group that will get any actual use out of it is SAB...

I find it quite amusing that they're building this expensive athletic complex and yet they're discussing dropping from Div. 1 to Div. 2...

Not to mention the fact that they're all about building a "student center" when what they really need to do is take all the dumb offices out of the "student union" and put THEM in the new building and then the "student union" will be a "student center" just like every other student union on every other campus I've visited.

Ok, I'm done ranting now.

trixiepup
02-12-02, 12:43 PM
ah, but you have never been to uc santa cruz where we have a wonderful student center, but no one actually goes to it because it is in the middle of the campus and only really accessible by walking (you could park, but permits for that area and all close areas are $800). it ended up that no one really used it much cuz it was so far out. so they built a new bookstore/student commons thing closer to the main road.

and building continues here for the next 10 years, in my estimation, because they must build new places for students to live and go to classes to. no matter that the parking isn't sufficient for the number of students we have right now. or that they aren't planning on hiring more faculty, so the small learning environment they boasted so strongly about is going ba-bye. while it may look like we have a lot of land, the campus just isn't designed to house and teach 20,000 students.

at least my campus isn't alone in stupid building practices.