PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality [need advice!]

lil pwophet :)
02-10-02, 02:48 PM
Hello, everyone.

I really think I am a homosexual. Let me first point out that I have never thought so before these last few months. I have never even had homosexual thoughts before. I am also VERY religious. I go to church twice a week and pray regularly.

[Content edited by Moderator]

I know this is a grave sin and we really shoudl not do this at all. I am really scared now that I am going to Hell and I really want to go to heaven when I die.

So I am asking, WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Marilyn
02-10-02, 05:15 PM
You can't serve God and the world too. You can't ride the fence. It just won't work. Get serious about a relationship with Him! Ask for forgiveness and ask Him to turn your life around!

Father this person needs to be delivered from this sin. Reach out to him and show him the way! Set his feet on the path to Your forgiveness, Your redemption and Your peace. Going to church doesn't guarantee us a place at Your side for eternity. Being "religious" means little if we never know You as Lord of our lives. Reach out to this man with Your conviction, Your salvation and Your forgiveness. Show him the cross and what You did for us. Show him the agony and torment You endured so that we could be set free! Open these eyes and this heart to Your Truth and Your Word. Take him into Your Word to find the answers he is seeking. Save him Lord and wash him whiter than snow! in Jesus' name.

grandpa
02-10-02, 09:05 PM
:angel: My Dearest Child: Do you have a loving church family that you can lean on? Ask God for Wisdom to understand Mercy and Grace. Also: The devil has the power to imprint pictures on the mirror of your mind. Talk to Jesus and ask for Holy Spirit Wisdom.

------------------
Father, I come in Jesus Name and ask for total healing for this person. Bless them with Your Holy Spirit of Wisdom, Insight, and Understanding. I pray that You will save and Sanctify this person. Bless with the Peace that passes all understanding. pour Dunamis Power on this person, I ask in Jesus Name. Agape. Grandpa.:)

Ann
02-11-02, 12:49 AM
Father please help lil pwophet to understand the difference between religion and salvation. Help him to come to the Lord Jesus Christ with his whole heart and ask Him to come and live His life in him if he has not done this already. Please help him to choose right not wrong and to understand that just because something may feel good physically does not make it good for us. Help him, please, to see that if we live only to gratify our bodies however and with whoever we do it we are missing the best You have for us in love. Please help him also to understand that what a person does is not necessarily what they are and that the blood of Jesus Christ is the full atonement for all sin. Please help him understand that while you hate this and all sin you love him and that is why You sent Your Son to die for him and that Jesus loves Him so much that He came willingly to be that total sacrifice. Please help him understand that although he has made bad choices he can choose to make good choices. Thank You.

earthangel
02-12-02, 05:51 AM
trust me, this is a battle you can win! a few years ago, i almost lost it myself, but through the help of my family and a very understanding youth pastor at my church, and most importantly God's love and forgiveness, i've been resisting the same urges you're feeling now throughout my adolescence, with only a few lapses.

the thing you have to understand is that there's no point where you'll get over the hill and find your journey to be downhill from there on. they say it's possible to be an "ex-gay", but I don't think that's really how it works. it's not something you can be, just something you can -do-. and you have to keep doing it, working every day.

just remember that what you're feeling isn't because of the way you -are-, but because of an influence being imposed upon you. resist that influence. with God's help, it is possible.

svensky
02-12-02, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by lil pwophet :)
I really think I am a homosexual. Let me first point out that I have never thought so before these last few months. I have never even had homosexual thoughts before. I am also VERY religious. I go to church twice a week and pray regularly.

So I am asking, WHAT SHOULD I DO?? [/B]

I've been where you are and have friends closer to where you are now than I am these days.

Take heart brother there is a way out of where you are at the moment.

Homosexuaility can be conquered and I will pray for you.

Jason

inri
02-14-02, 02:07 PM
"Dude, if you're gay, you're gay. And that's it. You can't have it both ways.... pick a side.

Do you want God or the Devil?

Make up your mind."

Humble One
02-14-02, 06:23 PM
While I respect your opinion, inri, and agree with your position, I think that gentle support and positive reminders of the power and glory of our Lord will be more helpful to our friend here than ultimatums. We have all had moments of weakness.

Having said all that, he's basically right, l'il pwophet. But you're right to come to us for support and guidance through what must be a difficult time for you. Look into your heart, it will guide you to our Saviour.

Marilyn
02-14-02, 07:12 PM
Father, I praise You that Your Word is definite. We can not serve the You and the flesh. We can't ride the fence. He's right. What we CAN do is come to the foot of the cross and let You take control. We can receive Your healing and wholeness and be set free. I believe You are doing a work in this heart and that You will, according to our prayers, bring this life into the freedom of salvation and redemption! in Jesus' name.

How 'bout moving further discussion to one of the other boards designed for that purpose, ok?