PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to debate on Rock Music?

cpinews
02-06-02, 10:30 PM
OK...I'm new here...but I noticed that a lot of you guys are talking about Rock Music, and how much different groups "rock", and your favorite artists, etc. I know I'm different from a lot of teenagers now-a-days, but I don't believe rock music is Christian, good for you, or right. Is it against the rules of the board to debate on music here? I'd be willing to take it up one-on-one with someone...:argue:

VG8XP80
02-07-02, 01:49 AM
Are you talking about rock the style, or rock the secular? In other words, do you have misgivings about Christian rock at the same level as those you have about mainstream rock?

cpinews
02-07-02, 07:32 AM
I'm talking about the whole spectrum of Rock Music. That includes Christian Rock and Secular Rock. There's really no difference at all between them - other than the words. And I don't have any misgivings.....I've studied both types extensively, and can tell you honostly that both is just as wrong.

The Bible says "Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

"Do not be conformed to this world..." Pretty hard not to be conformed to this world if you listen to the world's music.

"...but be transformed by the renewal of your mind..." God doesn't want you to waste away your time listening to Rock Music. How is it going to benefit you? Is it going to have any long term results? Why don't we try reading our Bible, and praying, and witnessing, and reading good books (by the way, Harry Potter doesn't fall under that category) rather than going to your room and listening to rock music all the time. And, of course, it's been proven scientifically that rock music destroys a persons mind. It even destroys plants and animals.....

The Bible says that if you're a Christian, you should be a good example for unbelievers. What's the first thing you think of when you see a picture of a group of rock stars? Is your first reacting "WOW...I can really tell they love God! I see a big difference in them from what the world is...they look like what a real Christian should look like." :umm: Yeah right....I doubt it. Those people look just like what the public school system tries to get everybody to believe: their grandpapa was a monkey, so they should be to. I'm sorry folks, but it just doesn't all add up...

Orpheus42
02-08-02, 01:43 AM
I will. Want me to set up a formal debate thread? And I'll have to clear it with the board's administration to make sure it can stay in this forum. I don't think it will be a problem, though.

I've always wanted to discuss this topic with someone who was able to rationally discuss it, as opposed to going off on an emotional rant and then saying everyone's going to hell who doesn't agree...

And you are perfectly welcome to discuss any type of music you wish here. I love all forms of music.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ

Jason

Vinnie
02-08-02, 03:00 AM
When we reopen odd (maybe in about a week) a formal debate can occur in there. ;)

We try not to have debating in our forums except for ODD but it is closed right now.

Orpheus42
02-08-02, 03:18 AM
I was about to mention that after talking to you.

cpinews
02-09-02, 04:48 PM
Yeah - if you can, we'll start an open debate forum just for you and I to debate it, and everybody else can just watch;) Pretty hard to debate 100 at once, you know? LOL

Orpheus42
02-09-02, 04:49 PM
We'll talk after the whole debate fiasco settles down a bit, ok? I'd love to do it, but right now isn't a good time and I'd prefer to keep as much of my internet discussion time as possible in the same place.

cpinews
02-09-02, 04:50 PM
Yeah - good idea. So we'll just debate in this forum, but it will be just us two, and we'll wait awhile first? Whenever you're ready I am.

Orpheus42
02-09-02, 04:53 PM
I dunno when and where, if it's an actual debate it will probably have to be in ODD, but whenever it's available I'll be there ;)

cpinews
02-09-02, 04:56 PM
I have my own message board with a debating section......want to use it, or shall we stick to this one so others can watch it easier?

Orpheus42
02-09-02, 05:01 PM
I'd rather stick to here. Like I said, I prefer to keep all my eggs in one basket.

cpinews
02-09-02, 05:04 PM
Sure thing - ok. I'll start a new thread in the same section..."Christian Music Styles". And we'll do the whole debate in there. OK?

Orpheus42
02-09-02, 05:05 PM
Not right now. We have to wait until the debate board is open again.

HeatherlyButterfly
02-09-02, 05:06 PM
you mean your gegs? ;)

or maybe that's why you keep all your eggs in one basket... so you don't get gegs. ;)

Orpheus42
02-09-02, 05:07 PM
If I dropped the basket I would probably have gegs ;)

cpinews
02-09-02, 05:09 PM
LOL - ok.....I'm starting the new thread....

Orpheus42
02-09-02, 05:13 PM
We have to wait until the debate board is open again. Then we can do it there. If you start a new thread, I'm going to have to close it.

cpinews
02-09-02, 05:15 PM
Oops...sorry....Ok - you can delete it. Just make sure you tell me when the debate forum is open. Sorry