PDA

View Full Version : What to do about an infected toe that hurts horribly

Ann
02-06-02, 08:51 PM
God tells us we are the body of Christ and members in particular. (1 Corinthians 12:7) What do we do about parts of the body cause us pain just like some parts of our own natural bodies do? What do we do about it? Do we cuss them out? Hurt them back? Try to show them we are right and they are very wrong? Refuse to have anything to do with them? My husband has a toe that got infected. To say it hurt would be a huge understatement. He almost couldn't walk at all. The infection spread fast and pretty soon his whole foot was getting bad. It gave him a lot of grief and threatened to do serious harm maybe even loss of art of his foot. So what did he do? Did he kick it with the other foot, cuss at it? Try to argue with it? Try to get rid of it? No way! He took a lot better care of that one toe than of the other 9 all put together, There was ointment, special padding, doctor visits, wound care, prayer and more prayer. He did everything he could do to take good care of that toe and see it healed. That's what God tells us we are to do when another member of the body of Christ hurts us 1Corinthians 12:22 - 27 "Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those members]of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular"

And Romans 12:14 - 21 "Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

That theme keeps coming up again and again Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you 1Peter 2:19-24 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. Matthew 6:9-15 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. 1 Corinthians 6 especially verse 7.

Why do you think GOd makes such a point of this? What were some of the things you handles this way and how did things come out ? Did the situation change? Did you change?

Nicole
02-06-02, 09:01 PM
*sigh* thanks, Ann, I needed that.

GodBroken
02-06-02, 09:54 PM
i better print a copy of this in church so they would know what to do with an "infected toe" like me! :) hehehe

Our pastor just delivered a message similar to what you just posted... i think it's high time for us believers to start building one another up seriously... we are all in the same team, after all...

Oh... i almost thought i would be posting a list of antibiotics for my reply... harharhar

i hope your husband's toe's already well. God bless!

Multimom
02-06-02, 10:27 PM
No matter what your personal philosophy regarding women in the pastoral ministry I must acknowledge our pastor in residence.

Thank You,

Ann

butterfly
02-10-02, 03:05 AM
Thanks Ann, that was great. I'm guessing you wanted us to answer the questions though. ;) I'll have to think about that a bit more but I will post something, feel free to bug me If I don't follow through. ;) God bless!
your friend in Christ,
Cath :)

Caretaker
02-11-02, 09:53 AM
Have you tried soaking the toe in hot epson salts?

We are also called to be "salt".

1 Thess 5:

And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Quench not the Spirit.
Despise not prophesyings.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Abstain from all appearance of evil.
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
Brethren, pray for us.
Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen