PDA

View Full Version : More Poems: Sacrificial Praise, I Came, & Hope

gzuznme
02-02-02, 09:28 PM
Sacrificial Praise
It's easy to offer up praise when every things going well. But when you're struggling, when you feel all hope is gone - what do you do then? was your praise a show - or will you still praise Him who said He'll never leave you, nor forsake you.

Will you still praise the One who said He'll go with you through your private storm. Or will you wait until your resources are gone, and then turn to God.

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee, for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Psalm 9:10

I Came
Dressed in my sin filled flesh, I sought your face. And what I found was eternalty. Eternalty from a life of hatred, sickness, all that was to hurt me eventually. Eventually all that was to hurt me was changed in a gasp, a moment of taking in and out, a breath of vapor that disappears with the next breath of vapor. One moment I was unsure of my exsistance in the future. The next moment, I was free,knowing that the next moment, if my last, would lead me to a mansion fit just for me.
One that you, my Father took in consideration, me, and saw my style, and fashioned my mansion to fit me. I came, and sought Your face, and now Im dressed, in grace, mercy, and I wait for Your return.

Hope

I had faith to hope for a love that surrounded me and created in me a feeling of safety. Need, a feeling of wanting, a hunger that is satisfied only by being satisfied. I prayed, and the Lord sent you, and my need is no longer a hunger that needs satisfying, but a longing for winter nights, summer breezes, fall and spring time pleasures, all to belong to you, to me, to us.

Faith, the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:

HeatherlyButterfly
02-03-02, 03:33 PM
wow. the only comment that comes to mind right now. wow.