PDA

View Full Version : Witnessing on Job

gzuznme
02-02-02, 05:15 PM
I know the word of God says everything is to be done decent and in order. I know we are to go to work to do a job as unto the Lord. How do we minister to those that are lost on the job without jepodizing your job. Do you just be the Light for Christ, and continue to stand in the gap for them? Im not ashamed of My Lord! I want to bring Him Honor. I want to be wise in winning a soul? Can anyone help me?

Your Sister In Christ,
Deborah

Orpheus42
02-02-02, 06:13 PM
I think it would be proper within the ILJ guidelines and recent moderator practice to move this to the Fellowship forum, and so I'm going to do that. If anyone who is a moderator of either of the forums involved feels I am doing this in error, please rectify my error and let me know.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Breni Sue
02-02-02, 08:28 PM
That is a tough one. Because depending on the person, it may be considered "religious harrassment" if you take it too far. There is a guy at my work who will totally lash out at anyone who even mentions "God". I think you are on the right track though. Sometimes just living by example can be the most influential way to reaching those who are unsaved. I bring religious books to work a lot to read (only way I have time to read! ;) ), and usually I don't have to say anything at all. Someone may ask me what I am reading and I will tell them. If they are interested, they will go on and ask more. If not, then I just let it go. It is mostly best to just kind of leave it up to them, so it does not feel like they are being "pushed".

If you are good enough friends with one of them, you can always invite them to church with you one of these weekends. Or if your church is having some kind of special function - a breakfast, program, or something like that. It never hurts to say "hey, my church is having 'this and that' this weekend, it's going to be a lot of fun. Wanna go with me?" And if they decline, just say "OK, that's cool". The key is to not be forceful. Be encouraging, but yet not pushy. If they are interested, they will come around on their own.

Hope that has helped some! :)

gzuznme
02-02-02, 09:16 PM
:angel: I praise God for confirmation! I always get to work early and I read Max Lucado bible "The Inspirational Study Bible/New King James Version." I remember one day I was reading another book, inspirational, but it wasnt my bible. An older lady came in and said it looked funny for me not to be reading the bible, and said I know its inspirational what you are reading, Im just use to you reading the bible. Then another lady came in, younger than I, and agreed with the other lady and said she looked on me as her "Spiritual mom". That truly blessed me because I didnt know how close I was being watched. Another incident (sorry so many examples) my boss and another lady were talking, and I commented on a lifestyle I once had before being saved. And my boss said she couldnt see me any other way but saved, even though she isnt saved. So you are so right my sister, the light that another person sees, may be the light that draws them to Christ. Please email any time!

Love,
Deborah