PDA

View Full Version : Bindind and loosing

uniquelyhis
02-01-02, 04:53 PM
I want to share my opinion on Binding and loosing.
I used to think when you bind evil sprits you keep them from harming someone and when you loose spirits you loose the good spirits. That was how I was raised, but I recent read "Shattering Your Strongholds" by Liberty Savard and she explains that you also need to loose evil spirits. Another way of saying loose is "crushing destroying, dissolving, etc" It made more sense later. Binding a person to the mind of Christ, the blood of Jesus, the will and purposes of God, the truth of God and the wotk of the cross is the good kind of binding. Binding evil spirits only deactivates the spirits powere temporarily (See the teaching of binding the strongman in the Bible)

I have been doing this prayer on my father's behalf and I know he sensing something going on in him because he is reacting to it. It works. It takes time especially on those who don't want it, but God's word says "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth will be loose in heaven." (Matthew 16:19) God's word is true. Liberty uses the illustration of a baby in a wrap that is tied to the mom. It is bound to his or her mother so wherever she goes the baby goes. That is how she uses binding.

Multimom
02-01-02, 07:21 PM
Uniquelyhis:

I read this post with much interest and I moved it to the Christian fellowship board. ODD is a strong debate forum and you will probably get more responses in the Christian Fellowship forum.

Thanks, ;)

VG8XP80
02-05-02, 02:42 AM
"I have been doing this prayer on my father's behalf and I know he sensing something going on in him because he is reacting to it. It works. It takes time.."

What prayer? How does it go? So you loose the evil and bind the good? Or do you bind and loose evil spirits both, and bind and loose God's power both, but in different ways? Maybe an example of your prayer will clarify, if you want to share.

uniquelyhis
02-06-02, 03:32 PM
Think of binding as a baby that is bound to a cloth wrapped to its parent. Whereever the parent goes the baby goes. So you when you pray "I bind ______ mind to the mind of christ," you are actually saying that the person's will be thinking the thoughts of Jesus.

There are actually two sides to binding and that is the good side. You can also the bind the person (or even yours) body soul and spirit to the will and purposes of God.

In the old testament, In DT 6< God told the hebrews to bind his commands to their foreheads (Good binding).
Most people thinking of binding as tying the enemy, but lets us remember that it will only temporary deactivate their poweres (like the story of strong man. You can bind the strong man in a prayer like this: "I bind the strong man, Satan that I may spoil his house, taking back every spiritual and material possesion he has stolen..."

Loosing was at first hard for me to understand, but think of it as "destroying, crushing, smashing" Think of it has the enemy not wanting to let go. By praying "I loose, destroy, crush every influence the enemy has on you or that person," you are commanding the evil spirit to let go of that person's mind.

For more on this, read Liberty Savard's "Shattering Your Stronghold".:)

GodBroken
02-06-02, 09:57 PM
i think it's important to be very specific in prayer...
so if you bind someone in Jesus name, say where you want to bind it to... and the prupose of your binding.

uniquelyhis
02-13-02, 03:10 PM
I AGREE! :cool:

An example of a prayer of binding is " In the name of Jesus, I bind_____ mind to the mind of Christ " :)

Livin4HIM
02-13-02, 07:13 PM
Wow that is pretty interesting, I grew up in the Christian schools but I've never really heard that much about binding and loosing. THat spiritual warefare stuff is pretty scary sometimes!:(

GodBroken
02-13-02, 08:49 PM
true... but i think satan has got to be exposed in some other way... and we Christians shouldn't think that spiritual warfare is some form of specialty or something... spiritual warfare is everyday Christian living! :)

Multimom
02-14-02, 10:15 AM
Simple example of everyday spiritual warfare:

The mother of a teen-aged son who prays with weeping every night for the safety of her son and his relationship with God.

This = spiritual warfare.

Praying for a lost boss to come to Jesus = Spiritual warfare.

But in battle we must be bold and declare our victory, remind the devil who he is and what his end will be.

Codger
02-20-02, 09:32 AM
Dear ILJ,

This is an attempt to contribute something to the very interesting thread at hand. Binding and loosening was always a puzzle to me. My Bible study “Thing” or emphasis is to try to find out what the historical background was of the writer in their ancient Eastern culture. This is a very laborious and difficult task to be sure.

Somewhere I read that the idea of binding and loosening related to a commonly practiced and understood idea of ancient times. When a new King or ruler came to power - they would often round up and imprison their enemies or simply do away with them in a surreptitious manner. On the other hand - the imprisoned enemies of this new King’s predecessor would most likely be set free. Could this be the historical relevance behind the binding and loosening verses from Matthew’s Gospel?

If this is true – then the GW version of the Biblical text fits in very well with this idea. Here it is for your consideration...

Matthew 16:19 (GW)
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you imprison, God will imprison. And whatever you set free, God will set free."

Matthew 18:18 (GW)
I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you imprison, God will imprison. And whatever you set free, God will set free.

Does this mean that a new King is now on the throne and he has come to set “whosoever will” free from the prison of sin and death? He has given us ministry gifts to loosen people from the bondage of the previous “God of this world.” This new King came into power in the early first Century and will remain on his throne forever.

And those who resist and reject his kindness, love, and mercy - who rather choose to love this present world – aren’t these bound for a prison of eternal separation? Doesn’t the preaching of the Gospel create a division in the land – a separation? Very sobering thoughts.

Larry

E-Nygma
02-22-02, 01:21 AM
Or that verse could be completely taken out of context which I think the case

uniquelyhis
02-28-02, 03:59 PM
I am not going to argue with you, E. You believe what you want to. I am sharing the truth of God's Word and if I had taken it out of context then the holy spirit would have convict me. Binding and loosing works two ways. For instance, according to scripture, a woman was bounded by satan with an infirmity. That is a negative binding in which loosing is required. In Lk 13:16( NKJV) Jesus questioned the pharisee in saying So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham whom satan has bound.....be loosed from this bond on the sabbath?"
So that is binding by satan but loosing by God.

The other kind is what I have been talking about previous. So you chose what you believe

Orpheus42
02-28-02, 06:18 PM
E-Nygma won't be responding. He was a banned user who returned under a new username without permission.