PDA

View Full Version : Would you please pray for my Grandpa?

VG8XP80
01-30-02, 05:38 AM
My grandparents rolled their car the day after Thanksgiving. Grandma has come through quite well, but Grandpa is really struggling. He had a stroke a few years ago which somewhat impaired his left side. We're not sure if the accident caused another slight stroke or not, but he can't get his left leg going. It's almost like he forgets about it. He cannot walk by himself; even using a walker he needs assistance. He cannot maneuver the bathroom alone, etc.
He is currently in the nursing home, doing theropy. The problem is, he wants to go home so badly, but his mobility isn't good enough. 2 months to him has seemed like 2 years. Now he's getting really depressed. He asked Grandma yesterday if she would go get him a big bottle of sleeping pills so he could take them all! He's 79 years old, and now he just feels like cashing in his chips. He's on an anti-depressant, so they'll probably strengthen the dose.
Anyway, prayers for him will be hugely appreciated. His name is Stanley. He needs healing; if not, he will certainly give up if he thinks he's doomed to staying at the home.

Breni Sue
01-30-02, 12:34 PM
Lord, I lift this brother up to You. I pray that You strengthen his body as well as his spirit. May he lean on You for comfort and support, and never give up hope. Hold him close to You and let him feel Your loving, healing arms around him. Bless him and keep him near You always. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Marilyn
01-30-02, 05:29 PM
Lord, Stanley needs to feel Your presence and Your love. He needs to know that You aren't finished with him yet! Open his eyes and heart to Your strength and show him that there is still much to be thankful for! Bless his family with Your anointing that they might speak Your Truth to his heart. Draw him to Your Word to learn and be encouraged! in Jesus' name.

ManInBlack
01-31-02, 02:58 AM
Father, I lift up Rory's grampa to you right now, Father. I pray that You would bless him, Lord, and hold on tightly to him as he goes through this recovery. Father, this has to be one of the hardest things on him, feeling like he's useless and everything, but I know there's joy in You, Lord. I pray that You would bless him with peace, Father, and i thank You for blessing him with the family he's surrounded by, Lord, in Jesus' Name i pray, amen.

Blessings,
Zechariah

VG8XP80
01-31-02, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys. (and gals) I usually go see him on weekends, but I'm playing a jazz fest this weekend so I won't be able to. I'm hoping that won't depress him too much. It's when he's alone that it gets worse. Anyway, thanks again. If you happen to think of it, just lift up a quick prayer now and again. I'll keep you posted.

Orpheus42
01-31-02, 04:45 PM
Let us know how he is. I'll keep praying.

Ann
02-03-02, 01:46 AM
Father please help this grandfather to recover fully. Please help him to know that You love him and are with him and that he and his life are very important to you. PLease minister Your love and Your strength to the people who care so much about him too. Thank You.

Orpheus42
02-04-02, 12:13 AM
How is he now?

VG8XP80
02-04-02, 12:25 AM
Our prayers are working. I just got back today and saw him for about a half hour. His spirits were up. The theropists are working on a plan to get him home for a couple days later this week just to see how he does. Grandma took him out to lunch today. Assistance was required, but at least it got done. Going home will do one of two things. Either it will give him new resolve to keep working at his recovery, or it will depress him even more to see how little he can manage. We're hoping it does the former. Maybe just being in his own house again will revive his spirit enough so that he will do his excercises and steel his resolve so that he won't have to go back in the nursing home.

So, it looks like we're moving forward. Thanks to the prayers of believers.