PDA

View Full Version : shawn summers

faeroeisle
01-27-02, 11:35 AM
my heart's feeling really heavy right now. today, when i went to church, i found out that a boy from the children's home, where our college group spends time with the children,(there are seven kids) died. he got hit by a car when he went to check the mail. the road is a pretty dangerous one, it curves were it happened and so he was hidden from the car until it was too late. he died instantly. he was 12 years old. i'm feeling a bit numb right now. he has a biological brother and sister that lives there too, both younger than him, the girl is 10 and the boy is 5, no wait, oh, i don't remember now, maybe 6. but the others are like family to him, too, as are the host parents. my sunday school teacher is torn up about it too, because he has worked closely with the home for a while now, and he loves all those children as his own. the boy's mother was contacted so she'd know what happened, and she didn't even care. and i can't even imagine what the man who hit him is going through. it must be really hard on him, too. please pray for all of this. thank you so much.

Breni Sue
01-27-02, 12:22 PM
Oh Father, my heart and prayers go out to everyone who knew this precious child of Yours! Be with his family, that they may seek comfort in You during this most tragic time. Be with all those who were close to this boy and hold them close to You. I pray also for the man who hit him. Reach out to him and let him know that You do not hold judgement against him for this accident. Let him find peace within You and ease the pain and guilt that I know he must be suffering. Time heals all losses, Lord. And I pray that in time these people may be able to move on with their lives, while always keeping with them the fond memories that this young child touched their lives with. Bless these dear people, and grant them the comfort of knowing that he is in Your arms now and they will be reunited with him someday in Your kingdom. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Ann
01-27-02, 04:49 PM
Father we know that at his age Shawn is home with You and he is happy but the folks who love him here are grieving and they need Your healing love. Please comfort and proitect them from every root of bitterness, dispair, and hopelessness. Especially please protect the children at the home particularly Shawn's sister and his brother from every spirit of death and every thought for giving up on life. And please cause the home or the road department to do something about that road before another child is hurt. Thank You.

Marilyn
01-27-02, 08:09 PM
Father I stand in agreement. Turn this tragedy into something blessed and powerful for those who are hurting right now. Turn their eyes on You for strength and comfort and send Your message of salvation to the multitudes as a result of their trust and belief in You. in Jesus' name.

grandpa
01-27-02, 09:27 PM
:angel: Father, There are so many victims here. Family, Friends, The driver of the car that hit the boy. We ask in Jesus Name for Comfort for all. Give the Peace that passes all understanding to all. Bless the intercessor. Lord Jesus, Smooth out all of this hurt. Agape. Grandpa.

ManInBlack
01-28-02, 04:13 AM
Father, I ask Your blessings upon the community surrounding shawn. Lord, I know how hard it can be when a child dies, Lord, so I pray that You would bless all those surrounding this home, Father, and any who need You for a shoulder, Lord, in Jesus' Name i pray, Father, thank You for being the strength and refuge these people need, God, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Blessings,
Zechariah