PDA

View Full Version : Dying To Self

Nicole
01-25-02, 07:19 PM
A friend of mine gave me this poem a couple years ago, I absolutely love it and thought I would share it with you guys!

Dying To Self

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The Life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me. " Galatians 2:20

When you are fogotten, or neglected, or purposefully set at naught, and you don't sting and hurt with the insult or the oversight, but your heart is happy, being counted worthy to suffer for Christ, that is Dying To Self.

When your good is evil spoken of, when your wishes are crossed, your advice disregarded, your opinions ridiculed and you refuse to let anger rise in your heart or even defend yoruself but take it all in pateint loving silence, that is Dying To Self.

When you lovingly and patently bear any disorder, and irregularity, andy annoyance; when you can stand face to face with waste, folly, extravagance, spirit insensibility and endure it as Jesus endured it, that is Dying To Self.

When you are content with any food, any offering, any raiment, any climate, any society, any solitude, and interruption by the WILL OF GOD, that is Dying To Self.

When you never care to refer to yourself in conversation or to recored your own good works or itch after commendation and when you can truly love to be unknown, that is Dying To Self.

When you see your brother prosper and have his needs met and can honestly rejoice with himin spirit and feel no envy nor question God while your own needs are far greater and you are in desperate circumstances, that is Dying To Self.

- Author Unknown

HeatherlyButterfly
01-25-02, 10:41 PM
wow... thanks.. i really like that...

Orpheus42
01-27-02, 08:53 PM
Nice. I need to Kill My Self.

Nicole
01-27-02, 09:31 PM
don't we all..

Orpheus42
01-27-02, 11:06 PM
I love that song :)

Nicole
04-08-02, 06:29 PM
*bump* I needed to read this again - God's teaching me about all that attitude/putting others before you/sacrificial love stuff :)