PDA

View Full Version : solo&ensemble contest...

princess leah
01-25-02, 04:34 PM
is tomorrow! (saturday the 26th) if you read this anytime before 11:58 when my solo is, please pray for me. i've been nervous the whole time i've been practicing the song i'm doing cause i am NOT used to singing stuff that high at all. i can honestly say i don't think it'll be bad now. thank God. i don't really have a problem singing in front of huge numbers of people. but in contest i face pretty much what intimidates me the most: performing in front of a small crowd of people i know, and performing for someone who knows his/her stuff and is critiquing my every sound. please pray that i don't choke under the nerves, and that i don't forget to breathe right and smile and not look as terrified as i am of that last note! thanks so much :)

blessins,
leah

uniquelyhis
01-25-02, 05:25 PM
Dear Heavenly Father,

You know everything about us. The intersts, passios, talents, etc all come from you. You have given Leah an opportunity to sing in fron of people. If this is of you, then bless her voice, give her the confidence she needs to sing high for you. Bless those who hear her, as jaqi Valasques sand "Speak through me" Speak for her. Ler her voice be music to their ears like angels singingin heaven. Calm her anxious heart. In Jesus name. Amen

Leah, Proverbs 16:3 says to commit your works unto the Lord and he will make your path staight or commit to the Lord whatever you do do and your pland will succeed. I pray this for you. Give it to hima nd trust him.

Marilyn
01-25-02, 05:41 PM
Touch her Lord and let her voice be as Yours. Let her lift up her voice, knowing that You are right beside her. Let her focus on singing to You and help her to do her very best. in Jesus' name.

Can't wait to hear about it kiddo! You're gonna do GREAT!

HeatherlyButterfly
01-25-02, 06:08 PM
leah. i love you. you'll do great. i'll be around campus tomorrow. call 6707 from a tan campus phone and leave me a message. i'll be sure to come find you at some point. if you have nothing better to do, at 2 for $3 you can watch several very funny skits at shaklin theater. i'm in the 2nd one, i sit at the desk. i'm busy from 10-12 and 12-about 4 though... i'm sorry... when are you getting to campus? i'll check the boards and my email tonight... so just let me know... love you!

grandpa
01-25-02, 09:06 PM
:angel: Father, This is surely a time that this lady needs your comfort and the Peace that passes all understanding. Bless her and give her ease and composure to perform well. Agape. Grandpa.:)

Vyktorya
01-25-02, 10:46 PM
Leah, its me "gothikbeloved". Never realized you were a member here. What a "coincidence".

Heavenly Father,
I ask that you please help Leah with her solo tomorrow. I plead the blood of Jesus over her and ask that she may be given the confidence she needs. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

princess leah
01-26-02, 05:29 PM
hey! thanks so much for the prayers, everyone. i did very well, thank God. i get to perform my solo at state, and the large group i was in is going too! all in all it's been a wonderful day.

awesome to see ya, 'gothikbeloved'

Marilyn
01-26-02, 06:49 PM
Wooooohhooo!!! Thanks Lord!!

Ann
01-26-02, 11:58 PM
Hallaujah!

uniquelyhis
02-01-02, 03:28 PM
Isn't God awesome? He answers prayers!

MauraKay
03-02-02, 10:50 PM