PDA

View Full Version : Do you play Guitar?

ILoveJesusLGL
01-23-02, 09:34 PM
I was just wondering how many people play guitar and if some of you do, do you lead worship in your youth group or church? I do! Its so much fun worshiping the LORD with guitar worship, Its my most favorite way to worship HIM. So Let me know if you do play or have ever wanted to or if your trying it now. Just want to see how many of you play guitar. God Bless, cant wait to hear from you.

P.S. SMILE :D This is the day that the LORD has made so be GLAD in it!

crossrhythm
01-23-02, 09:40 PM
I play guitar, but not well enough to warrant playing for others.

HeatherlyButterfly
01-24-02, 12:10 AM
ditto to crossrythm

Nicole
01-24-02, 12:13 AM
I use to be able to strum out the tune of the Mickey Mouse club song on my brother's guita, but that was about it :)

ManInBlack
01-24-02, 02:44 AM
I learned how to play guitar from Elvis -- learn two chords and pound em so hard nobody knows you're faking it ;)

I don't know alot of regular guitar but i've managed to do pretty well on bass.

Blessings,
Zechariah

Oz-Jen
01-24-02, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by ManInBlack

I don't know alot of regular guitar but i've managed to do pretty well on bass.

Blessings,
Zechariah

Yeah.......me too!!!

:biggrin:

Nampula
01-24-02, 07:51 PM
i don't play guitar but i do play the banjo...

and, woah, you're from louisville? i'm from owensboro!!!

Orpheus42
01-24-02, 07:55 PM
I play a little guitar and a little bass, and even less banjo and mandolin.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Candice
01-25-02, 12:44 AM
i am getting pretty decent at guitar, i actually am feeling comfortable playing it in most of the comfortable guitar keys...

VG8XP80
01-25-02, 02:07 AM
I play guitar. I don't lead worship but I'm in a worship band. Well, it's more of a praise band. Not regular, but we're finishing the first CD. We all go to different churches, and live in different towns, so we don't play much. Usually large youth festivals and such around the state. I'm also working on launching a solo musical career.

Orpheus42
01-25-02, 02:21 AM
Oh yeah, the leading worship part *LOL*

I help lead worship at home with the Campus Crusade worship team, I've also been on the Student Christian Fellowship worship team, and I've played in several special events. I've done percussion, bass, saxophone, guitar, and sometimes simultaneous combinations. Let me tell you, it's a real challenge to play congas and saxophone at the same time, especially while sneaking in the occasional background vocals. Here at Harlaxton, I play guitar and also some sax and whistle flute and I'll be doing percussion as soon as I make sure I have everything budgeted so I can get a drum. I found an awesome djembe in a London music store for about 2/3 of what a nearly identical-quality drum cost anywhere I saw it in America :)

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Candice
01-27-02, 03:23 AM
hey jase... umm my birthday is in a few days... you should bring two of those back ;)

ManInBlack
01-27-02, 04:30 AM
I play a little guitar and a little bass

How little? like, 2 or 3"?

hey jase... umm my birthday is in a few days... you should bring two of those back ;)

...one of those being for me...

Blessings,
Zechariah

Nampula
01-27-02, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Orpheus42
I found an awesome djembe in a London music store for about 2/3 of what a nearly identical-quality drum cost anywhere I saw it in America :)

jason! ole buddy ole pal.. just remember who introduced you to the best djembe-players around... [madison greene] ;)

HeatherlyButterfly
01-27-02, 07:32 PM
JASE! i kinda led worship this morning! it wasn't anything big.. but i played power chords (at least that's what someone else called them) and we had a mini-service before musical madness since a lot of us couldn't go to church. soooo... it was really cool... hehe... just thought i'd let you know so you could be happy for me too.

Orpheus42
01-27-02, 08:37 PM
Hx- SCHWEET!!! :biggrin:

Linds- actually it was your sister ;)

Zech- :stinkeye:

Candice- we'll see :)

Nampula
01-28-02, 01:27 AM
jason, who do you think told her?

Orpheus42
01-28-02, 02:03 AM
The ancestry of introduction does not extend to making you the introducer ;)

Candice
01-30-02, 11:49 PM

Candice- we'll see :)

*grins* awwww ;) *hugs*

i wub j00 jase :biggrin:

Orpheus42
01-31-02, 09:49 AM
Awwww :biggrin:

Ann
02-06-02, 02:39 PM
I don't play guitar but I know a great site for thise who want to learn. It's Bill Brown's www.guitarbyear.com Bill is a friend of a close friend of ours - she made his first 2 sites for him. He teaches guitar specifically for worship as well as for fun. He is really gifted and anointed in worship I'm told, leads worship and teaches people to move into real worship @ their church and other places. You may want to check it out. :)

Barney
02-10-02, 04:59 PM
I play gee-tar! Well, try to. I'm not too good at lead.
And for worship leading.....can't beat piano!!!!

:biggrin:

GodBroken
02-10-02, 09:57 PM
i don't play but it'll be cool to learn how... i'm the only one in the family who doesn't know how to! (among siblings... that is....)

Barney
02-11-02, 06:06 PM
You should learn, then we can have a huge cyber-jam of some sort!!!! If you wanna learn some of the tutoring websites are real good!!!!

:dunce:ME:dunce:

GodBroken
02-11-02, 10:01 PM
i play violin and keyboards... u think that'll be good 'nuff for the jam?:confused:

Candice
02-12-02, 12:14 AM
*misses her guitar* i'm too busy with school to get much time to play on my baby :( *sniff sniff*

Barney
02-13-02, 06:48 PM
Violin and keys? Both at once....I'd like to see that!

Cyber jam it is! :biggrin:

Orpheus42
02-13-02, 07:32 PM
I played sax and congas at the same time, and I've also played bass guitar and various percussion instruments at the same time. What I REALLY want to be able to do is to play sax and sing backup at the same time :biggrin:

Not sure if that's possible, though.

Candice
02-13-02, 07:41 PM
I played sax and congas at the same time, and I've also played bass guitar and various percussion instruments at the same time. What I REALLY want to be able to do is to play sax and sing backup at the same time :biggrin:

Not sure if that's possible, though.

heh heh heh i'd like to see that ;)

Ann
03-01-02, 03:43 AM
What I REALLY want to be able to do is to play sax and sing backup at the same time

Jason, this I have GOT to see - and hear. :biggrin:

Orpheus42
03-01-02, 05:51 PM
I've tried several times- I don't think it's actually physically possible ;)

The sax mouthpiece makes the words all garbled.