PDA

View Full Version : poor little Bible

Nicole
01-21-02, 07:12 PM
a part of my Bible is repeatedly falling apart! I told it to stay together, but it just won't listen to me..lol Anyway, anyone know any good book binding glue? I tried both elmer's and hot glue already. And those worked for a like 2 weeks at the most. My church librarian said she may be able to do something with it, but it would take her about 2 weeks...I don't know if I could part with it for 2 weeks though, lol. It's a fairy large section (Isaiah to Ephesians) so, any helpful ideas? My poor little Bible is falling apart!

bigkat
01-21-02, 07:53 PM
I saw the Martha Stewart show the other day and some people repaired some books. They used this kit called the 'Book Lover's Repair Kit' that had a bunch of stuff in it for doing various repairs. I looked it up on Amazon and they sell it for $87, a lot more than a new Bible but at least you'd be able to fix any book that wore out on you in the future!

Multimom
01-21-02, 09:18 PM
If you can stand to part with your Bible for a couple of weeks, you can take it to your local Bible Retailer, most of them know someone or have agreements with someone who will rebind it for a fee. I had to do this after my precious boxer puppy decided he liked the taste of "bonded leather" LOL

trixiepup
01-22-02, 03:52 AM
for a cheap fix, you can get some silicone type epoxy from the store. walmart sells e6000 in the craft section, and it is amazing. it bonds just about anything to anything else, and it's pretty strong. it also stays flexible (compared to elmers).

i think it's about $3 or so a tube, and it is acid free when dry (good for preserving memories :-)

no idea if it would work long term, but you don't really have much to lose.

Nicole
01-22-02, 09:36 AM
ooh...that idea sounds about the cheapest and non-time-consuming trixie! I'll have to try that - and then if it doesn't work go for another option.