PDA

View Full Version : pastimes...

b
01-19-02, 05:55 PM
hey everybody,

i just wondered what kinda hobbies/passtimes you have. i would love to hear, cos i'm looking for some good ideas for my free time.

God Bless from
b
xx

Multimom
01-19-02, 09:56 PM
Hobbies:

Crochet, cross stitch, playing the piano, and my 6 kids.

Tricia
01-19-02, 10:09 PM
One word: Photography.

Very cool, and you can do it any style you want to.

I don't want to make a cliche, but you can express yourself taking pictures. :biggrin:

Nicole
01-19-02, 10:12 PM
I enjoy putting together scrapbooks and stuff with all my pictures. I started when I was in about 6th grade...and now have my entire life in pictures in scrapbooks :) I use a company called Creative Memories (www.creativememories.com) - but you can usually find scrapbook stuff at most craft stores.

And, every once in a while I like to crochet - but that is rare (I started a blanket 4 years ago - and it's still only about half done! lol)

and, if I find a good book I can stay amused for hours!

butterfly
01-19-02, 10:26 PM
-Swimming, swimming and more swimming, yep, I live at the pool, though that's become more of a career than a hobby.
-hiking, there's so many beautiful trails around here and I really like being outdoors.
-photography, if you have one of those manual cameras you can have lots of fun with this.
-reading, there's nothing like a good book to make time go fast!
-baking bread, don't get to do this very often since it's a bit time-consuming, but it's a great stress reliever (what with all the punching and kneading) and is well appreciated by my family!
-various crafts, I make frames, candles, cards, stationery etc. Not only is it fun but you'll have a whole bunch of emergency gifts ready that you can use in a pinch.
-drawing and painting, mostly just sketching, nothing spectular, just for my own amusement.
-writing, again only for my own amusement, don't really share that with anyone else. I've kept everything I've written since the first grade, it's fun to look back on.
-geneology-well, I haven't really done any of this, but it's something I'm interested in getting into eventually, maybe when I actually have some free time. :rofl:

b
01-20-02, 08:42 AM
thankyou for posting what ya like.

tricia i love photography too, but i'm a mere beginner right now.
what kinda stuff do you like to take pictures of? i'm a huge fan of nature, and landscapes but i'm gonna try some portaits some time too.

i love craft stuff too. i'm collecting stuff from my life so far to make a quilt with. i'm not sure when to make it though!

you guys are so great. i love you all. thanks for sharing. if anybody else has any other passtimes too, post. :D

b
xx

Tricia
01-20-02, 01:31 PM
Hey,

I basically take pictures of flora and fauna. I haven't worked up to people yet. :rolleyes:

I take pictures of my cats from different angles, and I even won 1st place in a contest for it. I have also gone out to the country to take pics of cows and ladscape and rusty fences.

Breni Sue
01-20-02, 04:31 PM
*looks around, wide-eyed*

Y'all mean to tell me that there are other things to do besides hang out at ILJ?! :eek: Wherever did you hear this vicious rumor?

;)

Orpheus42
01-20-02, 06:02 PM
Music, also reading and writing about various deep subjects that no normal human being would want to spend hardly any time on ;)

HeatherlyButterfly
01-20-02, 06:08 PM
passtimes would infer that we had time left in a day to pass instead of barely making it to the end before passing out... ;) hehe...

no.. when i have free time i like to read (that doesn't happen much during school though)

i also love writing mostly poetry and short stories, though i have a few narratives from contests i was in and stuff...

i knit whenever i'm doing something that doesn't require my hands.. like while watching movies or tv or talking with a friends sometimes... i even take my knitting to class! hehe... you never know when you'll have time to do a row or 2!

i love every now and then when i can sneak away with my guitar and play around a bit just for me and God... oh yeah.. and the guy that cleans the chapel.. he's almost always around when i go over there...

i also like to sing. i love it actually.. i even sing at work while i'm folding extra pizza boxes or waiting for the phone to ring..

and i love just doing random art projects. clay or sketches or painting or whatever... i do something creative when i find the time... i like photography, and i really want to do some more.. but my camera broke.. :( no more photography for me...

i do other stuff.. but most of it is related to something i'm involved in.. like my organizations and classes and all of that... anyways.. yeah... i really should be studying now...

Breni Sue
01-20-02, 06:27 PM
In my spare time - which is few and far between - I like tinkering with the piano (I say "tinker" because I am not exactly mastered in it!), reading - especially Scripture, spending time with my family, collecting Tiger figurines/stuffed animals, walking outdoors on a nice day, going on road trips, singing (I didn't say I was good! ;) ), and baking desserts.

Oh yeah, I also like to draw! :)

Orpheus42
01-20-02, 06:35 PM
I like plinking around on the piano, I've written some cool stuff but I'm too lazy to write it down. Ah well...

kimanne
01-20-02, 06:37 PM
I love to quilt, read, crochet, putz with my reef tank, go to movies, cook, ride with my hubby on his Harley... for a wonderful "pastime" which covers exercise, stress relief, focus, persistance - I suggest martial arts. I have enjoyed Taekwondo with my son for the last year and it has really done wonders for my health and mental focus! Warning, however, it can become a pretty serious passion, and then should not be listed as a "pastime"! ~kim

HeatherlyButterfly
01-20-02, 06:38 PM
if you're too lazy to write it down--how have you written some cool stuff.. :what:

Orpheus42
01-20-02, 06:39 PM
It's written in my head ;)

HeatherlyButterfly
01-20-02, 07:14 PM
you took a pencil and write on your brain? didn't that hurt?

Orpheus42
01-21-02, 06:45 AM
Who said anything about a brain? :confused:

HeatherlyButterfly
01-21-02, 10:10 AM
oh yeah... that's right... ;) hehe.. you're silly...

Orpheus42
01-21-02, 01:21 PM
Hey! :smash: :redhotmad :bomb:

;):p;)

HeatherlyButterfly
01-21-02, 01:22 PM
hey nothing... you implied it...

Orpheus42
01-21-02, 01:23 PM
All I said was "Who said anything about a brain?" I said nothing about silly ;)

HeatherlyButterfly
01-21-02, 01:25 PM
oh.. it's the silly part you have problems with... well it's all my opinion... sorry..you can't do anything about it... i've known you too long...

b
01-21-02, 03:18 PM
i love all you guys!

ooooh, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig *hug*

b
xx

:D:D:D

Orpheus42
01-21-02, 04:42 PM
:biggrin:

trixiepup
01-22-02, 11:30 PM
let's see....

soapmaking (glycerin and lye based)
ceramics
baking
snowboarding
aikido
uechi ryu karate do
sewing
crocheting
knitting (i try, i really do :)
reading
school work
taking the kids out (walking my 2 dogs...collectively known as the kids in our family)
babysitting my cousin
random other crafts that catch my eyes

i have loads of hobbies and sorta wander between them all depending on my mood.

JessLynn
01-22-02, 11:40 PM
I like to . . .

1. Read
2. Write poetry.
3. Take pictures.
4. Decorate frames
5. Do collages
6. Make scrapbooks
7. Play the piano.
8. GO SHOPPING
9. Talk to my friends