PDA

View Full Version : How Now Shall We Live?

Nicole
01-15-02, 05:46 PM
Anyone ever done that study? It's by Chuck Colson and some other lady - forget her name. We're doing a church-wide study on it starting in February. Anyway, if you've done the study, did you like it?

faeroeisle
01-15-02, 06:56 PM
sorry haven't heard of it. :(

have you heard of Breaking Free by Beth Moore? it's a study program for women. i just now watched the first video in the series and all i can say is "wow". it was awesome.

Multimom
01-15-02, 09:01 PM
Beth Moore is a good friend of my mothers. She started her ministry as a Sunday School teacher of women only at First Baptist Church, Houston. Awesome doesn't begin to describe her ministry.

(I love dropping names.);) ;)

Nicole
01-15-02, 09:04 PM
They do a Women's Bible study at my church on Monday and Thursday mornings - and it's Beth Moore quite often. Sadly, I go to school on Mondays and work on Thursdays :( I think I may run by the bookstore and just pick up a copy to do independently! I want to do Just Give Me Jesus.

lol - LeAnn

Vinnie
01-16-02, 12:10 AM
Its by Chuck Colson and Nancy Pearson I think. i have it and read only the first few pages. Seemed cool what I read. Will finish it one day. You know, you could move a copy of this into another forum :angel:

Nicole
01-18-02, 12:52 PM
for those of you who saw the previous insanity in this thread - it has been moved to the wacky forum :)

Vinnie
01-18-02, 01:56 PM
:angel:

bigkat
01-18-02, 02:19 PM
I read the Chuck Colson book. I think it's one of the best books that describes Chrisitanity as a worldview in an easy to read kind of way. I've recommended it to people who were really wanting to know why they should believe what they believe. In fact, I gave a copy to my dad who actually read it (after about a year and a half) and now says that he believes in God after having read it. He even bought a copy for my uncle!

Nicole
01-18-02, 02:54 PM
very cool!