PDA

View Full Version : From the teen scen:

Vinnie
01-18-02, 12:41 AM
She asked for prayer. Maybe a little advice is needed as well ;)

I recently tried a faith-strengthening exercise, where I didn't watch tv, listen to music, or go on the internet for a week. (For a pastor's or bishops me, this is a very long time.) I read the Bible and prayed more instead. However, during this time, I had a REALLY bad experience. I never thought God didn't exist. I never thought anything in the Bible was false. For some reason, I just felt like I wasn't God's child anymore. It is the single worst feeling I have ever experienced, and something I would never want to feel EVER again. I don't understand why it came during a time when I was trying to strengthen my faith. And since then I have bad feelings once in a while, where I doubt whether I am going to heaven, and I doubt that God accepts me. (its been about a week or two, which doesn't seem long, but considering that all my life the only thing that was certain and without any doubt was God and that I was His, with this feeling its felt like an incredibly LOOOONG time) Its not that I think I am acting wrong, because it doesn't matter what I do as long as I accept Jesus as my savior. But I feel that I don't belong. I am praying hard, and trying to find peace. I would appreciate your prayers, and if you have any advice or personal experience to share, please share.

This be the thread:

http://www.iljboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4481

Thanks...

Breni Sue
01-18-02, 04:28 AM
Wow, I am not sure what to say. My heart aches for her. :wah: I think that maybe Ann would be best qualified to dish out the advice here!

Vinnie
01-18-02, 10:31 AM
I think that maybe Ann would be best qualified to dish out the advice here!

You can read minds? :stinkeye:

;)

Breni Sue
01-19-02, 12:46 AM
:angel:

Ann
01-19-02, 02:43 PM
Folkses
I don't always get to read every post on this - or any forum - so if u need me use email. If you really need me like right then use the cell phone email if u have it.