PDA

View Full Version : Creed

KyRam
01-17-02, 08:12 PM
Does anyone like Creed? I like thier music, it mat not be like most Christian music but I think that thier songs have spiritual meanings, so to speak.

Bohrdumb
01-18-02, 01:14 AM
It's not meant to fit the Christian Genre but the lead singer read the Bible a lot when he was younger and get a lot of his influences from there. It has some good meanings in his songs.

ILoveJesusLGL
01-18-02, 11:51 AM
Creed is an alright group, I have heard a friend say that now they say they are a christian band. But when I hear christian music I hear words like "Jesus" and "Savior" or other things like that. As an example, POD does not use these words (that Ive heard yet) and a friend of mine told me that the song ALIVE is talking about drugs, so he thinks the song means "smoking weed for the very first time and now I feel so Alive" I wish they would sing it different so People would get the right message that is supposed to be put out. So this is why I only listen to REAL CHRISTIAN MUSIC that use the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ like Justifide, Chris Tomlin, Steven Curtis Chapman, and other groups that sing about JESUS and use his name.

Thanks for listening! God Bless! and Live God Loud Always!!

:D

AgentPhyte003
01-19-02, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ILoveJesusLGL
So this is why I only listen to REAL CHRISTIAN MUSIC that use the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ !!

I do not really agree with that reasoning, b/c that means by it Amazing Grace is not a "real Christian" song. The song refers to Jesus multiple times but never outright mentions his name. I think that true Christian music is any music that praises and glorifies God .. . just because it does not implicity say "Jesus" does not negate it as Christian music

ILoveJesusLGL
01-19-02, 05:31 PM
I just want to make sure everybody that read my reply to CREED knows that I am talking about new music today that people might take the wronge way. I dont care if you played amazing grace to an athiest, they would know exacly what that song is about. But were not talking about Amazing Grace are we, were talking about CREED! I think I have proven my point and to an extent of meaning. I just hope that people dont think I dont like music that does not use the words Jesus or Savior or other words from the Bible.

I just think if somebody has the AVALIBLITY to create a song, that anybody in the whole world could hear, and they dont put one song on their whole albulm that says something about what they mean or what they are singing about, and they dont, than me and my opinion dont call it Christian Music. Also I think it would good if Creed is a christian band and they dont put anything like that in their music than mabey they could put something in the CD Book in the cover that says something about Jesus, or what they want people to get out of thier music.

But anyway, thats how I feel about the situation.

Also I want to say that I hope anybody feels that this is what Im doing ~~~> :argue: I am just putting out my opinion!

Thank You for listning and God Bless All of you!!

ManInBlack
01-20-02, 06:08 PM
POD, "Alive"
Everyday is a new day,
I'm thankful for every breath I take,
I won't take it for granted(I won't take it for granted),
So I learn from my mistakes,
It's beyond my control, sometimes it's best to let go,
Whatever happens in this lifetime,
So I trust in love(So I trust in love),
You have given me peace of mind..

I, I feel so alive,
For the very first time,
I can't deny You,
I feel so alive..
I, I feel so alive,
For the very first time,
And I think I could fly..

Sunshine upon my face,
A new song for me to sing,
Tell the world how I feel inside(Tell the world how I feel inside),
Even though it may cost me everything,
Now that I know this, so beyond, i can't hold this
I can never turn my back away,
Now that I see You(Now that I see You),
I could never look away..

Now that I know, I could never turn my back away,
Now that I see you, I could never look away..
Now that I know, I could never turn my back away,
Now that I see you, I'm believe no matter what they say!

[Chorus 3x]

My friend Matt and I looked at this song when it first came out to see if there was anything that would blatantly keep it from being misinterpreted for a drug song. I have boldfaced the parts that are pretty straight out.

Blessings,
Zechariah

Orpheus42
01-20-02, 06:11 PM
So old music that makes allusion to God but doesn't mention him specifically is fine, but new music that does so is not?

What about songs that raise social action issues? What about a song that is evangelistic but not brutally so- that is, it raises issues without beating the listener over the head with the "Jesus bat"?

Can only music that specifically mentions God be glorifying to him?

edited to add: Also, by putting your opinion in this, a public forum, you are opening yourself up to having your opinion discussed and challenged. Getting defensive is not really a good way to handle that. I think you have an opinion worth discussing, so I hope you will stick around.

Oz-Jen
01-21-02, 05:51 AM
I LOVE CREED!!!!!!That's all I want to say.

:biggrin:

Serena82101
01-24-02, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Oz-Jen
I LOVE CREED!!!!!!That's all I want to say.

:biggrin:

hehe:D

I really like Creed, as well. :cool:

lostsoul
02-13-02, 06:32 PM
Alright, to clear up all of these misconceptions you people have, Creed and POD are NOT Christian rock. They make references to religion and that's about it. Any other questions about popular music? :D

Orpheus42
02-13-02, 06:38 PM
Creed- no. POD- they have gone on record several times stating emphatically that they are a group of Christians, their songs have an overt Christian message.

I don't mention Jesus in every song I write, does that mean I'm not a "Christian artist"?

Scotty
02-13-02, 09:54 PM
I hear this issue so much and I almost get tired of it. I'm gong to make thi svery very vlear though to try to help clear things up nad get people streight. Creed is by no means a Christian band. No member of the badn is a Christian and no member of the band even pretends to be. There are alot of articles out about them adn they up front say this in interviews. A quote form a recent US Today article states "we believe in God, but its ont a Christian God or a muslim god or a buddhist god." That right there is a direct contradiction of Jesus saying " I am the way and the truth adn the light. No one comes to the Father except through me. These articles can b found in USA today and various other magazines. If you liek there music, that is fine, but do not listen to it for spiritual content b/c Satan can quote scripture if he wants(temptation of Jesus in the wilderness, System of a down - Chop Suey). There music sounds like it has a christian backing b/c of Scot Stapp's raising, which unfortunately he rebels from.
Now on the note of POD, They are without a doubt a christian band. Before satellite and Southtown, they had some more albums that mentioned Jesus all over the place( see snuff the punk and others). Snuff the punhas a picture of an archangel on the front throwing Satan down from heaven. Another thing is the inserts in the albums make it prety clear as well. Then there's all the psalms they read on their albums. They are a Christian band that has managed to break into the secular market, Good for them.
On another note, some say Destiny's child is a Christian group, but I am still tryig t o find spiritual content in bootylicous.

Thats about all form me. For those of you who actually read the whoel thing thanks for taking the time. I'm not trying to make anyone mad or make anybody look or feel bad. just want ot get the facts on the table.

Candice
02-13-02, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Scotty
I hear this issue so much and I almost get tired of it. I'm gong to make thi svery very vlear though to try to help clear things up nad get people streight. Creed is by no means a Christian band. No member of the badn is a Christian and no member of the band even pretends to be. There are alot of articles out about them adn they up front say this in interviews. A quote form a recent US Today article states "we believe in God, but its ont a Christian God or a muslim god or a buddhist god." That right there is a direct contradiction of Jesus saying " I am the way and the truth adn the light. No one comes to the Father except through me. These articles can b found in USA today and various other magazines. If you liek there music, that is fine, but do not listen to it for spiritual content b/c Satan can quote scripture if he wants(temptation of Jesus in the wilderness, System of a down - Chop Suey). There music sounds like it has a christian backing b/c of Scot Stapp's raising, which unfortunately he rebels from.

I agree with you completely, they are not a christian band and have made it known that they don't want anyone to associate them as a Christian band(if you want proof go to their website and click on FAQs). I do like some of their songs, some of them make great human videos that really reach people but then again almost any song can make a great human video, one of the best examples is the song "bright eyes" I've seen so many people weep and repent to a human video to this secular song.

Now on the note of POD, They are without a doubt a christian band. Before satellite and Southtown, they had some more albums that mentioned Jesus all over the place( see snuff the punk and others). Snuff the punhas a picture of an archangel on the front throwing Satan down from heaven. Another thing is the inserts in the albums make it prety clear as well. Then there's all the psalms they read on their albums. They are a Christian band that has managed to break into the secular market, Good for them.

If you would just read the lyrics to their songs you would catch a lot more of the meaning and you would notice that the words "Jah" and "Jesus Christ" are everywhere. POD uses the word "Jah" which has either been interpreted as Jahova or God because of the way the say their words it can be both(notice the song messenJAH not messenGer which shows they use J as G and in a rap style of music you tend to cut off hard consonates such as d which explains Jah.

On another note, some say Destiny's child is a Christian group, but I am still tryig t o find spiritual content in bootylicous.

:rofl: