PDA

View Full Version : Pray for My Dad

cujo95
01-14-02, 09:15 PM
Please pray for my father, he is 84 and has dementia.

Thank you,

cujo

Marilyn
01-14-02, 09:23 PM
Oh Father, this is SO hard! I know the heartache of a parent who flies off the handle and/or looses coherent thought at times. It's heartbreaking. Help these lives to find the comfort and strength they need in You. Help them to see that You are bigger and greater than this problem. Send Your Spirit to minister healing and wholeness to this precious dad and get these thought processes functioning properly. Use this situation to bring the lost to the foot of the cross to seek Your presence in their lives, in Jesus' name.

Ann
01-14-02, 11:41 PM
Father please touch cujo's dad and help his family to deal with him and to make good decisions in his care. Thank You for loving him and for the fact that even when his mind is confused his spirit can hear you. Please give cujo and the rest of the family the grace they need to deal with him and those who care for him./ Thank You.

cujo95
01-15-02, 10:18 PM
I want to thank all of you for your prayers for my father.

He was diagnosed as having the beginning stages of dementia.
However, he and my mom still live together at their home, and he still seems to live a fairly normal life. Bt there are times that his problem shows and all of us must remember his condition and be patient, understanding, and loving especially when he goes off in anger at someone for little or no apparent reason.
So his condition is not as severe as the name, dementia, might imply.

Again, thank all of you for your prayers, and I'll be praying too.

Phil

JoyceAnn
01-19-02, 01:20 PM
My brother Cujo: I know how difficult it is for you do have a parent that is ill. I too had to care for an elderly parent, and it was the hardest task that God had given my family. One thing that we all agreed upon is that God will never put anything upon you that you can not bare. There were day's when mother would come home from chemotherapy sicker than she left the house, but I would never let her see how it affected me. We prayed for God to give us strength to get through those days. My brother Cujo, He gave us strength to endure, and I know He will do the same for you. My prayer for you and your family is: Father, thank you for your Love that your have given to all of us. Please go into the home of Cujo's family, not only his father and mother, but all his family members. Give them the strenght that they will need father to be patient and loving. We know Lord that you are God, and there is nothing too hard for you. You said ask, and it shall be given, knock and the door shall be opened. Father I stand in the gap for Cujo and his family, help me to be mindful of others needs. In Jesus Name we pray: Amen

:love: peace :love:joy :love: patience

cujo95
01-19-02, 03:34 PM
Thank You JoyceAnn for you words of faith and encouragement.

Phil

Marilyn
01-19-02, 04:09 PM
It happened to my mom Phil. For a while we didn't realize that her outbursts and anger were not truly aimed at us. It was very hard and hurt a LOT. But then the Lord let us know what was happening to her and He blessed us with several more beautiful years with her. Some days were bad but the lucid moments were priceless. I was SO thankful that the Lord blessed me with such a loving husband. There were days when mom would be in a good frame of mind that I would talk to her (long distance) for several hours because I knew that the next conversation might be cut very short.

Lord continue to grant this dear family Your strength and wisdom to deal with this situation in victory. Continue to bless them abundantly with Your peace and grant them many wonderful opportunities to be with and enjoy their dad. in Jesus' name.

ManInBlack
01-20-02, 05:28 AM
My God, I know You have not forgotten all the neeeds we place before You, even when there may be many. Lord, we can't fathom how You could handle all this stuf, but we know You can. Father, I lift cujo's father up to You for whatever healing You would give him. I as well uplift his family, Father, that they may have love and understanding for rthis condition. Whatever Your will is, Father, make it like honey to our lips and have us earnestly seeking after it, Father. I praise You for doing all that Y ou have and all that You will, Father, in Jesus' Name i pray, AMen.

Blessings,
Zechariah